Recalled/Assigned: Jason Zucker (Jan 1: Re-called from Iowa)

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Fantastic goal and game by Zucker ones again!

The excitement your talking about is absolutely there..

He jumps likes a bunny after every goal he scores..

Him and Nino NEED to stay as a line no matter what. Don't care what happens, but those two need to stay linemates. They are talking constantly on the bench on what they are going to do and they are starting to find one another on the ice.

FF :43 second mark

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Ha, same here.

I don't think he has a future here. Our top-6 wings are already:

Parise, Niederreiter, Coyle, Pominville

It's simple, he has no place.

Yeah...wouldn't want depth in case a few of our top 6 go down eh?

Thaaaat'll never happen though. :sarcasm:

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah...wouldn't want depth in case a few of our top 6 go down eh?

Thaaaat'll never happen though. :sarcasm:

Having depth is great. Only problem is Zucker isn't going to want to stay in the AHL forever just so the Wild have someone to call up when there is an injury.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Having depth is great. Only problem is Zucker isn't going to want to stay in the AHL forever just so the Wild have someone to call up when there is an injury.

He may not, but it's not up to him. He's not an obtuse guy, I'm sure he's got enough self common sense to self examine and see he's not ready quite yet either. When he's ready there will either be a spot at that time or there won't. If there isn't Fletcher can then trade him for possibly another, maybe even better asset and Zucker can find his place in the top 6 on another team while we groom another. It's a revolving door and is as it should be. Moving and developing assets is a never ending cycle.

Last edited:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Coyle can easily play on the 3rd line to make room.

I agree. I never liked Coyle as a top-six center, and even as a top-six winger he is in over his head a bit, but he's looked fine on the third line so far. There needs to be some growth in the offensive department, but overall he's looked good there IMO.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
The thing is, it comes down to goalscoring.

I know we all want size, but at the end of the day goals are winning games. You can be as big as you want but you still have to put the puck in the net.

Zucker is showing that he can handle top six and be effective.

And i got to say, the way he scored his first goal this season is exactly how i picture him scoring.

Using his speed and quick release to put in the back of the net.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Only problem is both Zucker and Neiderreiter are natural LWs. One of them would have to show that they can consistently play on the right side. Unless we did something like...

Parise - Koivu - X
Nino - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - X - Coyle

We'd have ~ $7-10m available to fill out the "X" spots.

Last edited:

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Only problem is both Zucker and Neiderreiter are natural LWs. One of them would have to show that they can consistently play on the right side. Unless we did something like...

Parise - Koivu - X
Zucker - X - Coyle

We'd have ~ $7-10m available to fill out the "X" spots.

I like the idea of having 3 scoringlines, but i would maybe like to see another center than Koivu alongside Parise.

Parise - Briere - X
Zucker - Koivu - Coyle

Now, who would we want on RW?

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I like the idea of having 3 scoringlines, but i would maybe like to see another center than Koivu alongside Parise.

Parise - Briere - X
Zucker - Koivu - Coyle

Have you watch Briere this season?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Parise - Briere - X
Zucker - Koivu - Coyle

You want to bring in a 36 year old Brierre, who can't stay in the Canadiens lineup, to play 1C? :help:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Parise - Briere - X
Zucker - Koivu - Coyle

Drop Briere from your hopes.

He is done. He has been playing on the fourth line for Montreal. He has 13 points in 30 games. Last year he had 16 points in 34 games.

There is no reason to hope he comes here. He is overpaid, over his head, and not any better defensively than Brodziak to make up for lack of offense.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We have the room to add 2-3 $5m guys... Derek Roy for ~$5.5m? He's still a 50ish point player; we could either reunite him with Pomminville or put him between Zucker and Coyle for a pretty promising 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad