Recalled/Assigned: Jason Zucker (Jan 1: Re-called from Iowa)

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
How did Zucker play, what lines was he part of?

He looked pretty up and down to me. He had some real good shifts and some shifts where he turned the puck over multiple times. He looked fast though. Also passed on a shot opportunity that he would've taken last season.

WildFinn*

He looked pretty up and down to me. He had some real good shifts and some shifts where he turned the puck over multiple times. He looked fast though. Also passed on a shot opportunity that he would've taken last season.

So did he take Ninos place or what? That really does not work, Coyle or Nino has to be on that second line.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
So did he take Ninos place or what? That really does not work, Coyle or Nino has to be on that second line.

I really like Nino there but I think that Zucker, Coyle, and Nino are all interchangeable on that line. The issue is that the third line is seeing top lines of other teams. If your going to run that match up you need someone better defensively than Zucker.

WildFinn*

I really like Nino there but I think that Zucker, Coyle, and Nino are all interchangeable on one line. The issue is that the third line is seeing top lines of other teams. If your going to run that match up you need someone better defensively than Zucker.

IMO they really are not.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Zucker has potential, but no way should he supplant Nino. He's playing very well,especially considering his past performances with the Isles. Why mess with him? One of the few guys with size and offensive skills on the team.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
I agree. While Coyle and Nino play similar games, Zucker certainly doesn't.

Sorry, interchangeable was a poor word choice. I just meant that all three work there (obvoiusly all are different players, especially Zucker).

Theorectically if Zucker could find a place there then Nino would move to the 3rd and Fountaine to the 4th. Every line would have a player with some offensive ability.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Needs a fair chance before i judge, and nino can play RW plus adds the scoring touch the 3rd line lacks.

give him another 2-3 games in the same position, if he struggles, swap nino and him.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yeah let him settle in somewhere. still don't think he'll wash out--just taking a little longer road than most people assumed he would.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
"Let's send down our young, fast and actually effective player that shoots first for a slow, 33 year old 4th line grinder."

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Have never heard of such a negative fan base. Minnesota sports fans are the worse I wouldn't play here if I was athlete either. Then all fans are going complain were to soft. I really don't think it was yeo chose to send him down.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Have never heard of such a negative fan base. Minnesota sports fans are the worse I wouldn't play here if I was athlete either. Then all fans are going complain were to soft. I really don't think it was yeo chose to send him down.

I don't understand much what you're saying but my wild guess is that it's far from being the most negative fan base. Expectations are starting to build up, that's a good thing.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

The team has scored four goals in its last four games. Why on earth would anyone not be pessimistic about subtracting a young, fast shooter and adding an old, slow enforcer?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I know we want to stop the skid, but is Zucker really the answer?

Long-term, I think Iowa is better for his development - at least until Heatley's gone.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Soft isn't their problem. I'd like to see them finish more hits, but that's a strategic/coaching problem, not a personnel one. They need to be faster, they need better shots, and they need better offensive instincts.

then people complain that they aren't shooting enough and they do it last night people complain that they were shooting to much.( Russo tweets one of the people that knows what he is talking about).We could win the Stanley cup and fans would sill complain. 54 more games to go with the 7th seed playoff spot.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I know we want to stop the skid, but is Zucker really the answer?

Long-term, I think Iowa is better for his development - at least until Heatley's gone.

He's a much more useful piece than Rupp is at the moment. I liked the way the lines looked last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad