Jason Spezza

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This is a great picture of Spezza when he scored his 3rd goal to get the hat trick.

Etbu0UPXIAAoA3B

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
He looks fresh. I think shorter season might benefit him and he will have enough in the tank for playoffs.
I think at 35+ yo he was usually exhausted by the end of professional hockey season in Dallas and with us and not as effective. Keep it up.

Reactions: The Cobra

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Would it be out of the question to try Spezza in a 3rd line role? I’d really like to see what he could do with some more ice time and better line mates. He’s very noticeable whenever he’s on the ice. This could also possibly spread out the scoring.

Matthews Marner
Tavares Thornton
Spezza Nylander

I’d also like to see Brooks in the 4C slot. Enough trying to stick square pegs into round holes.

Reactions: The Cobra

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Would it be out of the question to try Spezza in a 3rd line role? I’d really like to see what he could do with some more ice time and better line mates. He’s very noticeable whenever he’s on the ice. This could also possibly spread out the scoring.

Matthews Marner
Tavares Thornton
Spezza Nylander

I’d also like to see Brooks in the 4C slot. Enough trying to stick square pegs into round holes.

I didn’t mind Kerfoot on the wing last game. Thought he had one of his best games.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
You can tell his pedigree is just levels above the journeymen he plays with and against in the bottom 6.

Might not have the athleticism he did 15 years ago but he's been a fantastic addition, never expected to like him as much as i do.

Last edited:

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
You can tell his pedigree is just levels above the journeymen he plays with and against in the bottom 6.

Might not have the athleticism he did 15 years ago but he's been a fantastic addition, never expected to like him as much as i do.

He is honestly absolutely fantastic. When you factor in the contract, and the experience he shares with younger players we are lucky to have him.

He still does so much on the ice!

Reactions: Kamina

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013

Can certainly teach Ilya a thing or two about freezing the goalie.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
MVP - Jason Spezza is our most valuable player when you take into account the amount of points he is putting up per dollar of his salary. Such a steal

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Somehow need to find Spezza more minutes, he must be second or third on team in points/ 60 minutes.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He has 40 points in his last 82 games playing like 10 mins a night. In Marleau’s good season with us he had 47 playing way more minutes.

Turns out you don’t need to pay 6M for leadership and vets.

Spezza, Thornton, Simmonds signings are the way to go. Not Marleau for 6M+ for 3 years. Lou Lam with all of his years of experience didn't understand that.

Reactions: Auston 316

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Spezza, Thornton, Simmonds signings are the way to go. Not Marleau for 6M+ for 3 years. Lou Lam with all of his years of experience didn't understand that.
Really the only way we can go financially, but the good part is we're an attractive destination because of our talent.

As for Marleau, paying him 6M for two years was low risk because our young stars were all on ELCs. Giving him that third year was just plain stupid.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Really the only way we can go financially, but the good part is we're an attractive destination because of our talent.

As for Marleau, paying him 6M for two years was low risk because our young stars were all on ELCs. Giving him that third year was just plain stupid.

Other teams take advantage of having elite players on ElCs by using the capspace to sign other elite players, not plugs like Marleau and zaitsev.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

It’s hard to look back fondly on the Marleau experience but the positive takeaway is it established the model of a late career former star coming to Toronto to hunt for a cup, which Spezza and Thornton have followed. Hopefully this continues with guys like E. Staal, Getzlaf, Crosby and whomever in the coming years. I’m half joking about Crosby. But kind of not.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
In 81 games over two seasons Spezza has 14 goals, 26 assists averaging under 11 minutes of ice time while playing a key role in the second PP unit and as a face-off man on the PK (with a 56% face off rate).

For $700k.

Reactions: Korg and Kamina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad