Jason Spezza

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
upload_2021-2-4_22-33-47.gif

I’ve been harsh on him but tonight he showed a gear I didn’t think he still had and it has me pretty hyped.

I want to see more of that clapper.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Happy that he cleared waivers. Second oldest Leaf to record the trick!

Reactions: banks

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I am not sure how anyone could be critical of what this guy has brought to the team since day 1. Played in every role, doesn’t ever complain. How many people his age would happily play 4th line and PK. From a guy who has played over 1100 games in the league and almost 1000pts. It’s flat out remarkable his attitude. That’s not even taking into account how well he has played since getting to TO

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The load management has been good for him and having two faster energy guys on his line is helpful as well. The skill is clearly still there, just the energy and speed is inconsistent.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I can't be the only one, who watched his interview tonight, and expected to hear the patented Spezza laugh... that it didn't come out, was disappointing. Great game tonight by him. Eight points now, in his 10 games... that's such incredible value. He had some great chemistry with Petan and Boyd tonight too, they really worked well together.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Never understood why any of our fans don't like him. The guy plays on the 4th line making the league minimum. He wants to be here or he'd retire. Even late in his career he still has the skill to play on the PP and pot 3. He's giving us a lot of bang for our buck when we can't afford other players because the young guys squeezed every dime they could have from this team.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
One of the better low risk contracts in recent memory. Was great last year and still can play as shown this year.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Hard not to love a guy like this. Playing for passion and league minimum and plays his heart out each night. Can’t wait for Thornton to come back and get going

Reactions: LeafSteel

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I cant believe there was a time I seriously disliked Jason Spezza. Even when he was on the Stars never rooted for him and had thought he was a Sens loyalist for life.

This guy is such an amazing player, leader and overall person.

Taking 750k when he can be putting 40 points as 12-13 minutes as 3C on certain teams (oilers for example could use him as he is a lot better than turris for the 3C spot) making 1.5-2M shows how much he loves Toronto.

Full credit to our vets. Simmonds/Spezza/Thornton all love this team and city and play without cheating us for effort when on the ice.

Wish Spezza could have been a leafs pick. Imagining a 06-08 spezza playing the Matthews role with Sundin as the JT is crazy. We probably would have been a contender those three years with Spezza and perhaps a better/stable goaltender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I took a lot of flak back in the day even from the Sens fanbase for how vehemently I always defended Spez. It actually pains me so much to see him playing for Toronto, even knowing it's his hometown team. Near the end I felt like our fanbase didn't deserve him, because he's never been anything other than a consumate pro, great guy, and frankly one of the elite offensive players in the league for a very long time. I never felt he got the respect he deserved in Ottawa. That he's doing what he's doing now is no surprise to me (though I wish it wasn't with the Leafs). He's one of the few players that I'll always root for (and I still proudly wear my Spezza C jersey out at local rinks).

Congrats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad