Jason Spezza

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Thrilled for Spezza. He's very quietly been a solid player for us. Now he is loudly a solid player for us.

Reactions: Kamina

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Given the fact that Spezza has accepted and adjusted to a 4th line player on top of taking league minimum to play here really tells us a lot about his character. Class act guy, glad he’s a Maple Leaf until he chooses to hang up the skates.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Awesome!

"He needs to figure out if he really wants to be here."

I'd forgotten about the one. Makes me wonder how many other things I'd forgotten about and remember just how bad Babcock was in some ways. I still remember how badly I was hoping he'd be fired and how happy I was when it happened.

Spezza and Simmonds, it feels like this is becoming a team in the true sense of the word. :nod:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
He's quickly becoming one of my favourite Leafs. It would be one thing for him to take league minimum to come home if he had nothing left in the tank but the way he's playing combined with helping the team financially because he wants to win plus the team-first selfless attitude he's shown makes this one amazing dude.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
8 points in 10 games and would rather retire than not be a Leaf.

Best bang for your buck contract on the team and maybe the league

Couldnt agree more. Even if the guy isnt scoring hat tricks, hes a great leader and face off man. That in itself is worth what we are paying him. I personally feel this guy is better for the Leafs and their core more so then Marleau ever was at a small fraction of the price. Great pickup by Dubas.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Vintage.

That was vintage Jason Spezza. I just love seeing him line up for a faceoff, or skate it into the offensive zone. It 's a great feeling having that level of clout and experience on the roster. I can't really explain it, but I just like seeing his name and number on our sweater.

He's had possibly one of the most underrated careers of any active player.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Love seeing this guy put up a hattie. As a down and out Sens fan, that was some vintage Spezza play. We were very fortunate to have him through his prime and happy to see he's still contributing. Still hate you guys though.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
For all my fellow Bowen fans out there:

Ralph mentioned Malholtra's work with the PP, something I had not thought about. It does look better.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For all my fellow Bowen fans out there:

Ralph mentioned Malholtra's work with the PP, something I had not thought about. It does look better.

PP finally looks like the Bruins PP. Whirling, switching positions non stop, relentless puck movement.....its a joy to watch. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad