Jason Spezza

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Man, i have been over the moon with the useage and production from spezza. Such a professional, insanely likeable, and productive guy. What a treat and a luxury to have him playing the way he is with limited ice time. We, as fans, are getting an outright gift that he wants to play here; not only that, he PLAYS like he wants to play here too.

you can tell he is working is hardest to perform at the level he has so far this season. If so, the hard work is paying off in the stats dept. not so much in the bank account (yet).

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
you can tell he is working is hardest to perform at the level he has so far this season. If so, the hard work is paying off in the stats dept. not so much in the bank account (yet).
He looked amazing today... watching him this year makes me appreciate his skill more than I ever did in the past.

I'd like to see him on one of the top two lines for an extended time.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019

His career earnings in the NHL are ~90 million. I'm pretty sure with sponsors and advertisements he's made well over 100 million in his career. At 37 years old, I doubt he cares about making an 500k or a million more. He just wants to win the cup, you can see that.

What better way to go retire, than with winning a stanley cup with your hometown team?
Spezza also threatened to retire if another team claimed him.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
I'd like to see some more shifts with Matthews' line for Spezza.
They put Spezza on the first line, and, it was dominant.

People forget, not only is Spezza is a world-class passer, but also an excellent skater.
His zone entries are still amazing.

On the Powerplays, he skates the puck all the way from the D-zone, into the O-zone, whilst, deking past defenders enroute.

I'd like to see, in the 3rd period, Spezza and Thornton swapping lines.
Was watching he and Thornton last night. I agree, why not do the same with Spez as they are doing with Thornton. Play Spez with 34 and 16 or 91 and 88. Spot them for load management with Hyman, Simmonds, Soupy, Smurfoot during the game. Never liked Spezza when in Ottawa (obviously) but he and Hyman (followed by Soupy) are my fav Leafs. Heart and soul guys, though Soupy cannot put the thing in the ocean.

Reactions: The Cobra

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
EroD9AKXAAkwNTD_1.gif

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
If I were playing hockey, my knee might survive fourth line minutes, but that's it. Too much activity and even the brace won't keep my leg from giving out on me.
Think any more ice-time for Spezza would result in a worst performance.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If I were playing hockey, my knee might survive fourth line minutes, but that's it. Too much activity and even the brace won't keep my leg from giving out on me.
Think any more ice-time for Spezza would result in a worst performance.

Spezza is not wearing a knee brace, he’ll be fine with more minutes.

Reactions: Leaftors

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He has been completely neutered by having Thornton on his line
3 points last 15 games averaging about 15 minutes per game and zero goals and 11 shots. Someone asked me who Brenden Lemieux would replace in our lineup when i said i thought maybe Dubas should have been in on that when L.A gets him from the Rangers for a fourth. The guy has 5 hits on the season too. I’m really p!ssed that player isn’t on Dubas radar actually.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Playing the perfect amount of minutes and situations for his age. Lets hope Thornton comes to the same realization.

I think Thornton might be running on empty at this point. He just can't move very well.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think Thornton might be running on empty at this point. He just can't move very well.
yea, i dont see him playing in the playoffs, they need to move him off the PP now and work with guys that will be playoff starters

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Spezza's skills are still so high end. Not a lot of guys on our team can handle the puck as smoothly and elegantly as he does so effortlessly.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->