Jarred Tinordi

• Thread starter hogtownhabsfan*
  • Start date

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I've been watching tinordi a long time and was giddy like a school girl when we drafted him, I think a few people here are in for a surprise when it comes to tinordi fighting skills. Call him whatever weight class you want but he's Marc tinordis son and he fights exactly the same way, I'm not saying he'll be anything close to his father in terms of fighting greatness,however if he's even HALF the fighter his father was we will be in for a treat.

People underestimate how great Marc tinordi was as a fighter not a single person in the nhl can even challenge bob probert or Marc tinordi (maybe Scott can have a run for his money) anyways rant over/

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
If Tinordi can become a solid top4 Dman over the next few years, a pairing of Tinordi-Subban might be crazy dominant. Basically it's giving Subban Gorges, adding size and physicality, without losing mobility and possibly upgrading puck skills. Could be a fun time to be a Habs fan.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, he has things to work on. But he always seemed like a safe bet to me to at least be a competent NHLer. Let's hope he takes that extra step and hits his ceiling.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I've been watching tinordi a long time and was giddy like a school girl when we drafted him, I think a few people here are in for a surprise when it comes to tinordi fighting skills. Call him whatever weight class you want but he's Marc tinordis son and he fights exactly the same way, I'm not saying he'll be anything close to his father in terms of fighting greatness,however if he's even HALF the fighter his father was we will be in for a treat.

People underestimate how great Marc tinordi was as a fighter not a single person in the nhl can even challenge bob probert or Marc tinordi (maybe Scott can have a run for his money) anyways rant over/

First it's Mark not "Marc"

Second, what did the last part mean? Nobody could challenge Mark Tinordi or Bob Probert? Both guys were beaten several times. Tinordi was even beaten by Probert...

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
First it's Mark not "Marc"

Second, what did the last part mean? Nobody could challenge Mark Tinordi or Bob Probert? Both guys were beaten several times. Tinordi was even beaten by Probert...

No one in today's NHL except for maybe Scott plz read carefully next time thank you.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
This discussion is ridiculous, but I'll add my $0.02.

There are heavyweights and then there are super heavyweights (based on sheer size), and there are guys who fight as heavyweights and super heavyweights.

Guys can fight out of their weight class, as we see Prust, a middleweight (in and around 200lbs) fighting heavy's regularly.

Heavyweights are the guys in and around 220lbs or so range, guys like Chris Neil...

Then you have your super heavyweight/goon range. Guys 225+ lbs, or guys who are there to fight those guys. Guys like Scott, Orr, Chara, McLaren, Parros, McGratten, Bordeleau...

I don't expect Tinordi to ever be a super heavyweight type fighter, a guy who can fight the top 10 type fighters in the game and win, but I think he'll be able to fight the heavy's of the world, and hang with the super heavy's on occasion due to his potential super heavyweight size.

Tinordi I view as a guy who will have Super Heavyweight size, but will fight mostly Heavyweights, like a Milan Lucic, since there isn't much to be gained by fighting the super heavyweights since he's too good a hockey player, and most super heavyweights are bum goons...

Chara? :laugh:

May as well add Hal Gill to the list then.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007

I agree. He fights like Mark and he plays just like his daddy outhere. We have a good one right here.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
This discussion is ridiculous, but I'll add my $0.02.

There are heavyweights and then there are super heavyweights (based on sheer size), and there are guys who fight as heavyweights and super heavyweights.

Guys can fight out of their weight class, as we see Prust, a middleweight (in and around 200lbs) fighting heavy's regularly.

Heavyweights are the guys in and around 220lbs or so range, guys like Chris Neil...

Then you have your super heavyweight/goon range. Guys 225+ lbs, or guys who are there to fight those guys. Guys like Scott, Orr, Chara, McLaren, Parros, McGratten, Bordeleau...

I don't expect Tinordi to ever be a super heavyweight type fighter, a guy who can fight the top 10 type fighters in the game and win, but I think he'll be able to fight the heavy's of the world, and hang with the super heavy's on occasion due to his potential super heavyweight size.

Tinordi I view as a guy who will have Super Heavyweight size, but will fight mostly Heavyweights, like a Milan Lucic, since there isn't much to be gained by fighting the super heavyweights since he's too good a hockey player, and most super heavyweights are bum goons...

if he ever fights a guy like looch, he's gonna get his face rearranged

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
We have already agreed that tough and well-built average sized can be considered heavyweight fighters. Problem is, Tinordi is a 6 foot 5, 227 pounds fighter. Are you telling me that once he finally gets the chance to fight a heavy-weight opponent in the NHL you will consider him a heavy-weight fighter? :help:

He fought a few heavyweights in Junior and the minors, he is a heavyweight dude.

EDIT: By the way, check this out from DropYourGloves: Many people rate weight class on the basis of skills rather than size. We will rate fighting skills separately. For this reason, it is recommended to rate players here on the basis of their weight only.
According to the website, Tinordi would be a Heavyweight fighter.

du you have a link? because they exactly rate weightclass on the basis of skills

as a proof, Tinordi isn't a heavyweight and Domi is one
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Players/Player.aspx?Player=45679

Last edited:

hogtownhabsfan*

if he ever fights a guy like looch, he's gonna get his face rearranged

Lucic is overrated as a fighter, he's a heavyweight, but he's in noones top 10 (not a super heavyweight). He's known for going after guys that are either at the end of their shifts, or smaller than him. When he goes toe to toe with someone his size, it's usually a pretty even fight. He doesn't have a reach advantage against Tinordi that he usually has.

That said, I hope Tinordi has another offseason of weight gain under his belt before fighting Lucic.

By next year, Tinordi could be in the 240lbs range at 6'6"-6'7". I think he could more than handle his own against a heavyweight like Lucic by then.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Lucic is overrated as a fighter, he's a heavyweight, but he's in noones top 10 (not a super heavyweight). He's known for going after guys that are either at the end of their shifts, or smaller than him. When he goes toe to toe with someone his size, it's usually a pretty even fight. He doesn't have a reach advantage against Tinordi that he usually has.

That said, I hope Tinordi has another offseason of weight gain under his belt before fighting Lucic.

By next year, Tinordi could be in the 240lbs range at 6'6"-6'7". I think he could more than handle his own against a heavyweight like Lucic by then.

He'll beat Lucic and Bruins fans will whine about how Tinordi has more reach than him.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I was one for sending him back to Hamilton and having him dominate for another season down there but I changed my mind because it has become so blatantly evident that he is pretty much indispensable to our defense seeing how soft and undersized we are we are. Guys are crashing Price's net left and right, going after PK...we need him there I don't care how many growing mistakes he does.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
The Habs board: where you have multiple threads dedicated to 1st-round picks/prospects in which the main point of discussion is whether or not they can fight Lucic :facepalm:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Can you please clarify then, who do you think in today's NHL could take on bob probert?

Guys in modern area are bigger, stronger and more in shape. Probert is the best enforcer of all time but plenty of guys in modern area would have been able to beat him.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Guys in modern area are bigger, stronger and more in shape. Probert is the best enforcer of all time but plenty of guys in modern area would have been able to beat him.

Like who, because I can't think of anyone of the top of my head.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Not many that's for sure. Only player I can think of is maybe Chara because of his sheer size and strength.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Like who, because I can't think of anyone of the top of my head.

Mcgrattan
MacIntyre
Orr
Scott
Bordeleau
Peluso
etc

Probert wasn't invincible. All those guys would have a legit chance to win a fight again Probert. Even the best lose some fights

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Can you please clarify then, who do you think in today's NHL could take on bob probert?

Wasn't so much the Probert comment, I think that Probert was the King, but there are plenty of guys that fought him and did well... Guys like Langdon, Domi, Ewen, Laraque, Brashear, etc... Today's NHL isn't nearly as tough but Orr would have a puncher's chance as he has very heavy hands, Lucic would give him a handful with that reach and strength, and the massive guys would probably lock him out and not bother making much of a fight.

But Tinordi, although a great fighter and a guy I admire greatly, took losses to guys like Darren McCarty, John Kordic gave it to him prety good as he had double vision for days after the fight, and he always seemed to have trouble with smaller guys as Kelly Chase, Shayne Corson and Kris King got him a couple of times.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I've always said that if j. tinordi had half the mean streak that his dad did, he would be a nasty piece of business. Also, m. tinrodi was a pretty darn good d-man. His career got cut short because of a terrible injury, but he could play too.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
You guys saying that he'll beat Lucic are either homers or don't watch much with regards to hockey fights. If you watch Tinordi, he's not nearly as comfortable with the gloves off... Lucic never really leaves himself in a bad spot, and he's proven he can take shots and keep coming.. Watch Tinordi's fights, he's got poor balance, and he's shown throughout his Junior and AHL career he's got a bit of a glass jaw. Beating up Carter Ashton doesn't make him a heavyweight threat...

Lucic has done it with the big boys, he's taken on some top heavies in this league and has never looked out of place. Tinordi wouldn't have showed nearly as well against a guy like Joel Rechlitz. Lucic gave him all he could handle.

I understand you want to see Lucic beat, but Tinordi isn't going to be the one to do it, and if he tries him, I'm nervous it will end similar to Komisarek.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00