Jarred Tinordi

• Thread starter hogtownhabsfan*
  • Start date

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Wasn't so much the Probert comment, I think that Probert was the King, but there are plenty of guys that fought him and did well... Guys like Langdon, Domi, Ewen, Laraque, Brashear, etc... Today's NHL isn't nearly as tough but Orr would have a puncher's chance as he has very heavy hands, Lucic would give him a handful with that reach and strength, and the massive guys would probably lock him out and not bother making much of a fight.

But Tinordi, although a great fighter and a guy I admire greatly, took losses to guys like Darren McCarty, John Kordic gave it to him prety good as he had double vision for days after the fight, and he always seemed to have trouble with smaller guys as Kelly Chase, Shayne Corson and Kris King got him a couple of times.

I'm not disagreeing with tinordi I was ASKING For him to be half of what his father was which would be more than enough to make him one of the toughst fighter in the nhl.

Sure other heavyweights of the day could stand with probert but we will agree to disagree, the people who could stand with probert could stand with anyone in today's nhl and win. Sure lucic could fight him and stand but he wouldn't ko him he couldn't beat Orr and yes probert can easily deal with guys like Orr and lucic.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Mcgrattan no
MacIntyre No
Orr (could barely handle an old parros let alone probert) no
Scott (could hold his own)
Bordeleau no
Peluso No
etc

Probert wasn't invincible. All those guys would have a legit chance to win a fight again Probert. Even the best lose some fights

Seriously has anyone watched probert?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM

I've got hours of Probert footage. There are basically two Probert's though, the one in his prime in Detroit, and the lesser guy in Chicago... The one in Chicago was still dangerous, but he wasn't the killer that he was in Detroit.

Also the getting out of the jersey trick that he used throughout his career, wouldn't be viable in today's NHL.

Again, he's my favorite all time fighter, but he wasn't above taking losses, like everyone else.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Mcgrattan
MacIntyre
Orr
Scott
Bordeleau
Peluso
etc

Probert wasn't invincible. All those guys would have a legit chance to win a fight again Probert. Even the best lose some fights
Only guy on that list I would give a shot is Scott.

hogtownhabsfan*

Only guy on that list I would give a shot is Scott.

McGratten is the #1 fighter in the league right now, MacIntyre maybe, but he barely counts as an NHLer.

Scott has unreal size, a legit 6'8" 260lbs, but I'd take McGratten and Macintyre over him in a fight. They are the top 3 though.

Halifaxhab*

So......uhhhhh'mmmmmm. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to how he does against a physical team with good speed like Philly on sat night.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tinordi's number one attribute is his ability to play hockey. The added perk is that he will become a feared fighter in the coming years.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

McGrattan and Macintyre > Scott

do you know what all these guys have in commun? Odelein, Domi, Brashear, Laus, Shelley, Worrel, Low, Odgers, Mackenzie, Belanger, Morisette, McCarthy, Langdon, Twist, Berube, Grimson, Ewen, Semenko, Miller, Brown, Crowder and Clark

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
So......uhhhhh'mmmmmm. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to how he does against a physical team with good speed like Philly on sat night.

He looks a lot faster and more comfy on his skates than last year also more balanced when hitting and such. Hopefully he doesn't make too many mistakes and keeps it simple he shouldn't have a problem vs a team like Philly.

The teams I worry about for tinordi are really fast teams where a mistake will cost dearly, speed improved but he's a big guy and not exactly the fastest.

Halifaxhab*

He looks a lot faster and more comfy on his skates than last year also more balanced when hitting and such. Hopefully he doesn't make too many mistakes and keeps it simple he shouldn't have a problem vs a team like Philly.

The teams I worry about for tinordi are really fast teams where a mistake will cost dearly, speed improved but he's a big guy and not exactly the fastest.

Philly has a good mix of both types, and is a goog measuring stick game for his style. But Detroit is a true test for how he fares against a fast, relentless forecheck, which will test his speed and decision making.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Between our two stud defensemen prospects Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu. I consider Tinordi to have more upside. Tinordi will never beat Beaulieu in speed but Tinordi's defensive awareness and phyiscal attribute are very good. Tinordi will make us forget Ryan Mcdonagh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->