Jarred Tinordi

• Thread starter hogtownhabsfan*
  • Start date

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
He is ready to play more than 14 minutes a night tho. He would look better next to Markov then Diaz right now. He needs top 4 minutes and let him make mistakes and learn. Montreals development of players in the AHL and NHL level is one of the worst in the NHL. It seems they can get them to show but the progression always seems to stall once they are there.

I disagree. Our player development seems just fine now tha MB has taken over. Tinordi can't play 20+ minutes just yet but I am confident he will get there by the end of the season. The improvment he made to his game is really impressive.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Stop bringing up McDonagh...makes me hate that trade even more. :rant:

As for Tinordi... dude is good and he's just gonna get better. Exactly the type of defenseman we need from this point forward. Sadly, we all know when our injured D are healthy that Therrien will sit him, no matter how ****** Boullion plays.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I disagree. Our player development seems just fine now tha MB has taken over. Tinordi can't play 20+ minutes just yet but I am confident he will get there by the end of the season. The improvment he made to his game is really impressive.

We will see. There is very little data to run under MB's reign. Its way too soon to see if any page has been turned on player development at the NHL level under MB.

Galchenyuk becoming a star and a force will be the confirmation that i need. I love Patches but i want to see for once a forward develop into a legit star not just a good player. Montreal seems to be able to develop good players but simply never great

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
We will see. There is very little data to run under MB's reign. Its way too soon to see if any page has been turned on player development at the NHL level under MB.

Galchenyuk becoming a star and a force will be the confirmation that i need. I love Patches but i want to see for once a forward develop into a legit star not just a good player. Montreal seems to be able to develop good players but simply never great

I for one believe that the way Subban's contract was handled contributed to raise his game to another level.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He'll easily be better than Komisarek in his prime and I think a lot of people forget that Komisarek was legitimately good (and not JUST because of Markov).

I'm surprised at how mean he's looking and how well he's fighting. Thought it would take him awhile to get to that point. He's going to be huge for us in the future.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Tinordi.

Finally a Habs dman to really like (except Markov).

I'm actually jealous.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
He'll easily be better than Komisarek in his prime and I think a lot of people forget that Komisarek was legitimately good (and not JUST because of Markov).

I'm surprised at how mean he's looking and how well he's fighting. Thought it would take him awhile to get to that point. He's going to be huge for us in the future.

Tinordi has a WHOLE other level of nastiness, fighting skill and leadership that Komisarek didn't have. He's already 6'6 230 at 21. If the kid can develop as he has been and finds a bit of an offensive game, he might become pronger light. Before you all overreact i said 'light' lol

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Tinordi has a WHOLE other level of nastiness, fighting skill and leadership that Komisarek didn't have. He's already 6'6 230 at 21. If the kid can develop as he has been and finds a bit of an offensive game, he might become pronger light. Before you all overreact i said 'light' lol

Lucic stole Komisarek mojo. Before that he was the team leader and from game to game one of the better player on the ice.

I remember that 5-0 comeback against the Rangers, it all started with him getting in a fight with Dubinsky.

Komisarek downfall have been quick but before that he was a really good, top 4 dman, with the same kind of edge we see in Tinordi today.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
we still must be careful with Tinordi. He is still young he still needs to fill out and get to that important 24-25 years old before he reaches his peak.
I don't want him to go with guys like Lucic right yet.
it's not that I am so scared to Lucic but it would not be a fair fight.
Lucic is in his prime and yes he is one of the leagues best fighters.
After all would it be right if Tinordi hits 25 and a full 250lbs and becomes the leagues top fighter and then takes on a Boston 20 year old rookie and beats the pulp out of him.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Oh comon!!!

Dude fought freackin Carter Ashton!!??? When Komisarek came into the league he took on Brashear, André Roy and Boulton. Tinordi has ways to go before being THE big punishing defensmen of the NHL.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
we still must be careful with Tinordi. He is still young he still needs to fill out and get to that important 24-25 years old before he reaches his peak.
I don't want him to go with guys like Lucic right yet.
it's not that I am so scared to Lucic but it would not be a fair fight.
Lucic is in his prime and yes he is one of the leagues best fighters.
After all would it be right if Tinordi hits 25 and a full 250lbs and becomes the leagues top fighter and then takes on a Boston 20 year old rookie and beats the pulp out of him.

Well said. I think Tinordi should pick his spots with his fights and I have absolutely no problem with that.

In the return game against the Leafs if Orr or McLaren come looking for him he should NOT drop the gloves with those guys...and if he does he should fight very defensively imo. He should focus on being a rugged D first and rarely drop the gloves imo...hey, the Bruins pull that crap all the time and fight on their own terms when they see fit...Tinordi should learn to do the same.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Lucic stole Komisarek mojo. Before that he was the team leader and from game to game one of the better player on the ice.

I remember that 5-0 comeback against the Rangers, it all started with him getting in a fight with Dubinsky.

Komisarek downfall have been quick but before that he was a really good, top 4 dman, with the same kind of edge we see in Tinordi today.

The ironic part is, in the physical game Komisarek dominated Lucic like a bad stepchild. He would abuse him in the corners and take him off his game.

Obviously MK didn't have the same skill at fighting as in the physical game.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Wonder how Tinordi would fair vs Lucid? Almost want him to stay away from that one. Also, let's hope he doesn't fight every goon either cause his play on the ice is valuable.

Pick you spot Tinordi.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
The ironic part is, in the physical game Komisarek dominated Lucic like a bad stepchild. He would abuse him in the corners and take him off his game.

Obviously MK didn't have the same skill at fighting as in the physical game.

Komisarek used to drive Lucic crazy with those low hits at the blue line...Lucic was chasing him every game to drop them...part of me felt sorry for Komo because he had very little support out there so when he finally took it upon himself to fight it became apparent to him that he was VERY alone out there. So I think that's why he left in the end, because Burke was supposed to be building a rough and tumble team in Toronto - at least that was the philosophy going in hehe.

Worst thing Komo did was drop the gloves...the habs just don't get the game of intimidation...we spend our time retaliating...even with Parros we didn't do it right. Orr did it to a tee...he went after Pacioretty and then Subban...while Parros was playing come to the rescue...the intimidation game is most effective when you go after guys that don't want any part of it...habs just don't get it. I'm too young to remember guys like Ferguson, but I think he did more instigating than retaliating - but maybe some of the other posters more in the know can confirm or refute that.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Tinordi isn't ready yet to be playing 20+ minutes every night, but MT needs to start at least pairing him with Diaz and dipping his toes into the Top 4; leave Markov/Bouillon for 3rd pairing and Markov for 1st PP duties...and for Christ sakes, at least try Tinordi/Subban on the PK!

Lionel Mandrake

Ashton broken nose and Gleason is concussed since his fight with Tinordi.

And he is only 21 years old. We have a beast in our hands. :)

Sorry but these kind of posts make me sick. This is me hoping you're just a kid otherwise that is seriously ****** up.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006

As much as some people seem to love to hate on Komi, I wholeheartedly agree with you. He truely was really good.

I was also impressed with Tinordi. Great game and it's so cool to have him on the team! What a stud...

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Tinordi's presence is going to be huge for us down the road. Most importantly, he's looking confident with the puck. He doesn't shy away from carrying it in order to get out of the zone, something Komisarek couldn't do at all. Looks like the coaches did some good work with Tinordi in Hamilton. The kid looks ready.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sorry but these kind of posts make me sick. This is me hoping you're just a kid otherwise that is seriously ****** up.

Calm down, bro. I just said that to proove that Tinordi isn't that bad at fighting and he's getting better. Hope Gleason will come back soon though, because he's a good guy.

But for now, calm down, bro.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wonder how Tinordi would fair vs Lucid? Almost want him to stay away from that one. Also, let's hope he doesn't fight every goon either cause his play on the ice is valuable.

Pick you spot Tinordi.

Probably lose bad. Tinordi has very little career fights. He improved leaps and bounds from a couple years ago so who knows who good he'll be after a few more seasons of experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad