Jarred Tinordi

• Thread starter hogtownhabsfan*
  • Start date

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
:laugh: Semantics now eh? I wont even bother with this nonsense.

Of course you won't bother, you know exactly what happened here. Gleason never beat up Lucic, therefore your whole argument saying Tinordi is already a heavyweight is flawed.

Also, there's huge difference between beating someone up and what happened in the video. Asham knocked Beagle, Tinordi beat up Ashton, Gleason didn't fall first on the ice vs Lucic. It's also worth noting that Gleason was 25 years old and Lucic was 20 at the time of the fight.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
As much as some people seem to love to hate on Komi, I wholeheartedly agree with you. He truely was really good.

I was also impressed with Tinordi. Great game and it's so cool to have him on the team! What a stud...

I really liked Komi, and O'byrne, and now Tinordi, they're similar players in style, let's just hope Tinordi succeeds where the other failed...

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Of course you won't bother, you know exactly what happened here. Gleason never beat up Lucic, therefore your whole argument saying Tinordi is already a heavyweight is flawed.

Also, there's huge difference between beating someone up and what happened in the video. Asham knocked Beagle, Tinordi beat up Ashton, Gleason didn't fall first on the ice vs Lucic. It's also worth noting that Gleason was 25 years old and Lucic was 20 at the time of the fight.

Dude, Gleason won the fight by beating Lucic better than Lucic beat him. Obviously, our understanding of beat up are different in this context, and that is fine, it is semantics. Stop with your nonsense.

And :laugh: Tinordi isnt a heavyweight? What is he? A lighter-weight? I also dont recall suggesting that Lucic and Gleason were the same age during that fight, as for its relevance I dont know. Especially when you leave out the fact that Lucic is MUCH bigger than Gleason, as Tinordi is as well.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Lucic is hardly overrated as a guy who can fight - he can fight (and beat) any heavyweight in today's NHL. He's comfortable with the mitts off, throws power shots, and can switch hands. He's a modern day Clark Gillies.

Tinordi isn't anywhere near him fight wise. Christ he couldn't beat Chris Phillips last year! Chris Phillips!!! Yes he's improved recently but he's a very long way from fighting elite heavyweights...

Matteus

May 11, 2009
I dont want him to make an habit out of it. If he builds the reputation of a fighter, he'll get jumped one of these days by a neanderthal like Scott and get injured.

In total agreement.
I won't worry as much when he's 25 or 26 and has had the time to grow into his body.
But until then, I'd like to see him play physical and avoid the macho mind games that Ryan White falls for every time.
Fight to defend yourself or defend a teammate but otherwise, protect the goalie, play hard and keep your mind on the game.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Dude, Gleason won the fight by beating Lucic better than Lucic beat him. Obviously, our understanding of beat up are different in this context, and that is fine, it is semantics. Stop with your nonsense.

And :laugh: Tinordi isnt a heavyweight? What is he? A lighter-weight? I also dont recall suggesting that Lucic and Gleason were the same age during that fight, as for its relevance I dont know. Especially when you leave out the fact that Lucic is MUCH bigger than Gleason, as Tinordi is as well.

He's totally in the same category of fighters as John Scott, Parros, Orr, Rosehill and Thornton. Totally.

Matteus

May 11, 2009
I dont want him to make an habit out of it. If he builds the reputation of a fighter, he'll get jumped one of these days by a neanderthal like Scott and get injured.

In total agreement.
I won't worry as much when he's 25 or 26 and has had the time to grow into his body.
But until then, I'd like to see him play physical and avoid the macho mind games that Ryan White falls for every time.
Fight to defend yourself or defend a teammate but otherwise, protect the goalie, play hard and keep your mind on the game.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Uhhh..What?

like I said, it's not like boxing. Saying heavyweight in hockey fight world is only a expression. Domi was a heavyweight even if he was small because he fighted the biggest mofo. I will call Tinordi a heavyweight when he will fight other heavy. It work like that on hockeyfight site

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
like I said, it's not like boxing. Saying heavyweight in hockey fight world is only a expression. Domi was a heavyweight even if he was small because he fighted the biggest mofo. I will call Tinordi a heavyweight when he will fight other heavy. It work like that on hockeyfight site

Prove it. Domi was undersized but weighed nearly 220 pounds. Tinordi is a heavyweight fighter under every definition of the word.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Unfortunately, I dont think so. :laugh:

Yes, it was sarcasm. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be having a debate.

Man, I don't understand you.

And bud12 did a perfect job of explaining what I was saying.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
go on hockeyfights.com and find it yourself. You can also watch dropyourgloves.com

do you know Brett Gallant? http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Players/Player.aspx?Player=18856

middleweight size but he only fights heavyweight and do very well so they call him a light-heavy. The same for Stock.

We have already agreed that tough and well-built average sized can be considered heavyweight fighters. Problem is, Tinordi is a 6 foot 5, 227 pounds fighter. Are you telling me that once he finally gets the chance to fight a heavy-weight opponent in the NHL you will consider him a heavy-weight fighter? :help:

He fought a few heavyweights in Junior and the minors, he is a heavyweight dude.

EDIT: By the way, check this out from DropYourGloves: Many people rate weight class on the basis of skills rather than size. We will rate fighting skills separately. For this reason, it is recommended to rate players here on the basis of their weight only.

According to the website, Tinordi would be a Heavyweight fighter.

hogtownhabsfan*

This discussion is ridiculous, but I'll add my $0.02.

There are heavyweights and then there are super heavyweights (based on sheer size), and there are guys who fight as heavyweights and super heavyweights.

Guys can fight out of their weight class, as we see Prust, a middleweight (in and around 200lbs) fighting heavy's regularly.

Heavyweights are the guys in and around 220lbs or so range, guys like Chris Neil...

Then you have your super heavyweight/goon range. Guys 225+ lbs, or guys who are there to fight those guys. Guys like Scott, Orr, Chara, McLaren, Parros, McGratten, Bordeleau...

I don't expect Tinordi to ever be a super heavyweight type fighter, a guy who can fight the top 10 type fighters in the game and win, but I think he'll be able to fight the heavy's of the world, and hang with the super heavy's on occasion due to his potential super heavyweight size.

Tinordi I view as a guy who will have Super Heavyweight size, but will fight mostly Heavyweights, like a Milan Lucic, since there isn't much to be gained by fighting the super heavyweights since he's too good a hockey player, and most super heavyweights are bum goons...

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
This discussion is ridiculous, but I'll add my $0.02.

There are heavyweights and then there are super heavyweights, and there are guys who fight as heavyweights and super heavyweights.

Guys can fight out of their weight class, as we see Prust, a middleweight in and around 200lbs fighting heavy's regularly.

Heavyweights are the guys in and around 220lbs or so range, guys like Chris Neil...

Then you have your super heavyweight/goon range. Guys 225+ lbs, or guys who are there to fight those guys. Guys like Scott, Orr, Chara, McLaren, Parros, McGratten, Bordeleau...

I don't expect Tinordi to ever be a super heavyweight type fighter, a guy who can fight the top 10 type fighters in the game and win, but I think he'll be able to fight the heavy's of the world, and hang with the super heavy's on occasion due to his potential super heavyweight size.

This should end the indeed ridiculous discussion. I really dont know how people actually felt the need to argue the obvious. Anyways, good post dude.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
This should end the indeed ridiculous discussion. I really dont know how people actually felt the need to argue the obvious. Anyways, good post dude.

So Hal Gill and Tyler Myers are heavyweight fighters?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad