Jarred Tinordi

• Thread starter hogtownhabsfan*
  • Start date

Lionel Mandrake

Calm down, bro. I just said that to proove that Tinordi isn't that bad at fighting and he's getting better. Hope Gleason will come back soon though, because he's a good guy.

But for now, calm down, bro.

Well sorry for the aggressive tone but the fact this board seems to have turned into a giant love fest for anything face punching related over the last few months is seriously starting to become annoying. Yes I know the drill, I can go find an other place if I don't like it. Got it. Still, what is it with Hab fans and what looks like a serious case of inferiority complex? Does the fact you cheer for a team lacking toughness affect your manhood or something?

I'm not even against fighting in general, though I hate stage fighting and useless goons, but the blood thirst is becoming, as I said, ****** up. This is not just about your post. It's a clear tendancy on this board.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He beat up Carter Ashton, son of "Spent" Brent who was also a punching bag. He looked good doing it but he isn't here to be an enforcer.

I think the world of this kid but he shouldn't be fighting anymore than 6-7 times a year, and certainly not against the Orr's of the league, or Lucic... Lucic is a killer. Play a hard hitting physical game and take the scraps that come out of that... He still needs to bulk up a bit, but he's going to be a force on the blueline for a long time. If he's half as good as his old man I'll be happy.

Halifaxhab*

Tinordi is still a rookie so he's trying to prove himself. He is a solid fighter, but what has impressed me is his calm with the puck in his zone. He tends to make the safe play most of the time (as I said he's a rookie so he does make mistakes) and he's getting better. He does a good job holding the offensive zone and plays a physical game.

I feel he's earned a full time top 6 NHL spot. If anything, he's forced MB'S hand to make room once everyone is healthy. I see either Murray or Diaz being moved.

hogtownhabsfan*

He's not ready to fight the heavy's of the league.... yet.

But once he fills out to about 240lbs or so, look out.

But he shouldn't be the teams heavyweight, he's too good at hockey, and that's a tradeoff any opposing coach would make. If he can become a Lucic type of enforcer, that would awesome.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He is ready to play more than 14 minutes a night tho. He would look better next to Markov then Diaz right now. He needs top 4 minutes and let him make mistakes and learn. Montreals development of players in the AHL and NHL level is one of the worst in the NHL. It seems they can get them to show but the progression always seems to stall once they are there.

Umm...Not sure if serious...Subban, Price, MaxPax, Eller, DD(no matter how bad he has been lately), Tinordi, Gallagher, A.Gally, Plekanec.

Montreal is actually one of the better teams in the NHL at drafting AND developing players. You are way off here.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Umm...Not sure if serious...Subban, Price, MaxPax, Eller, DD(no matter how bad he has been lately), Tinordi, Gallagher, A.Gally, Plekanec.

Montreal is actually one of the better teams in the NHL at drafting AND developing players. You are way off here.

Like i said, before its about getting players to the next level. They make the NHL but dont rise past say second line status or regular bottom.

Subban and to a lesser extent Pacioretty are the only ones who have raised past the "good" level.

Both Gallys have 40+ games under there belt. Tinordi in the same boat. To say Montreal has developed them is laughable. We dont know where they end up. If Tinordi ends up a 5th defenseman its a fail. If Galchenyuk becomes a run of the mill, second liner, its a fail. They may not but to put them part of Montreal development successes is crazy.

Price would be an example of Montreal actually lacking at development. Still showing promise but not hitting consistent star level play.

Eller is still again just showed last year his first glimpses of even reaching his potential. We dont know. We hope his offense continues into 2nd line player.

So basically you given Pleks at about 10 years ago, Patches and Subban. The rest are still question marks of actually reaching their potential. So by your list of examples, absolutely terrible.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He beat up Carter Ashton, son of "Spent" Brent who was also a punching bag. He looked good doing it but he isn't here to be an enforcer.

I think the world of this kid but he shouldn't be fighting anymore than 6-7 times a year, and certainly not against the Orr's of the league, or Lucic... Lucic is a killer. Play a hard hitting physical game and take the scraps that come out of that... He still needs to bulk up a bit, but he's going to be a force on the blueline for a long time. If he's half as good as his old man I'll be happy.

To be fair, he beat up and concussed a man who once beat up Lucic in Gleason.

Tinordi has developed into a good heavyweight fighter. He needs to continue to ease into this obviously, but I would not be surprised if he held his own against Lucic. Lucic is a good fighter, but overrated by some of you.

Tinordi has a good technique, he uses his left arm to take a few solid jabs, then quickly step into his opponent with furious rights, with his size, that is tough to beat. He needs to deliver more powerful punches though, but that comes with greater strength.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Tinordi has developed into a good heavyweight fighter. He needs to continue to ease into this obviously, but I would not be surprised if he held his own against Lucic. Lucic is a good fighter, but overrated by some of you.

Tinordi has a good technique, he uses his left arm to take a few solid jabs, then quickly step into his opponent with furious rights, with his size, that is tough to beat. He needs to deliver more powerful punches though, but that comes with greater strength.

Never happened.

SAKS AVENUE

Oct 12, 2008

Tin mans technique has changed recently. The way you explained it sounds like parros schooling has influenced the young man.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Like i said, before its about getting players to the next level. They make the NHL but dont rise past say second line status or regular bottom.

Subban and to a lesser extent Pacioretty are the only ones who have raised past the "good" level.

Both Gallys have 40+ games under there belt. Tinordi in the same boat. To say Montreal has developed them is laughable. We dont know where they end up. If Tinordi ends up a 5th defenseman its a fail. If Galchenyuk becomes a run of the mill, second liner, its a fail. They may not but to put them part of Montreal development successes is crazy.

Price would be an example of Montreal actually lacking at development. Still showing promise but not hitting consistent star level play.

Eller is still again just showed last year his first glimpses of even reaching his potential. We dont know. We hope his offense continues into 2nd line player.

So basically you given Pleks at about 10 years ago, Patches and Subban. The rest are still question marks of actually reaching their potential. So by your list of examples, absolutely terrible.

There is a difference between your expectations as a fan, and the expectations of the scouts and the team, the professionals.

Of the players I mentioned, Subban, Max, DD, Plekanec, and (already) Gallagher and A.Gally have exceeded the expectations of scouts.

This means the team drafted well and developed them well. Subban was supposed to be a one-dimensional MAYBE top 4 D at best, Max was considered a top-6 player, but he was not expected to be the goal-scorer that he now is. Plekanec was considered a third-line center at best, and DD and Gallagher (even with the small sample size is a legit top-6 player) were long shots to make the NHL.

Galchenyuk surprised many with his play in the NHL last year, he was not at all expected to play in the NHL, yet he stayed on the team and steadily improved as the season went on. Tinordi has played very little games so far obviously, but he received good coaching last year in Hamilton, and quite frankly has been recieving good coaching over in Montreal too. Like Subban, the Habs did well for his development and confidence by calling him up for the playoffs and protecting his ice-time.

Eller was considered a top-6 center at the draft so his play is not surprising scouts, Price hasnt been as dominant as scouts expected yet, but still at a young age, he is considered one of the best goalies in the NHL by the players and the league (top 5ish , TSN rankings prove this). The team has certainly not hurt their development.

You only need to look at our team and the many players developed by us but playing well on other teams to learn that this team develops players well. What this team needed improvement upon in regards to development had little to do with their play on the ice, but their character on and off the ice, that is what Bergevin and his team seem to be doing well.

Anyways, back to the topic, Tinordi is great!

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Guys lets stop talking about McDonough plzzzzzzzz!!! I'm still trying to forget about it I still cry myself to sleep. Love tinordi though he's the bigger, better, stronger version of komisarek.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Tin mans technique has changed recently. The way you explained it sounds like parros schooling has influenced the young man.

I was thinking that he probably learned a lot from his father and Prust, but it is certainly possible that Parros taught him a few things.

I also hope that Tinordis great improvement in fighting will warn others to stop with the nonsensical belief that Big Mac is sure to be a poor fighter because he isnt dominating fights in London.

I would not be surprised if Big Mac became just as good of a fighter as Tinordi or even better. Big Mac seems to be a better fighter than Tinordi at the same age and loves fighting a lot more than Tinordi does. What he may not have over Tinordi is intelligence, Tinordi is a smart kid, and that helps him with his technique.

My point is, do not assume that Big Mac wont improve as a fighter, if Tinordi can improve, surely so can Big Mac.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Guys maybe parros or Prust taught him a thing or two but he's been fighting like this before he had 1 practice with the Habs, even before prusty and parros were on this team trust me his fighting style has not change much over the last 3 years. He probably learned a lot from his dad because he fights exactly like his pops.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
There is a difference between your expectations as a fan, and the expectations of the scouts and the team, the professionals.

Of the players I mentioned, Subban, Max, DD, Plekanec, and (already) Gallagher and A.Gally have exceeded the expectations of scouts.

This means the team drafted well and developed them well. Subban was supposed to be a one-dimensional MAYBE top 4 D at best, Max was considered a top-6 player, but he was not expected to be the goal-scorer that he now is. Plekanec was considered a third-line center at best, and DD and Gallagher (even with the small sample size is a legit top-6 player) were long shots to make the NHL.

Galchenyuk surprised many with his play in the NHL last year, he was not at all expected to play in the NHL, yet he stayed on the team and steadily improved as the season went on. Tinordi has played very little games so far obviously, but he received good coaching last year in Hamilton, and quite frankly has been recieving good coaching over in Montreal too. Like Subban, the Habs did well for his development and confidence by calling him up for the playoffs and protecting his ice-time.

Eller was considered a top-6 center at the draft so his play is not surprising scouts, Price hasnt been as dominant as scouts expected yet, but still at a young age, he is considered one of the best goalies in the NHL by the players and the league (top 5ish , TSN rankings prove this). The team has certainly not hurt their development.

You only need to look at our team and the many players developed by us but playing well on other teams to learn that this team develops players well. What this team needed improvement upon in regards to development had little to do with their play on the ice, but their character on and off the ice, that is what Bergevin and his team seem to be doing well.

Anyways, back to the topic, Tinordi is great!

If Montreal was constantly good at developing talent, we wouldnt continually be changing coaches and rebuilding. They are average at best at it.

its funny how you bring up fan expectations and somehow you believe Price and even more laughable Galchenyuk who the franchise sees as a future PPG player and say they have lived up to expectations. You dont know this yet even so its ignorant to believe its some fore gone conclusion they will. That is pretty much the epitome of fan expectation here on HFboards. You just shown it. The belief that the next up in comer will meet expectations.

So far its Subban and Pacioretty and many moons ago Markov and Plekanec. More often then not its the Higgins, Komisareks, and Theodores who have a few good years, plateau. Getting players to a level then dropping means something is failing in development.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Guys maybe parros or Prust taught him a thing or two but he's been fighting like this before he had 1 practice with the Habs, even before prusty and parros were on this team trust me his fighting style has not change much over the last 3 years. He probably learned a lot from his dad because he fights exactly like his pops.

Pretty much. Same technique. Can't be a bad thing! ;)

Gyfu

May 16, 2011

the key here is actually his strength, last year he was a teen now he's become a man and a freakin' huge one

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
A pair of Tinordi - Subban will dominate the league in the near future.

Book it.

The kid is huge, is fast, is physical, is agile, can drop 'em, makes good passes, can skate the puck out of the zone, he's got all the tools a 25 + mins defenseman needs to have. Now he's stil raw and will probably run out of stamina at some point this season, but potentila is there, and the future of the Habs looks shiny.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010

If Montreal was constantly good at developing talent, we wouldnt continually be changing coaches and rebuilding. They are average at best at it.

its funny how you bring up fan expectations and somehow you believe Price and even more laughable Galchenyuk who the franchise sees as a future PPG player and say they have lived up to expectations. You dont know this yet even so its ignorant to believe its some fore gone conclusion they will. That is pretty much the epitome of fan expectation here on HFboards. You just shown it. The belief that the next up in comer will meet expectations.

So far its Subban and Pacioretty and many moons ago Markov and Plekanec. More often then not its the Higgins, Komisareks, and Theodores who have a few good years, plateau. Getting players to a level then dropping means something is failing in development.

:laugh: Constantly rebuilding? When was the last time this team rebuilt itself besides the semi-rebuilt of last year? Regardless, it says a lot about your point when you result to (terrible) secondary arguments to support your belief. You said the Canadiens are terrible at developing players, give me examples dude, not some nonsense about the firing of coaches, which I wont bother getting into because of just how aful of an argument it is. Coaches usually last three years on a team dude, for them to last anymore than that is usually because the team has several elite players and,or that the coach is an elite coach, which usually make the team elite.

I never said that Price lived up to expectations. What I said was, the team has not failed to develop him well, big difference. Price is considered a top 5 goalie by players, coaches and GMs, and most believe that he will get better, he is still young, how has the team failed to develop him? Failure is what Columbus did with Mason, and they didnt have anywhere near the pressure Montreal has with Price.

As for Galchenyuk, yeah, at this moment, he is succeeding the expectations of the team and scouts. The team and NHL scouts expect a PPG player out of him no doubt, but very few people expected him to stick to the NHL last year and play as well as he did. That means that he is ahead of what most expected from him at this age, meaning, he could become a PPG player faster than what most expected. The team has surrounded him with good role models, and strategically made Gallagher his roommate on the road as well as his line-mate for several games last year, that clearly helped both players. He is being developed well.

As for Higgins, Komi, and Theo, :laugh:, do you know what development is? If anything, you are proving my point. Do you know that of the three, the only player who didnt exceed expectations was Komi? Komi was drafted as a high-end physical defensemen, and that is exactly what he was for this team. Higgins however, was projected to be a top 9 forward at best, yet, he a few enjoyed top-6 caliber seasons on this team. Theodore was not expected to develop into a vezina and hart trophy winner, be he became just that and enjoyed few other great seasons. His later failures had nothing to do with bad development, but his own faults, nothing else.

The team isnt perfect, I think it failed to develop Lattendresse, Weber, Obyrne, and Dagostini well for example. Not that these guys were supposed to be superstars, but the team failed to better place them in positions of success in my opinion. Nevertheless, the positives far away the negatives. This team has done a very good job developing players. Over the last ten years, only A. Kost, Price, and A.Gally have been projected as elite players.

Andrei failed obviously, but the team is not to be blamed for here, the man just didnt have the smarts and drive. Price is an elite goaltender, despite the fact that he isnt yet where the team expect him to be, and Galchenyuk seems to be well on his way to become an elite player in in the near future.

So yeah, you are wrong.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad