Jarred Tinordi

• Thread starter hogtownhabsfan*
  • Start date

hogtownhabsfan*

Watching the Leafs game, and seeing Carter Ashton wearing the bird cage reminded me of the Tinordi fight that kind of got lost what with the Parros injury a few seconds later. Ashton probably has a broken nose.

He also fared great against Tim Gleason, and looks like he could be a really tough player for us. Add to that his mobility and "long stick", he has a chance to be a pretty unique player.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Fortunately hes shown he has the mean streak to be the type of player we need him to be. On the other hand, he has a good IQ and seems like a guy who wont take selfish penalties.

In addition he can skate, hit, fight and has good stick skills for a stay at home type.

I hope that when he reaches his prime he's a guy other teams have to plan around like Chara or Pronger (obviously with way less offence). We need a mean, shutdown Dman.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Ashton broken nose and Gleason is concussed since his fight with Tinordi.

And he is only 21 years old. We have a beast in our hands. :)

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Ashton is your typical Leafs who can't take a beating, i don't care much about Tinordi beating him but Gleason that's impressive. I hope he gets well soon though.

PricePkPatch*

Ashton broken nose and Gleason is concussed since his fight with Tinordi.

And he is only 21 years old. We have a beast in our hands. :)

I dont want him to make an habit out of it. If he builds the reputation of a fighter, he'll get jumped one of these days by a neanderthal like Scott and get injured.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tinordi will become feared very soon. He seems to be a chip off the old block. Only 21. Future looks bright

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I've been really, really impressed so far. Hopefully he could be the guy that makes me forget they traded McDonagh.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Will never happen.

Many Hab GM have made bad trades and we can argue which trade is the worst ever. I believe that the Gomez trade was the worst ever by a Hab GM because Sather was begging to get rid of that stupid contract so he could sign Gaborik. Sather would have traded Gomez for a bucket of pucks and a Howie Meeker poster....but here comes Laurel and Hardy (Gainey and Gauthier) to save the day and give away a great D prospect for nothing, it did not have to happen.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I dont want him to make an habit out of it. If he builds the reputation of a fighter, he'll get jumped one of these days by a neanderthal like Scott and get injured.

This. Tinordi never really impressed me with his pugilistic antics but gaining some weight did him good in that department. I'd rather see him take the body, play a physical game and picking his fights rather than go toe to toe against goons on a regular basis.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Many Hab GM have made bad trades and we can argue which trade is the worst ever. I believe that the Gomez trade was the worst ever by a Hab GM because Sather was begging to get rid of that stupid contract so he could sign Gaborik. Sather would have traded Gomez for a bucket of pucks and a Howie Meeker poster....but here comes Laurel and Hardy (Gainey and Gauthier) to save the day and give away a great D prospect for nothing, it did not have to happen.

McDonagh-Subban
Tinordi

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Fixed :)

We're really a McDonagh away from a great top 4

I know, I wouldn't mind at all a trading away a first rounder and some other pieces for a top 4 d-man. It would be a good idea considering our overall depth and the fact that we have defensive d-men playing on the PP.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I hated the way he would breakout last playoffs ala Komisarek... always off the boards. But this year he seems to have improved, at least in the Toronto game he made good tape-to-tape passes and even one solid breakout through center ice.

His acceleration and overall mobility has also improved. If he keeps on working hard he will be an absolute monster for us, probably better than Komisarek in his hey days.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Just hope he gets some added responsibility and the coaching staff let him make mistakes and learn.

Unfortunately MeaT head has his favorites and this is unlikely to happen. We will just get to watch Bouillon get nudged aside and make mistakes and Diaz run from his shadow and bail out as soon as a hit needs to be took.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Just hope he gets some added responsibility and the coaching staff let him make mistakes and learn.

Unfortunately MeaT head has his favorites and this is unlikely to happen. We will just get to watch Bouillon get nudged aside and make mistakes and Diaz run from his shadow and bail out as soon as a hit needs to be took.

Tinordi is not ready to play top minutes yet but I am hopeful that he will be top 4 by the end of the year.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

His acceleration and overall mobility has also improved. If he keeps on working hard he will be an absolute monster for us, probably better than Komisarek in his hey days.

I remember during pre-season, he had an offensive breakout and I literally couldn't believe it was him, skating that fast. Not only he improved his acceleration and mobility, but I think it's above average in the NHL right now. His skating will be so underestimated that I wonder if he will ever get out skated in a 1 on 1 battle.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Tinordi is not ready to play top minutes yet but I am hopeful that he will be top 4 by the end of the year.

He is ready to play more than 14 minutes a night tho. He would look better next to Markov then Diaz right now. He needs top 4 minutes and let him make mistakes and learn. Montreals development of players in the AHL and NHL level is one of the worst in the NHL. It seems they can get them to show but the progression always seems to stall once they are there.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I remember during pre-season, he had an offensive breakout and I literally couldn't believe it was him, skating that fast. Not only he improved his acceleration and mobility, but I think it's above average in the NHL right now. His skating will be so underestimated that I wonder if he will ever get out skated in a 1 on 1 battle.

Yep. Skating is fine. I also noticed an improvment in how he handles the puck. This guy is not going back to Hamilton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad