Player Discussion Jaroslav Halák

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
you guys are nuts if you wouldnt trade rask. if it meant us getting panarin and another quality player here.

You're nuts if you think:

1.) Rask would bring a Panarin level talent to Boston

2.) Rask would waive his NMC to go to a team that could afford him, was good/contender and doesn't have a goalie already (good luck).

3.) You've seen enough of Halak to actually think he can maintain this kind of play and the Bruins can run with McIntyre as a backup. Or Boston can go out and find a capable back up.

Reactions: Chief Nine

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You're nuts if you think:

1.) Rask would bring a Panarin level talent to Boston

2.) Rask would waive his NMC to go to a team that could afford him, was good/contender and doesn't have a goalie already (good luck).

3.) You've seen enough of Halak to actually think he can maintain this kind of play and the Bruins can run with McIntyre as a backup. Or Boston can go out and find a capable back up.
im just saying deal Rask to a any team that wants him.
that frees up money. then we can
make a deal to get panarin.
ive been waiting for Rask to come around for 4 years now. i dont see it happening.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Five summer acquisitions who’ve made bigger-than-expected impacts - TheHockeyNews

Its nice to see Halak Bouncing back as it had to be hard for him too endure being sent to the minors and then being recalled to play with an Islander team last yr who had a depleted defense and then the rest of the team forgot how to play defense and became a run and Gun offense. He's a fighter and he's showing it so far this yr with the Bruins.:thumbu:

You’ll recall that it wasn’t all that long ago, December 2016, that Halak was demoted to the New York Islanders’ AHL affiliate. It would be three months before he got the call back to the NHL, too, all the while Halak attempted to find a new home. With no takers, he stuck around with New York, endured a mediocre-at-best 2017-18 campaign and then bolted as a free agent, signing this summer with the Bruins.

In eight games in the blue paint in Boston, Halak has turned in an NHL-best .952 save percentage and 1.45 goals-against average to go along with a league-best two shutouts

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
One of those game where if the score was 2-0 Leafs after one, everyone would be saying, could have been 4 or 5-0 if (whoever) wasn't great. Instead B's up 1-0, best period of goaltending I've seen this season.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Halak is a solid good goalie .I think we are going see lots of him..Rask may not be worried about fatigue of playing too many games... Who knows Halak may be number 1 by season's end

Reactions: Blowfish

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
crazy to think that if the season ended today, halak would be the vezina winner. didnt expect this high level of performance from him.. having said that, i would not trade tuukka. he will bounce back and reestablish himself as the bruins #1.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
crazy to think that if the season ended today, halak would be the vezina winner. didnt expect this high level of performance from him.. having said that, i would not trade tuukka. he will bounce back and reestablish himself as the bruins #1.

That would be good news for the team if he did, but the way Halak is playing it won't be easy.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jobs his hes officially #1 after tonight there is no debate anymore.

I hope we don't work him too hard and keep him fresh for the postseason. Plenty of starts rest of the way for Rask. Don't care what either guy makes. Hope he can take home the Vezina he has to be in the lead right now.

Reactions: Blowfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad