Player Discussion Jaroslav Halák

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You're also going off Rask at the beginning of the season where he always struggles. You're prematurely making this comment. Rask is a top goaltender. Six games played doesn't change that. You're acting as if Halak is finding this new level. He's still the same Halak.

Rask has not been elite for some time now and he's paid to be elite. If you think he's elite then he should be the obvious 1A. This hasn't been the case. I'm thnking this is the time to consider trading Rask while he's still relatively young and there are some teams that might bite. Halak has been stuck on a crap D Islander team for years. Halak is simply playing with more confidence and a stronger D team. That helps him become elite.

Have you not been watching Halak's play? He's been solid. Love watching him play. Rask scares the living crap of me every game.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Rask has not been elite for some time now and he's paid to be elite. If you think he's elite then he should be the obvious 1A. This hasn't been the case. I'm thnking this is the time to consider trading Rask while he's still relatively young and there are some teams that might bite. Halak has been stuck on a crap D Islander team for years. Halak is simply playing with more confidence and a stronger D team. That helps him become elite.

Have you not been watching Halak's play? He's been solid. Love watching him play. Rask scares the living crap of me every game.

Well I watch every game so yes I have. I'm just not over here prematurely ejacking all over my computer because Halak is off to a hot start. Khudobin did the same thing last season as well. Rask is a great goalie and will continue to be like every other season.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Well I watch every game so yes I have. I'm just not over here prematurely ejacking all over my computer because Halak is off to a hot start. Khudobin did the same thing last season as well. Rask is a great goalie and will continue to be like every other season.

Rask is hot and cold and horrible in the playoffs and most would say no longer in the top 10 goalies in the league he certainly isn't better than Halak right now. Khubdobin is a completely different goaltender than Halak. A fish out of water goalie. Was scary to watch most nights.

I say move Rask while you can. Halak has proven to be very good and don't see how anyone can say he's going to flatten. He's taken the number one spot.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not OK with trading Rask with only one month of a flaming hot NHL leading Halak.

We have no replacement for a goaltender loss. If Halak goes cold or gets hurt the team would sink like a stone with Vladar or McIntyre(No offense to them.)

If we get an amazing offer for Rask Donnie should consider it, but shop him? Nope.

Even then we would need a goaltender coming back somehow.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Rask is paid to be an elite goalie and he hasn't been. Simple as that.

Rask and Halak are pretty similar, however, I'd argue over their careers, Rask has been far more consistent of the two. Halak has been equal to Rask at his best, but his best isn't as frequent or consistent as Rask's. Despite that, the biggest change in Rask's play over the last few years has been lower valleys in his play.

Come playoff time, I want the guy who played better over the course of the season. It's not clear whom that will be.

Reactions: Blowfish

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Not OK with trading Rask with only one month of a flaming hot NHL leading Halak.

We have no replacement for a goaltender loss. If Halak goes cold or gets hurt the team would sink like a stone with Vladar or McIntyre(No offense to them.)

If we get an amazing offer for Rask Donnie should consider it, but shop him? Nope.

Even then we would need a goaltender coming back somehow.
I rather have Curtis mcilanny and his cheap salary to back up Halak then this jaguar that has a leaky radiator. I could use that extra money and get a kreider type to help David and Jake.

James Walker

Sep 28, 2017

Rask was elite in that 48 game season.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
played well again today, didn`t at all like the goal he let in and I`ll suggest if the B`s lost and Tuukka allowed it there would be 12 pages of posts about it but he`s definitely the goalie who is playing far better now
Take away the salaries and I doubt Rask gets criticized as much as he does.

It's purely the expectations placed on an elite/high paid player. As with any high paid player on the team, like Rask, Krejci, Backes, I'd argue they are some of the most criticized players on this board, but that's fully because of their salary and the expectations of them, rightfully or wrongfully. A lot of people look to the guys making the $$$ when things go wrong.

Anyways, to get back on track. Halak's playing well, but no way I would trade Rask at this stage. Until another player comes pushing either of those guys out of a spot... we likely stick with them.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Are you insinuating that Halak is a mass hallucination of Bruins fans birthed by our desire for a solid goaltender?

I'm saying that the player, Curtis Mcilanny does not exist in the NHL. Where the hell did you get anything other than that from my comment? I even bolded the part I was referring to. Halak has been very solid. He's been excellent/superb/ridiculous. I'm just not trading Tuukka Rask because of it.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
When Halak hits his inevitable cold streak and Rask hits his inevitable hot streak then we will be glad the team has both goalies. Goalies usually don't bring back jack in trades, especially one making big bucks. I would rather live or die with Rask/Halak (and hopefully a healthy defense -- don't underestimate this factor as it relates to goalie play) come playoff time than live or die with an unaddressed bottom 9. And, no, Rask getting traded is not going to bring back something that will fix the bottom 9 adequately. Goaltending is not even close to the biggest worry of mine with the Bs.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm saying that the player, Curtis Mcilanny does not exist in the NHL. Where the hell did you get anything other than that from my comment? I even bolded the part I was referring to. Halak has been very solid. He's been excellent/superb/ridiculous. I'm just not trading Tuukka Rask because of it.

You have a comment that says this and only this:

This player does not exist.

I had no clue what the heck that meant. Since it was in a player thread I thought you were making some kind of joke.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Halak is pretty good, he's been on 5 teams in his NHL career.. He was pretty damn good except for a few years in NYI behind a horrible defensive system and team. If he was on Boston his entire career, he'd like be considered a top 10 goalie in the league.

In order to trade Rask...

1. Halak has to prove this level of play for 3-4 months.
2. You must get a solid back-up in return.
3. The return must be worth it (ie; solid cheap top 6 forward for Krejci/Debrusk or a 2C)

Otherwise he should be kept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad