NESN Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy are negotiating with NESN for next season

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can confirm that both Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy have had discussions with NESN for next year and talks are ongoing.

Vegas local TV is shaky right now as games are now shown on free OTA TV and they have lost the Salt Lake City market starting next year. This all came about when AT&T Sportsnet folded last year.

Everything is fluid right now but if Vegas gets knocked out by Dallas that will be a major financial hit for the team.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I can confirm that both Dave Goucher and Shane Hnidy have had discussions with NESN for next year and talks are ongoing.

Vegas local TV is shaky right now as games are now shown on free OTA TV and they have lost the Salt Lake City market starting next year. This all came about when AT&T Sportsnet folded last year.

Everything is fluid right now but if Vegas gets knocked out by Dallas that will be a major financial hit for the team.
👍♥️👍♥️

🍻

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I mean that was just a dream until you posted this.

1714646507210.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They must be sick of living in Vegas. All of that fake glitzy crap.

If they have kids in school, it would be better here for sure.

I hate the heat.

Come back to Boston!...I can't get my hopes up.....been a crappy week and I have to go to the dentist today :(

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I hate the heat.

Come back to Boston!...I can't get my hopes up.....been a crappy week and I have to go to the dentist today :(

Agreed. Someone tell NESN I’ll pay an extra $5 a month for their garbage product if we get Goucher. I’ll do my part haha!

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I'll take this over upgrading the top 6 forward group!

Won't be upset to see Brickley go along with Jack.
He's lost his fastball as well and has become a caricature of himself.

Goucher is a pro's pro and one of the best on the biz.

Will NESN pony up the cash?

My concern is nothing will be left after they fix their equiptment issues

Oh wait what am I saying, they won’t fix their equiptment issues

Goucher and Hnidy a lock!

Brick could easily become "Inside the Glass"

I think he’s better suited for down there. Or maybe they put Hnidy there and give brick one more season to go out on his own so his departure isn’t overshadowed by Jack’s

Reactions: GordonHowe

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I hate the heat.

Glad someone else feels this way.

I think vegas is incredibly overrated. It’s dirty, crime ain’t great, lots of sloppy seedy fools in any of the “fun” areas, and with climate change is only going to be more intolerable

The real sin of sin city is the ridiculous burden of electrical use to power air conditioning in a place no human would live otherwise, and yes I’m aware of the solar installation people, I drove right by it. Fricken moon base that thing!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I hate the heat.

Some folks here will surely know better than me, but I believe that away from the Strip the 'real' Vegas has become a very decent place to live, especially if you've got some money. Not too crowded, good amenities, lots of outdoor stuff to do, low tax. Of course there is the heat but at least it's a dry heat and if you don't mind that then it's probably not much bother.

That said, would love to see Goucher return to Boston. That would be amazing, and he's probably one of the few who could follow Jack without experiencing too much pressure. Feel like it's destined to happen sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

I hate the heat.

I am with you, I hate the heat as well, my sister just returned after being in Australia the past 5 months, she said it was incredibly humid, but she loves it, I will take a bit of snow and chill over that any day.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I am with you, I hate the heat as well, my sister just returned after being in Australia the past 5 months, she said it was incredibly humid, but she loves it, I will take a bit of snow and chill over that any day.

Only the northern half or so of Australia is humid. Live in the south like me and you're just fine on that front, most of the time anyway.

Where did your sister go?

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Some folks here will surely know better than me, but I believe that away from the Strip the 'real' Vegas has become a very decent place to live, especially if you've got some money. Not too crowded, good amenities, lots of outdoor stuff to do, low tax. Of course there is the heat but at least it's a dry heat and if you don't mind that then it's probably not much bother.

That said, would love to see Goucher return to Boston. That would be amazing, and he's probably one of the few who could follow Jack without experiencing too much pressure. Feel like it's destined to happen sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.
Dry heat is not a good thing! Especially now with the Climate change! It sucks!

Reactions: Ladyfan

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Glad someone else feels this way.

I think vegas is incredibly overrated. It’s dirty, crime ain’t great, lots of sloppy seedy fools in any of the “fun” areas, and with climate change is only going to be more intolerable

The real sin of sin city is the ridiculous burden of electrical use to power air conditioning in a place no human would live otherwise, and yes I’m aware of the solar installation people, I drove right by it. Fricken moon base that thing!

I could go on and on about this all day. The amount of resources consumed so that tens of millions of people can own cheap real estate in the desert is going to cost all of us more and more over time. The recent population growth of much of the southwestern United States will be an unsustainable problem sooner rather than later.

But I digress.

Would love to have Goucher back! I still like Brick but I won’t be too broke up about him leaving.

Reactions: CDJ and Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad