Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
In the last 7 years Iginla has scored 10,10,13,10,8,9 and 10 goals in his first 20 games,skipping last year.

I haven't dug through all of them so I'm sure your numbers are mostly right. Your 2011-12 #'s are a little off...but I found this for the last couple of years:

2011-12 - 6 in 20 (First 19 games 5 goals)
2010-11 - 9 in 20 (First 17 games 3 goals)

Iggy is streaky and will get better as it goes...

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I haven't dug through all of them so I'm sure your numbers are mostly right. Your 2011-12 #'s are a little off...but I found this for the last couple of years:

2011-12 - 6 in 20 (First 19 games 5 goals)
2010-11 - 9 in 20 (First 17 games 3 goals)

Iggy is streaky and will get better as it goes...

I better check again,I better do them all over.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Iginla is the biggest question mark for me, if we are going to compare last year's team to this one. I think our goaltending and defense is as good or better than last year's. I think line 2 will have itself sorted out by the time the playoffs roll around,line 3 is better, line 4 might have to be tinkered with by dropping Thornton but I think I prefer ol Nate riding shotgun with Krejci instead of Iginla. Iginla needs to start scoring.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Lock him up now for two more years. That line is only getting stronger and last night was yet another example. Get him for 2 years at 6 million (3 / year) and enjoy every minute of that dominant cycle.

Hell, Krejci is tossing hits more than ever, Lucic is on pace for 30 again and Iginla is just heating up.

Oh, and the second line is looking faster each game as well.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Iginla is not going to get as many goals in the B's system as he did at Calgary more than likely. And that's fine. Bottom line is that he is not floating 2/3 of the game, he's not taking shifts off, and he's shown that he can play physical and go into the dirty areas whenever needed. He is extremely talented and the points will come. You also need to consider other teams have to account for him at all times, which in the long run will create decent chances for the other guys. Iginla is made to be a Bruin.

Kaoz*

Horton was streaky in his effort and results - at least Iginla plays hard all the time, even if he isn't producing as expected.

He's getting paid to do more then just try though, he's getitng paid to produce. Although I fully expect him to pick it up, he hasn't produced like he should and needs to get it on track, not even to the level Horton in all his streakyness did.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
His "next level" has been apparent at times so far, like setting up that OT winner for Krejci. He needs to get that all the time, ASAP. Hit the net with shots, make more plays. He hasn't been bad but he isn't on the level of Krejci or Lucic yet.

Horton was inconsistent too but was he this slow to start producing (aside from the concussion issues)? He floated and only engaged sometimes, but he produced all the same overall. Iginla was a passenger on the Penguins' playoff team, and I don't want him doing the same thing here. We don't have Cindy or Malkin.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
His "next level" has been apparent at times so far, like setting up that OT winner for Krejci. He needs to get that all the time, ASAP. Hit the net with shots, make more plays. He hasn't been bad but he isn't on the level of Krejci or Lucic yet.

Horton was inconsistent too but was he this slow to start producing (aside from the concussion issues)? He floated and only engaged sometimes, but he produced all the same overall. Iginla was a passenger on the Penguins' playoff team, and I don't want him doing the same thing here. We don't have Cindy or Malkin.

Iginla produced for Pittsburgh as well: 12 points in 15 games during the playoffs and 11 points in 13 games during the regular season.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Iginla produced for Pittsburgh as well: 12 points in 15 games during the playoffs and 11 points in 13 games during the regular season.

But actually watching those playoff games (didn't see his regular season games in Pitt), he didn't do much. Points or not, he wasn't that part of the action. Just kind of there. Perhaps it was the coach using him wrong, perhaps he was content to let Crosby and Malkin do the work, or perhaps he just isn't the player he used to be aside from a few flashes.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
But actually watching those playoff games (didn't see his regular season games in Pitt), he didn't do much. Points or not, he wasn't that part of the action. Just kind of there. Perhaps it was the coach using him wrong, perhaps he was content to let Crosby and Malkin do the work, or perhaps he just isn't the player he used to be aside from a few flashes.

You say you watched the games, but he played a total of 4 periods on Crosby's line before Dan Bylsma shipped him back off to play with Malkin and Neal who he showed zero chemistry with playing the left wing. Not to mention DB made the stupid mistake of taking him off of their power play which saw them score next to nothing after.

Dan Bylsma had too many pieces to work with and didn't know what to do with them. Iggy didn't work well with Malkin and Neal because they both played lazy hockey without the puck with exception to Neal's like one game in the playoffs where he looked possessed and the few where Malkin took over.

Overall their playoff performance as a whole was terrible. Crosby looked invisible at times, the Islanders outworked them for the vast majority of the series and lost games because their goalie was awful.

I don't think it's fair to judge Iginla on his Penguin's appearance. He never got a chance to really get going there until he was on the 3rd line where he was a much better fit when not playing with someone like Crosby who could set him up. I've liked his compete level, but he's gotta hit the net more and when he does the pucks will start going in. It's as simple as that.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Iginla is not going to get as many goals in the B's system as he did at Calgary more than likely. And that's fine. Bottom line is that he is not floating 2/3 of the game, he's not taking shifts off, and he's shown that he can play physical and go into the dirty areas whenever needed. He is extremely talented and the points will come. You also need to consider other teams have to account for him at all times, which in the long run will create decent chances for the other guys. Iginla is made to be a Bruin.

You are correct. In some ways he is a better fit than Horton,at least as far as the regular season goes,but I still wish he would start scoring.If Iginla doesn't start to score,I might consider trying Soderberg or Smith on the line.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
was really glad to see Iggy get one last night. He has been kind of snakebit but working his ass off lately.

I know he's not scoring as much as we'd all like, but I really believe this guy is gonna be a big difference maker for us down the stretch.

Kaoz*

hope that ovation he just got makes some people realize how lucky we are to have this guy.

We're lucky to have him because the fan base of the team he played most of his career for applauds him on his first trip back to the city?

dilldog

May 28, 2012
I wonder if it's the first time fans have booed their own team when they shut down an opposition player?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
We're lucky to have him because the fan base of the team he played most of his career for applauds him on his first trip back to the city?

we're lucky to have him because he's an outstanding player and human being and the reaction he got in Calgary serves as evidence of those facts.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
hope that ovation he just got makes some people realize how lucky we are to have this guy.

Iginla has always been one of my favorite players league wide. I also lived in Calgary for 1y and could see just how loved he was there. Catched also like 10 games at the Saddledome that year.

Since Iggy signed a 1y deal, I think he can only be extended after January 1st? As soon as it's possible, I certainly hope it happens. Do it Chia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad