Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Iggy has been a bright spot on an otherwise underwhelming team right now. He looks like he is having a lot of fun out there and seems to fit this team like a glove. His effort is visible every game. He would probably be one of the last Bruins I worry about right now.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
This guy has been tremendous. Big upgrade over Horton and an absolutely perfect Bruin. Love this player,and I normally hate the geriatrics.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
What does everyone think of Iginla so far?

He's underwhelmed on the score sheet but other than probably his worst game as a Bruin against the Rangers, he's looked like he's belonged on this team his whole life.

I have no idea what they can change to get him going and scoring goals, I am still adamant they will come. But at least in the meantime he's causing a boatload of turnovers, playing physicial, sticking up for his team mates, making plays and occasionally even killing penalties.

With that said, that whole KIL line needs to start killing it pretty soon here. Other than a couple empty netters, they've been quiet. To their credit they are knocking pretty hard on the door though. Just gotta bust through.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

He's underwhelmed on the score sheet but other than probably his worst game as a Bruin against the Rangers, he's looked like he's belonged on this team his whole life.

I have no idea what they can change to get him going and scoring goals, I am still adamant they will come. But at least in the meantime he's causing a boatload of turnovers, playing physicial, sticking up for his team mates, making plays and occasionally even killing penalties.

With that said, that whole KIL line needs to start killing it pretty soon here. Other than a couple empty netters, they've been quiet. To their credit they are knocking pretty hard on the door though. Just gotta bust through.

I think he's been a tremendous addition whose production runs contrary to performance. Hopefully his numbers start reflecting the quality of his play.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The line was producing until recently, despite Iginla not really factoring in on the score sheet. Now that it's slumping, he needs to step up and produce.

Kaoz*

I'm still not nor will I ever likely be a fan of his on the team, used to love the guy. Wish he had of resigned in Pittsburgh so Boston could sweep em again. Made his choice last year as far as I'm concerned.

In regards to his current game, meh, I've been underwhelmed, but as you can guess from above it may be at least in part due to me being jaded. Still just 4 goals so far? I know, notorious slow starter, we'll have to see.

Bergyfan37*

I'm still not nor will I ever likely be a fan of his on the team, used to love the guy. Wish he had of resigned in Pittsburgh so Boston could sweep em again. Made his choice last year as far as I'm concerned.

In regards to his current game, meh, I've been underwhelmed, but as you can guess from above it may be at least in part due to me being jaded. Still just 4 goals so far? I know, notorious slow starter, we'll have to see.

Get the hell over it. GEEZ.

Kaoz*

Get the hell over it. GEEZ.

Yea, no.

You can choose to accept and root for the guy who for all intents and purposes not only said Boston wasn't good enough for him at last years trade deadline, but played the NMC card to quite literally enforce that belief, but I won't. I grudgingly accept he's a part of this team now because I have no other choice.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Still don`t like how all went down at the deadline, but I sure appreciate Iggy`s willingness to play engaged hockey. He`ll be fine but he`s not a guy I`d think about re-signing for any more than this year.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
He looks like a much more engaged/energized upgrade on Horton. I'd like more score sheet evidence, but I'm enjoying watching him.

FWIW, the man is wearing the correct laundry. How the hell do people hold it against him that he made a grave error last year and paid for it by wasting a year of his career with a hateful, loser team? Would last years version of Iginla got us a cup? Let's move on.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

One of our best and most consistent players. Amazing along the boards and has shown great playmaking prowess and chemistry with his linemates. Great compete level and very physical.

My only real complaint stems not from a lack of goals, but from how infrequently he hits the net, especially on the PP. He is never hesitant to shoot, which is a good thing, but he's missing the net way too much. I can't remember one of those PP one-timers not hitting the boards or the glass. Not worried though, the guy has 4,000+ shots and 500+ goals in his career. It'll start to click for him.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Yea, no.

You can choose to accept and root for the guy who for all intents and purposes not only said Boston wasn't good enough for him at last years trade deadline, but played the NMC card to quite literally enforce that belief, but I won't. I grudgingly accept he's a part of this team now because I have no other choice.

There isn't even anything to get over. You're holding a grudge against someone for making a complicated decision based on their own personal and professional situation, which may have even ended as a coin-toss decision, and acting like they betrayed you on a personal level.

There is nothing to "get over" because there is nothing to be upset about in the first place.

How would you like it if someone you never met held a grudge about you for choosing to work at job X in town Y, because it was a tough decision, yet one that you made because it was best for your current personal, family, and professional situation?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
There isn't even anything to get over. You're holding a grudge against someone for making a complicated decision based on their own personal and professional situation, which may have even ended as a coin-toss decision, and acting like they betrayed you on a personal level.

There is nothing to "get over" because there is nothing to be upset about in the first place.

How would you like it if someone you never met held a grudge about you for choosing to work at job X in town Y, because it was a tough decision, yet one that you made because it was best for your current personal, family, and professional situation?

Rule number 2: players are players,players are not fans and have little if any sentimentality beyond the paycheck. Fans would be wise to do the same.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yea, no.

What he said on the first episode of 'Behind the B' made sense if you can look outside of blatant Bruin-homer glasses.

He said at the time of the trade he wanted to go to the team that, at the time appeared to have the best chance at winning the Cup.

Boston was slumping at the time and Pittsburgh had just won 15 games in a row.

Which would you choose being a professional Hockey player who's been in the league 16 years and not won a Cup? It's not like he was an all out Bruins fan like we are here. Don't take it so personal.

Kaoz*

He looks like a much more engaged/energized upgrade on Horton. I'd like more score sheet evidence, but I'm enjoying watching him.

FWIW, the man is wearing the correct laundry. How the hell do people hold it against him that he made a grave error last year and paid for it by wasting a year of his career with a hateful, loser team? Would last years version of Iginla got us a cup? Let's move on.

How do you know it wouldn't have? Last years version of Iginla had 4 goals and 8 assists through 15 games of the playoffs. Jagr, the best replacement Boston could come up with on short notice, had 0 goals and 10 assists and looked like an old aged cluster**** in 22 games, square peg in a round hole. We have no idea if Iginla would have been the difference, but it's hard to imagine he wouldn't have been a far better option then what we did have. It's very very possible that decision cost Boston the cup.

And it wasn't that he just chose Pittsburgh over Boston, it's the manner in which he did it. You move on, I'm much happier not pretending like the guy didn't screw over the Bruins and their fans last season.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1387869&highlight=iginla&page=11

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1387499&highlight=iginla
What he said on the first episode of 'Behind the B' made sense if you can look outside of blatant Bruin-homer glasses.

He said at the time of the trade he wanted to go to the team that, at the time appeared to have the best chance at winning the Cup.

Which would you choose being a professional Hockey player who's been in the league 16 years and not won a Cup? It's not like he was an all out Bruins fan like we are here. Don't take it so personal.

Then he shouldn't have said before the trade deadline he would accept a trade to Boston. That way Chia might not have wasted so much time trying to acquire him and could have instead focused on a better plan B.

I get it, everyone wants to like the guy now because he's a Bruin. Have at it.

Honestly, why would I care? Same applies here I don't expect a player or team to care what I think about them, I'm one fan. And for fans not to be invested, that doesn't sound very logical. Fans get invested personally, it's what being a fan is about. So I don't have to like the guy, nor do I have to respect him. What I have to do is hope he's successful because he plays for the team I root for.

Last edited by a moderator:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

His teammates don't seem to mind.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
His teammates don't seem to mind.

No, considering it's pretty understandable.

Picture being an NHL player right, and say the Sharks and the Blues were your 2 teams you would consider being traded to.

Sharks have won 15 games in a row and Blues are 2-7-1 in their last 10, nearing the end of the season.

Which team would you choose?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It is weird, I think he has performed exactly like I thought he would (but hoped he didn't), and I am still underwhelmed.

It doesn't make sense, but I guess I was holding out hope he'd find a little bit of the fountain of youth.

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany
I don´t care much about his goals...

I´m more disappointed the way he is shooting, it´s not like he had that much bad luck... he´s just shooting bad (misses the net way to often)

I never expected that much, he looked better than horton for the most part (has no fear to work on the boards etc.)

I think he is overpaid and is not a great 1st liner anymore but horton would have been the same..

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Iginla showed a burst of speed I did not think he had to set up the Krejci goal.I still think the top 2 lines need a shakeup,maybe moving Soderberg or Smith up but, obviously those two are displaying some nice chemistry.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
For someone being paid 1.8 mil base salary + performance bonuses (up to max 6 mil) I'd say you're getting a pretty solid deal and I couldn't figure out why you wouldn't re-sign him at the end of the season for a similar contract.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
For someone being paid 1.8 mil base salary + performance bonuses (up to max 6 mil) I'd say you're getting a pretty solid deal and I couldn't figure out why you wouldn't re-sign him at the end of the season for a similar contract.

I hope it's because they win the cup and he decides to go out on top ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad