Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pockets16

Jan 30, 2007
Aww...Calgary fans all butthurt.

You're welcome to have him back. He can go back to doing his usual there.

Spoken like an idiot who can't handle the truth. Keep on blaming one player, maybe the red in your eyes will disappear sometime.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Iginla is the least of this team's problems. If a sensible deal can be worked out then he should be brought back.

member 96824

Iginla is the least of this team's problems. If a sensible deal can be worked out then he should be brought back.

I wouldn't say the "least"

He was the team's best goal scorer and we just lost a playoff series that we couldn't score goals in.

Iginla was absent, as were many many many many others

flamer4life

Feb 22, 2012
Cowtown
I had a lot of respect for you Bruin fans, however between the racial comments after game 1 and the jabs you are taking at Iginla. You are all a classless bunch over there..

You were lucky to have him on your team this year, he may not have a cup but he gives his all each and every game. He was one of the best players on the ice for the bruins tonight and for the most parts this entire series.

If you think he lost this game for you give your head a shake, or stop drinking as it clear that you are delusional.

Remember it takes an entire team to win, and when the team scores 1 goal in the final 2 games of a series you are always going to lose.

Who did you guys blame for your loss in the scf last year. Those of you that are blaming Iggy for this loss are a sorry a** bunch of losers.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Well.. Main thought when reading this thread, if you guys were relying on a 36 yr old Iggy to carry your team to the cup, you were out to lunch to begin with. The whole team played like **** this series and Rask was shaky as hell. Iggy was the best Bruin in game 7 so don't go telling me he was terrible *cough* top goal scorer *cough*. BostonStrong my ass.. I really do hope Iggy signs elsewhere next season, you guys disappoint me..

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I wouldn't say the "least"

He was the team's best goal scorer and we just lost a playoff series that we couldn't score goals in.

Iginla was absent, as were many many many many others

to be fair he was their best goalscorer in the playoffs as well and he had the only goal in game 7

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Frustrations with Iginla are the same I had with Recchi. This is a young mans game. Effective in spurts. 3rd line + PP. Get his salary to line up with that and you have player.

Recchi was totally instrumental in winning us a Cup; no comparison at all between what he gave us and what Iggy was not able to give us.

I don't put an inordinate amount of blame on Iggy; he played as well as he could, I suppose. He was one part of a multi-pronged problem.

He, like Krecji, was effectively bottled up and disarmed. Credit to the habs.

Not sure I'd want Iggy back, though. Probably leaning against it at this point.

This season was a big letdown. Similar to the year we went 50-20-10 and got bounced early. It's all about the playoffs; finishing first is for fools. In a format where anything can happen, finishing 8th is fine.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don't think a team that ultimately struggled to score goals can let its leading goal scorer (both regular season and playoffs) walk away.

Iginla was not what we might have hoped, but we still can't afford to lose him unless there's a really good plan B.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He has 4 goals in 11 playoff games. That's a pace for you guessed it, 30 goals in an 82 game regular season. What more was expected of him?

Quoted for emphasis.

The 'fans' in this thread ragging on Iginla need to give their heads a ******* shake because minus Iginla this team would be finished a hell of a lot sooner than game 7 of this series.

Your good ole' boys Marchand and Krejci were garbage all series long.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Re-sign him if the price is right. He outplayed many of our sacred cows.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
My concern with Iggy is he is not good at battling in the corners anymore, and his shot accuracy is way off too. I think they need him at this point because I don't think Loui can make it as a first liner...and anyone else would be too expensive at this point.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
You were lucky to have him on your team this year, he may not have a cup but he gives his all each and every game. He was one of the best players on the ice for the bruins tonight and for the most parts this entire series.

Clearly you weren't watching him closely enough during this year and last year's playoffs.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He's a nice complimentary piece. Too slow for playoff hockey but able to finish if the chance presents itself. His numbers probably price out a return, but if not I'd love to have him. But he can't be relied upon in the playoffs. He's too old and too slow.

OutspokenMinority*

Some type of overreaction on this thread... It hasn't been the best series for Iggy but call him a "scrub ass" and a "career loser"? What a joke. You might as well say the same thing about Loui Eriksson who hasn't done anything significant throughout the whole season, and the likes of Krejci, Chara, and Marchand who were less than impressive during this series. I mean, come on. I always thought Bruins fans had more class than the French/Habitants fans, don't change that.

here's the difference - we found out during the season that Loui was tissue paper and that's all he would ever be. Iggy showed toughness, grit and leadership, and then coasted when it really mattered.

they both were disappointments, but Iggy moreso because he *should* have been better in the playoffs. Loui is a complementary piece who quietly goes about his business but Iggy *should* have been a leader ala Recchi. all you have to do to lead on this team is to consistently play tough, disciplined, aggressive hockey. to finish your checks and maybe throw in a few "extra finishes". but Iggy didn't do that. he just kind of watched the game, and then he got buried over and over. i don't remember another "top-shelf" forward who looked as unprepared for the pressure of playoff hockey. and i mean opposing team pressure, not "pressure" in the abstract sense. he never responded. and he did that annoying, useless stick waving slap check thing rather than using his body. he failed. over and over and over and over again.

he was a stunning disappointment, and he needs to move on. as for the Krejci/Chara question? you're right. they were both TERRIBLE, and it's probably time to move on from one of them. Chara appears done. he and Iggy can move on together.

member 96824

Quoted for emphasis.

The 'fans' in this thread ragging on Iginla need to give their heads a ******* shake because minus Iginla this team would be finished a hell of a lot sooner than game 7 of this series.

Your good ole' boys Marchand and Krejci were garbage all series long.

That's all great, but his play left a ton to be desired. I want him back for another round next year no doubt, but he certainly has his share of the blame. He was a ghost this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad