Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodTukka*

Hopefully they both get bounced in the first round. I hate them both but I want the Penguins to choke hard. Like get swept by the 8th seed. I know it won't happen but GOD I hated them so much before and now I can't even find it in my heart to root for a guy that I really loved.

Montreal won't go far, they don't have the experience to

Pittsburgh however....

-Now has two former leaders of Stanley cup winning teams

-a former well respected captain in Brendan Morrow

Those damn intangibles go a long way

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
Too much hate for this guy, I predict if he was traded to the Bruins, people in Boston would like his game a lot. Insane skill level, six years younger than Iginla, at this stage, they're probably fairly equal as Iginla has lost a step.

The problem with stopping Pittsburgh was always the one two punch of Crosby-Malkin of course.

There's definitely something to like about Hemsky's game but the last thing we need is to give up too much for another overpaid not-superstar who doesn't show up hard every day and I fear that's what he'd be here.

Better price-per-goal than Looch, though...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yah good luck with that 6 mil cap hit for Letang...

Letang is in Norris talks this year-if he is nominated and if he wins Pens can expect him to be asking for at least 7 million and I think that is still too cheap.

GodTukka*

How bad of a GM do you have to be to be FLEECED twice in a single night.

Congrats Jay Feaster. You clown.

Feaster doesn't survive past the end of the season (Reports are he didn't even make the final call on the deal, the bloody scout did as instructed by Ken King or whatever the hell his name)

That whole organization needs an a-bomb dropped on them

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Montreal won't go far, they don't have the experience to

Pittsburgh however....

-Now has two former leaders of Stanley cup winning teams

-a former well respected captain in Brendan Morrow

Those damn intangibles go a long way

I'm really hoping that there horrendous Defense and inconsistent goaltender come back to haunt them in a big way. Maybe they run into a hot goalie..I don't care. I just want them GONE. :pout:

GodTukka*

Edit: Iggy never won a cup, i meant to say "guys who led teams to the cup final"

This is where a team like Winnipeg might become our best friend, they've proven to be a massive pain in Pittsburgh's ass in recent times and could be obnoxious if you get the combo of Hot Pavelec + 3 playoff games at home

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
15s3n1z.jpg

haha found this online, pretty much describes tonight for us

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I'm really hoping that there horrendous Defense and inconsistent goaltender come back to haunt them in a big way. Maybe they run into a hot goalie..I don't care. I just want them GONE. :pout:

And suddenly all Bruins fans go from hoping Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers miss the playoffs to making it as the #8 seed.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I honestly don't know which possibly true report is worse:

Iginla choose Pittsburgh over us even though our trade package was better.

Or

Chiarelli let Iginla go to the penguins over a conditional draft pick.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Hopefully they both get bounced in the first round. I hate them both but I want the Penguins to choke hard. Like get swept by the 8th seed. I know it won't happen but GOD I hated them so much before and now I can't even find it in my heart to root for a guy that I really loved.

The irony would be Iginla going to Pens to win a cup, and team getting bounced early, then the three other teams on his list end up in their conference finals and two of them compete for the cup.

I always liked Iginla, but I really feel like the way all this went down was poor form by the Flames organization.

My guess is Chia won't be working with Feaster again any time soon, and I can see some other GM's being leery of getting jerked the same way. Granted Iginla held a lot of power here, but it shouldn't have happened this way.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
People were tweeting that Cam was smiling after the game and in a good mood. I wonder if he beat the **** out of Chiarelli yet?

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
The irony would be Iginla going to Pens to win a cup, and team getting bounced early, then the three other teams on his list end up in their conference finals and two of them compete for the cup.

I always liked Iginla, but I really feel like the way all this went down was poor form by the Flames organization.

My guess is Chia won't be working with Feaster again any time soon, and I can see some other GM's being leery of getting jerked the same way. Granted Iginla held a lot of power here, but it shouldn't have happened this way.

Yeah, he probably won't be working with the guy who is about to get fired any time soon.

GodTukka*

People were tweeting that Cam was smiling after the game and in a good mood. I wonder if he beat the **** out of Chiarelli yet?

"Kick his ass Sea Bass!" - every Bruins fan on earth

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Iggy held ALL the power. I get being disappointed... but once a deal was in place, Iggy still had to approve it. And from what TSN was saying, it wasn't Calgary talking to the press... that was all Boston.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Iggy held ALL the power. I get being disappointed... but once a deal was in place, Iggy still had to approve it. And from what TSN was saying, it wasn't Calgary talking to the press... that was all Boston.

Boston repeatedly denied that a trade was complete to that Renaud fella.

It was probably our resident hacks, Haggs and Murph who perpetuated it to Ward

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
This is the kind of ****ing ******** that I'm sick of. If I was that wrong as my job and people found out about it I would be fired faster than you can say Sorry.

But all these ****ing buffoons in the media can just say whatever the **** they want and hide behind their "anonymous" sources and their "reports" of things.

Then you have sites like THE NHL'S OWN ****ING WEBSITE, posting **** as official before either of the two ****ing teams confirm it. It is disgusting.

Seriously, it is why the media is a ****ing joke today.

It's one thing for the twittisphere to proclaim something as fact. Everyone wanna rushes to be first that you can barely separate fact from fiction. That's why I rarely wander into the rumors thread because it's loaded with mostly twitter reports, god only knows how accurate they are.

This was on nhl.com.

A-Mah-zing. Someone ought to be fired over there; not because I'm bitter about the outcome, but that's just downright shoddy. What does one even call that? I don't even know if "journalistic integrity" makes sense since it was the freaking parent organization.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Does anyone think if the problem was the conditional, if Feaster said 'Hey Chia the Pens offered us two scrubs and a definite first" that Chia wouldn't have agreed?

I just don't see Chia turning the conditional into a deal breaker.

My guess is they let Iginla pick and he wanted to play with Crosby and Malkin (and I don't particularly blame him but if Iginla was picking it shouldn't have gone down in a way that the Bruins pulled players because they thought there might be a deal.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Why do you guys think PC is to blame here? Isn't it possible Iginla simply wanted to go to PIT and PC had absolutely nothing to do with the final outcome. Honestly, the Flames didn't get more out of PIT, so there may have been no option other than not dealing him at all.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I'm not a fan of the Bruins.

But man do I hate the Penguins. I'm not sure how this happened. I did see one tweet hours ago that the Boston 1st was conditional, but that was only one and no one else at the time said it either, others may of ended up confirming that then deleting their tweets in shame.

If its not true that 1st was conditional, then I haven't a slightest clue what the Flames were thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland