Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Not the update I wanted to read when I saw the notification on my phone...

I saw Jarome Iginla has been traded to....

Go to ****in NHL.com and see Pit.

FmL. I didn't think he was the Savior and answer like a lot here did but he wanted to go to Pit over Bos. Hope we own them in the ECFs.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Bruins had an offer in place.

Because of his NMC, Iginla was presented with offers and he chose the PIT offer.

Aaron Ward jumped the gun.

The end.

not that simple--I have been on line since 2pm london time it is now 630am London time. From about 6pm london time till about 2 hours ago--all the talk was about the Bruins--I hooked onto a few Boston stations via tunein.com and they were talking like Iggy was a bruin--long before Ward decided to announce Dewey was elected

Somebody somewhere that was high up in the bruins camp had to talk to the media to have sooooo many of them act like it was a done deal

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I would probably get banned for saying all the bad things I want to happen to Jarome Iginla right now so I won't. But it is really bad.

I'm kinda mad.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Embarassing pro athletes would choose to play in a piece of **** city like Pittsburgh over Boston, certainly doesn't reflect well on the organization having two well respected veterans turn you down in 72 hours..

Don't know what Chiarelli can do to overcome this PR nightmare.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Feelings on twitter seem to be that deal was supposed to be announced tomorrow and Feaster pulled this out at literally the last second.

Chia is nahht a happy camper.

GodTukka*

Feelings on twitter seem to be that deal was supposed to be announced tomorrow and Feaster pulled this out at literally the last second.

And now the health of the Flames franchise going forward suffers

the two-for one double fingered salute

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
not that simple--I have been on line since 2pm london time it is now 630am London time. From about 6pm london time till about 2 hours ago--all the talk was about the Bruins--I hooked onto a few Boston stations via tunein.com and they were talking like Iggy was a bruin--long before Ward decided to announce Dewey was elected

Somebody somewhere that was high up in the bruins camp had to talk to the media to have sooooo many of them act like it was a done deal

No, to be certain, there's "more" than that behind the scenes, I'm sure. But after watching the gut punch from the Habs in person tonight at the garden, then getting gut punched again by one Jerome Eginela once I got home, that's the very short version.

I'm sorry.

Shec8576

Feb 14, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
You guys must be livid. I'm super annoyed cause as an Ottawa fan i despise the Penguins.

I'd way rather see you win another cup then the whiny Pens and its enraging that he would choose those softies over your tough team who actually has a goalie. Lets all hope Fleury plays like a joke come playoff time.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Embarassing pro athletes would choose to play in a piece of **** city like Pittsburgh over Boston, certainly doesn't reflect well on the organization having two well respected veterans turn you down in 72 hours..

Don't know what Chiarelli can do to overcome this PR nightmare.

He really has 1 choice....make a huge move.

Otherwise he will get a lot of deserved criticism.

And no Ales Hemsky.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Ultimately it was still Iginla blowing it up, but if that report about Chia wanting that 1st to be a conditional was the reason Shero's deal was even considered, he deserves to be fired 100%.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
The boston hockey media is a friggin joke too.. Lets recap today.. we have fat boy Haggs parading around boston tv and radio proclaiming the deal is done.. not to be outdone.. Jimmy Murphy is straight making up trade rumors only to be laughed at by TSN publically on twitter. Get some real ****ing sources.

Kurplunk

Nov 30, 2010
Edmonton
Man I thought he was a Bruin an hr ago.
I check up before i go snooze and this **** appears..
Feel bad for ya, kinda cruel info =/
Ugh I hate the Pens =//

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
You guys must be livid. I'm super annoyed cause as an Ottawa fan i despise the Penguins.

I'd way rather see you win another cup then the whiny Pens and its enraging that he would choose those softies over your tough team who actually has a goalie. Lets all hope Fleury plays like a joke come playoff time.

There's an alliance I feel like. Feels like to me, PITT, VAN, and MTL are ALWAYS against us. I've always rooted for OTT, CAL, some parts of Winnipeg in these situations.

I'd be lying if I'd said I'm not going to be concerned. However come playoffs, it's on.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Ultimately it was still Iginla blowing it up, but if that report about Chia wanting that 1st to be a conditional was the reason Shero's deal was even considered, he deserves to be fired 100%.

Doubt that's true.

GodTukka*

There's an alliance I feel like. Feels like to me, PITT, VAN, and MTL are ALWAYS against us. I've always rooted for OTT, CAL, some parts of Winnipeg in these situations.

I'd be lying if I'd said I'm not going to be concerned. However come playoffs, it's on.

It's weird, Ottawa fans are friendly as hell despite being rivals.

You stay classy Sens nation (no seriously)

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Would be ok with this.

ANYTHING but some ****ing Rolston type move.

Streit? sure, St. Louis? you betcha, Jagr? Dah

But not a god damn plug

Pretty sure Ryan would cost the moon. Don't see why they trade him now unless its overpayment. I can dream though. :(

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Lets get Bobby Ryan!...please...? :cry:

The only other person that would justify it. However it won't happen. Ducks are going on a cup run and Bobby gets moved in the off season, if at all. People don't understand exactly how he plays here. He's super physical, super skilled, and fast as hell.

Other than that I'd like to see the price for MSL.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
As I said in the other thread, I think it was Pittsburgh as Iginla's singular choice all along and Feaster used Chiarelli to try to drive up the price and Shero didn't blink.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Server overload at 2am while all of the East Coast and Toronto and Montreal sleeps? Ya, I doubt it. No biggie, I just won't bother breaking news in the future if we have a mod that wants to start all the threads himself. Waste of time to make a thread about something that is just going to be shut down (I'm in a little bit of a foul mood tonight as you may surmise).

Dude... you're better than this. There is no conspiracy going on haha

A writer (and a few others) tweeted out the link, did you not see we had like 2,000 people in here?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Server overload at 2am while all of the East Coast and Toronto and Montreal sleeps? Ya, I doubt it. No biggie, I just won't bother breaking news in the future if we have a mod that wants to start all the threads himself. Waste of time to make a thread about something that is just going to be shut down (I'm in a little bit of a foul mood tonight as you may surmise).

I agree with you but just don't get two tens with that five Colt. ;) We need ya around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad