Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/317182342844268544

Maybe now people can stop blaming Chiarelli for something he had zero control over. Iginla went back on his word and screwed over both the Bruins and the Flames.

But why did he? I don't want to be too crazy, but maybe he saw what was happening with us.

At one point in time we were well ahead of the Pens you know. Maybe if Chia made a move or acted like winning was more important Iggy would have said OK to both the Pens and Bruins.

Jeez I know it seems like I am reaching, but you gotta wonder why Iggy chose the Pens. Don't say its cause of Malkin and Crosby, because as far as I am concerned the Bruins have had a better track record recently than them (finishing above them the last two years as well as having a better PO track record)

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
After that PC I don't think anyone in Boston can comment on other teams/players whining, or being cheap shot artists and whatnot.

But no, serious question. So Iginla chose a different team. Whats with all the hate? It was always unconfirmed that he was going to Boston, so the fact that if fell through shouldn't cause this much bitterness.

I mean when all I was hearing was that he was going to Boston, I was disappointed, but it wasn't the end of the world.

Because he had originally said Boston is fine, and Feaster wanted the Boston deal more, then at the last second he flipped and basically said that he didn't care what the Flames got in return, he was only going to Pittsburgh

Pretty lame

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
After that PC I don't think anyone in Boston can comment on other teams/players whining, or being cheap shot artists and whatnot.

But no, serious question. So Iginla chose a different team. Whats with all the hate? It was always unconfirmed that he was going to Boston, so the fact that if fell through shouldn't cause this much bitterness.

I mean when all I was hearing was that he was going to Boston, I was disappointed, but it wasn't the end of the world.

you're playing the part of a meek troll. It's lame and a bad time for it.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008

The hate is that he handed Feaster a list stating he'd accept a trade to the Bruins. Then after hours and hours of hard work to complete a deal, after we've told prospects that they've been dealt and after getting a fan bases hopes up, he goes back on his word and will only accept a trade to Pittsburgh. That's garbage.

He has a NTC so it's his right to only want to go to Pittsburgh, just don't screw with people by telling them you'll do something that you won't (approve a trade to Boston). The class act Iginla handled himself with no class in this situation.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Serious answer; because we're jilted and we're upset.

We had pictures of Jarome in our sweater, started writing his name on our notebooks, figuring out how we were gonna invite him to prom......

Sometimes it's really that easy.

That's what I mean by now not being the right time.

You're kinda acting like the guy who's best friends with the other dude who stole our girl and now you're showing us the nude pictures he took of her.

Or vice versa if you're a female.

Or maybe not, if that's how you roll (nothing of course wrong with that).

Forget the pronouns. We're pissed and we're venting. Rational thought isn't really gonna make sense to most tonight.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/317182342844268544

Maybe now people can stop blaming Chiarelli for something he had zero control over. Iginla went back on his word (Feaster said Iginla did give him the list) and screwed over both the Bruins and the Flames. Scum bag move to make those GM's put all that work in, tell prospects they were traded and then blow it all up by going back on your word.

This makes me lose a lot of respect of Iginla.

He basically screwed a couple of GM's and two fan bases in how things went down.

If he wanted to be a Pen and a Pen only, he should have just said so.

I have the feeling Chia is livid. Hopefully he had a contingency plan and it pays off.

Maybe this major screw job will in the end make the team stronger. Definitely turns them back into the underdog.

I hope the Pens get bounced in the first round.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Because he had originally said Boston is fine, and Feaster wanted the Boston deal more, then at the last second he flipped and basically said that he didn't care what the Flames got in return, he was only going to Pittsburgh

Pretty lame

Maybe Feaster should make sure his franchise's icon is happy with the place before officiating a trade, you know out of respect? Even with a list, a courtesy call should be extended since he's the face of he franchise?

So basically if you're implying Iggy went back on his word, it also means Feaster never let Iginla know first, so he probably heard about it over the media before a phone call.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
^ that's what I'm saying

If he wanted to be a Penguin, why did he string Feaster and us along right to the end? Just say it from the beginning. Don't have a list with us on it, then have a deal literally in place for you to back out. I don't get it. Iggy knew all along about this.

Also, Feaster should have waited until the deadline. Could have made Shero actually give up a good prospect but alas. This situation is full of shenanigans.

Shame on Iggy for pulling a fast one.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
But why did he? I don't want to be too crazy, but maybe he saw what was happening with us.

At one point in time we were well ahead of the Pens you know. Maybe if Chia made a move or acted like winning was more important Iggy would have said OK to both the Pens and Bruins.

Jeez I know it seems like I am reaching, but you gotta wonder why Iggy chose the Pens. Don't say its cause of Malkin and Crosby, because as far as I am concerned the Bruins have had a better track record recently than them (finishing above them the last two years as well as having a better PO track record)

Now actually being serious. It's tough to just look at the last 2 years. Last year was an absolute disaster - no denying that. So while Pitts went out in flames... it's not like Boston went any deeper. The year before that, we missed significant time from all 3 of our stars (Staal played the most games at 41), and both Malkin and Crosby didn't play in the post season.

But why wouldn't he want a shot with Crosby/Malkin? Not saying Boston doesn't have a deep team, because they most certainly do - until this last week, I would have called them (and have) the deepest in the east. But why not see what he can do with an elite center - which is something Pittsburgh can almost guarantee, and is something that none of the other teams on his list could. Toews, Richards/Kopitar, Bergeron/Krecji all very good/talented centers... but all a level below Crosby and Malkin. Add in that they're on a 13 game win streak, and have already made a couple moves with Morrow/Murray... this team is now a very good and very deep team (at least on paper).

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Maybe Feaster should make sure his franchise's icon is happy with the place before officiating a trade, you know out of respect? Even with a list, a courtesy call should be extended since he's the face of he franchise?

So basically if you're implying Iggy went back on his word, it also means Feaster never let Iginla know first, so he probably heard about it over the media before a phone call.

So Iggy can **** over the Flames, but the Flames can't **** over Iggy? Good call

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
If hewanted to go to Pitt why wpuld he make a list of teams? Thats just stupid...or he wanted to fick with his gm...Its like pitts knew and just offered the lees they could. that deal is just awful.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Bob Mckenzie confirms Calgary liked Boston's deal more, but Iginla wanted to go to Pittsburgh.

Welp. Iggy just ****ed over Calgary so he could go to the more stacked team. Pretty lame if you ask me.

I think you should just waddle back to where you came from

What else could have happened? Those prospects aren't even signed? How could they have liked that deal better? Whats the word on those prospects anyway? Everything I'm reading says they're ****ing jack and squat.

So, I beleive that. Sorta...I guess.

Or should I? How many times did that ***hole tweet today that Iggy was a Bruin?

God what a disaster.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Now actually being serious. It's tough to just look at the last 2 years. Last year was an absolute disaster - no denying that. So while Pitts went out in flames... it's not like Boston went any deeper. The year before that, we missed significant time from all 3 of our stars (Staal played the most games at 41), and both Malkin and Crosby didn't play in the post season.

But why wouldn't he want a shot with Crosby/Malkin? Not saying Boston doesn't have a deep team, because they most certainly do - until this last week, I would have called them (and have) the deepest in the east. But why not see what he can do with an elite center - which is something Pittsburgh can almost guarantee, and is something that none of the other teams on his list could. Toews, Richards/Kopitar, Bergeron/Krecji all very good/talented centers... but all a level below Crosby and Malkin. Add in that they're on a 13 game win streak, and have already made a couple moves with Morrow/Murray... this team is now a very good and very deep team (at least on paper).

Obviously they are the favorites at the moment, but Boston is such a big hockey market and its an O6 team, and lets be honest, what are the odds of him really playing with Malkin or Crosby? He might end up playing the third line

Im not gonna pretend I know the Penguins lineup as well as you so I wont say that he will or he wont, but Im sure they'll think twice before breaking those lines up as opposed to making him play with Sutter

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008

It's all about Malkin and Crosby. Just because we have been as good as them doesn't mean it's not more fun with play with talent like that. He's obviously going to post bigger numbers in Pittsburgh's system with Crosby or Malkin than he would've here. Pittsburgh also has a better chance to win in most peoples eyes, we needed to get Iginla to become as good or slightly better than Pittsburgh in most peoples eyes. Meanwhile when they get Iginla, there's a fairly significant gap between the 2 teams.

Chia was trying to acquire Iginla offering 2 key assets in Koko and our 1st, does that not show winning was important in his eyes? You are definitely reaching, as you admit.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Iggy only ****ed over the Flames because the Flames tried to **** over Iggy, is what i'm saying.

No they didn't. How did they try to **** him over? Is going to arguably the second best team in the East really getting ****ed over? Or is being held captive in Calgary being ****ed over.

It really would have been a nice compromise. A better package, and you still end up on one of the favorites to win the Cup. Instead, the Flames end up with pretty much just a first rounder.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Penguins might have the best offense, but if they don't shore up their defense, it will be another playoff failure.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Word's out Chia wanted the first as a conditional. Pittsburgh was offering an unconditional.

This is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe I'll make another drink..

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

Yup. That was difference. Only thing that makes any sense. Boston was used to drive up the price, and it didn't even work. Or if that's the best feaster could do, then he couldn't run a bath, let alone a hockey team.

God I hope Jeremy Jacobs goes medieval.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
No they didn't. How did they try to **** him over? Is going to arguably the second best team in the East really getting ****ed over? Or is being held captive in Calgary being ****ed over.

It really would have been a nice compromise. A better package, and you still end up on one of the favorites to win the Cup. Instead, the Flames end up with pretty much just a first rounder.

Not a good one either. Not saying the Bruins' pick would have been much better, however they still would have a blue-chipper to boot.

Terryo24

Feb 4, 2010
He didn't want to be here. So what it is better for us anyway for him to choose a player that doesn't want to play for us destroys our chemistry. Besides we don't even know if it is true could be bob covering his ass. Boston at no time, confirmed any deal with the Flames, in fact, we denied it. Personally I'd like a defenseman to play with Chara.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

Again...If he wanted to go to Pitts and Pitts only why make a list of teams??

GodTukka*

Word's out Chia wanted the first as a conditional. Pittsburgh was offering an unconditional.

This is a tough pill to swallow. Maybe I'll make another drink..

Even tougher pill to swallow? When the Bruins trade Koko for Ryan Clowe who does nothing and they get bounced in the first round.

the way she ****in' goes....

Don't go in on Clowe

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

I think the guaranteed 1st rounder was a really big sticking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad