Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Dude... you're better than this. There is no conspiracy going on haha

A writer (and a few others) tweeted out the link, did you not see we had like 2,000 people in here?

I'm not better than anything tonight bud. :) I spend 10mins on the phone giving my Flames bud the gears about how bad they got taken by the Bs --yuuuuuup, get to eat crow on that one now. :laugh::laugh:

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Shero had a card to play and he played it. That's what happens when you have the two best players in hockey.

BTW guys

My apologies for the thread jumping, been a rough night.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not better than anything tonight bud. :) I spend 10mins on the phone giving my Flames bud the gears about how bad they got taken by the Bs --yuuuuuup, get to eat crow on that one now. :laugh::laugh:

My roommate is a Pens fan.

Texted him how excited I was that we were gonna stomp them.

Whoopsie daisies.

GodTukka*

Shero had a card to play and he played it. That's what happens when you have the two best players in hockey.

BTW guys

My apologies for the thread jumping, been a rough night.

We all feel it man, a mutually assured feeling of butthurt

And all of it is justified

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
One positive perhaps:

The deal between Pittsburgh and Calgary had 4 objects (3 players and a draft pick)

4-1= 3

Half Life 3 confirmed? >_>

Tweet it as official.

Apparently that is how things work now that this world has Twitter. No one confirms anything with legit sources before they say everything is final.

And if it is wrong all you have to do is say someone hacked your twitter or you apologize bad "anonymous" source.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
dark day in Bruins history. this one stings

**** you igninla

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I laughed. I really did.

"Something is amiss." You don't say. :laugh:

Previous link to the nhl.com page announcing Iginla to Boston

Trololololol_zps0429bdcb.png

The Calgary Flames have traded their captain and all-time scoring leader, Jarome Iginla, to the Boston Bruins, TSN’s Aaron Ward reported late Wednesday night.

Iginla, 35, has nine goals and 22 points this season for the struggling Flames. He has played his entire NHL career in Calgary, scoring 525 goals with the Flames. He had played 441 consecutive games before the Flames scratched him Wednesday night for a game against the Colorado Avalanche. He had appeared in every game for Calgary since April 8, 2007.

Iginla will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

It is unknown at this time what the Flames will receive in exchange.

More to come.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6624 ... l:topheads

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Ugh. As if I didn't already hate the penguins enough. He was like my favorite non-Bruin.

ObsessedCreative*

my bad, dont get your jimmies rustled

regardless, if they do get Iggy again it could only be for a year cause boy those two will be pricey espeially with letang making only 3.5 mil

Whatever helps you sleep at night... :laugh:

Malkin will wind up with a 8.7 cap hit

Letang should be locked up for about 6 millionish / year for a long while.

Will be totally fine. sorry :)

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Embarassing pro athletes would choose to play in a piece of **** city like Pittsburgh over Boston, certainly doesn't reflect well on the organization having two well respected veterans turn you down in 72 hours..

Can understand guys being disappointed... but am not getting the hate. He chose to go play with two of the best centers in the game today.

Ultimately it was still Iginla blowing it up, but if that report about Chia wanting that 1st to be a conditional was the reason Shero's deal was even considered, he deserves to be fired 100%.

People are all making the assumption that Iggy nixed the deal. But if that 1st that Boston offered really was conditional, then no wonder Boston didn't get him. I was talking to my buddy during the Calgary game today (he's a flames fan) and he was pretty disappointed with the Boston offer... especially after he saw it was a reported conditional pick. And to be honest I don't blame him.

Malkin and Letang are UFA's too

Not gonna be a pretty off season in Pittsburgh I reckon

Not this summer. They're signed through next year. Pens have a full 15 months to get deals done. If they want to sign Iggy, it wouldn't be hard to do and still keep their other stars and some depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm going to be rooting for pittsburgh to get bounced in the first round even more than I will be rooting for the habs to get bounced.

I hate the Pens. I hate the Habs. I really hope they do not meet each other in the playoffs-I won't be able to root for either team.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
I laughed. I really did.

"Something is amiss." You don't say. :laugh:

Previous link to the nhl.com page announcing Iginla to Boston

Trololololol_zps0429bdcb.png

This is the kind of ****ing ******** that I'm sick of. If I was that wrong as my job and people found out about it I would be fired faster than you can say Sorry.

But all these ****ing buffoons in the media can just say whatever the **** they want and hide behind their "anonymous" sources and their "reports" of things.

Then you have sites like THE NHL'S OWN ****ING WEBSITE, posting **** as official before either of the two ****ing teams confirm it. It is disgusting.

Seriously, it is why the media is a ****ing joke today.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If I see Ales Hemsky in a Bruins uniform I am going to vomit.

Too much hate for this guy, I predict if he was traded to the Bruins, people in Boston would like his game a lot. Insane skill level, six years younger than Iginla, at this stage, they're probably fairly equal as Iginla has lost a step.

The problem with stopping Pittsburgh was always the one two punch of Crosby-Malkin of course.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I hate the Pens. I hate the Habs. I really hope they do not meet each other in the playoffs-I won't be able to root for either team.

Hopefully they both get bounced in the first round. I hate them both but I want the Penguins to choke hard. Like get swept by the 8th seed. I know it won't happen but GOD I hated them so much before and now I can't even find it in my heart to root for a guy that I really loved.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Dear Jay, I see it all now it was wrong
Don't you think 48's too young to be played by
Your dark twisted games when I loved Jarome so
I should've known

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad