Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Seriously though, this doesn't deserve it's own thread. He's not and never has been Boston Bruins property, so this doesn't deserve a sticky.

GodTukka*

St. Louis is gonna cost a hell of a lot, if Stevie Y is smart enough, he baits Boston into kicking the ties and then jacking the price right the hell up to see if he can catch Chiarelli in a vulnerable spot after this gong show

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Would be ok with this.

ANYTHING but some ****ing Rolston type move.

Streit? sure, St. Louis? you betcha, Jagr? Dah

But not a god damn plug

Damn right....but I can guaranteed Chiarelli will go right back to his patented "The prices were to high (lol yeah look at what Iginla got)" and pull off another **** move that doesn't help us get any closer to a cup and we get another 1 round elimination.

Honestly, that was the reason I was so happy to get Iginla. Because it meant we were adding someone who could make a really good impact. Something we never do, but we have needed to do.

Now we are being publicly mocked. Spurned by the best players. No one wants to play for us. Our team is playing like ****.

This ****ing sucks.

GodTukka*

Seriously though, this doesn't deserve it's own thread. He's not and never has been Boston Bruins property, so this doesn't deserve a sticky.

Whatever, the point is we got screwed.

Let it stick and use it as a vent

Kurplunk

Nov 30, 2010
Edmonton
Dude... you're better than this. There is no conspiracy going on haha

A writer (and a few others) tweeted out the link, did you not see we had like 2,000 people in here?

If I had not checked TSN/NHL before I slept, I woulda been in the dark..
Seems like a cruel ****ing joke,,
Or just strange..

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
St. Louis is gonna cost a hell of a lot, if Stevie Y is smart enough, he baits Boston into kicking the ties and then jacking the price right the hell up to see if he can catch Chiarelli in a vulnerable spot after this gong show

Honestly....I'd pay whatever they asked for as long as it didn't include Seguin or Hamilton.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Pittsburgh isn't going to be able to re-sign him after the season.

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!" That's probably how Shero felt about the whole thing lol. Poor Flames though, reaaaaally could've chosen Bennett, Harrington or Maatta but out of everyone, two unsigned prospects. Tsk tsk tsk.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
I'm sure we have all this capspace to hold onto.. What your seeing play out on the ice right now too is what happens when your GM literally doesn't make one off-season move. Not wise to bank on being able to upgrade your team mid-season.. Chiarelli getting taking to the woodshed by Shero..

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Server overload at 2am while all of the East Coast and Toronto and Montreal sleeps? Ya, I doubt it. No biggie, I just won't bother breaking news in the future if we have a mod that wants to start all the threads himself. Waste of time to make a thread about something that is just going to be shut down (I'm in a little bit of a foul mood tonight as you may surmise).

Colt you think Chia has anything up his sleeve as a backup in case this happened? I respect your opinion more than 95% of this board.

I myself think he had all his eggs in the Iginla basket. We might see a second tier forward who improves the third line, but that's the extent.

I feel like Shero showed over the last week why he is top dog when it comes to GM's. He saw a weakness of leadership, grit, and depth on defense, and solved each issue without giving up a whole lot. And he still had a better prospect pool then Chiarelli IMO after the trades.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Sens fans and Sens are the only division team i like.

Maybe as a consolation the Sens will send us Alfredsson. That would be a huge win and make up for the giant FU from Iginla and Feaster. :naughty:

But really-Chia does need to make some moves that don't depend on the Yeti showing up to play.

Not sure what is out there, but surely the flipping Pens can't steal anymore Bruins targets out from under Chia's nose.

I hate the Pens. I hate it that they won again. I hate it that they have a truckload of good players and want more.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I would probably get banned for saying all the bad things I want to happen to Jarome Iginla right now so I won't. But it is really bad.

I'm kinda mad.

Simply put I would prefer something along the lines of what Matt Cooke does on a regular basis happen to some Pens stars (or all of them). Let the Bruins put a career ending head shot on Crosby, Iginla, or Malkin and we'll be even. **** that franchise, any awful things that come their way will be thoroughly deserved and frankly long overdue.

GodTukka*

Pittsburgh isn't going to be able to re-sign him after the season.

You wanna bet?

Ray Shero is a certified genius (despite how much i can't stand Pittsburgh) he'll find a god damn way

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
I'm going to be rooting for pittsburgh to get bounced in the first round even more than I will be rooting for the habs to get bounced.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
I'm sure we have all this capspace to hold onto.. What your seeing play out on the ice right now too is what happens when your GM literally doesn't make one off-season move. Not wise to bank on being able to upgrade your team mid-season.. Chiarelli getting taking to the woodshed by Shero..
If Chiarelli inherited the 2 best players in the league, players would choose Chiarelli's team over Shero's as well. Has nothing to do with the GM.

GodTukka*

One positive perhaps:

The deal between Pittsburgh and Calgary had 4 objects (3 players and a draft pick)

4-1= 3

Half Life 3 confirmed? >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: