Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
Chia's presser will air live on NESN in 10 minutes.

Time for some real truth :laugh:

Part of me hopes he's had enough time to calm down, and the other part of me hopes he comes absolutely unglued.

Either way, you know the Boston media aren't going to lob soft balls at em. We're getting more answers 1 way or the other.

2011 Stanley cup

Jan 9, 2012
Happy iginla isnt a Bruins, The pens become way slower with their last 3 players, thats a good news. Chia can found something better elsewhere, we need speed and scoring touch, not grit and reputation.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Yeah, I place zero blame on Chia for this one. He cut a fair deal and started physically moving players in good faith. If they wanted more and weren't happy with the haul, Chia would have had another shot at improving the give side. This was not a real negotiation. Totally snowed our boy.
Yup, only question is who did it: Iginla or Feaster? I'm thinking it was Iginla just based on McKenzie's report and I have a hard time believing Feaster could be THAT dumb to just completely ruin a relationship with Chia and his associates while still getting ***** in the butt in his trade with PIT.

But if it's Feaster then I'm really hoping Chiarelli puts fat boy on blast in a couple minutes. It's the only thing that could make me feel better after that kick...no, check that, sledgehammer to the balls from last night. I still can't believe this happened. Especially the way it happened, no warning from the media, I'm watching Feaster's press conference fully expecting him to announce the deal with the Bruins and the words "Pittsburgh Penguins" come out.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Habs fan in peace. Probably nothing Chia could do about that. Iginla had a NTC and knew where he wanted to go. Your team is pretty solid as is. You are a contender without Iginla.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Yeah, I place zero blame on Chia for this one. He cut a fair deal and started physically moving players in good faith. If they wanted more and weren't happy with the haul, Chia would have had another shot at improving the give side. This was not a real negotiation. Totally snowed our boy.

Oh yeah. He, and we, got ****in worked. And, the result was a whopping 2 college players no one has ever heard of other than their parents.

I'm supposed to feel like **** if someone rocks Sidney "glass jaw" Crosby?

When the wind blows south, the laughter they hear will be me. Especially when they get moved and become the Terran Centrifuges. Unless they win the lottery again for the 14th time.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Flames take a worse deal to send Iggy where he want's to go. Bad move for Business but I guess it's a class move for the guy who was the heart of their team for years.

Now I am going to be in a bad mood all day.

The Pittsburgh deal had a legitimate 1st rounder in it, not conditional, I think that put the offer above in Calgary's eyes.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Sometimes that big rental player doesn't get you there anyways. You guys might be better off with those prospects. And you are already a contender anyways. Bruins play a good tough team game and that's what will bring them success, not a big splash at the deadline. Reminds me a bit of when Marian Hossa was supposed to be a hab. :P

But anyways, I think you guys could eliminate the Pens. You have good D. Their defense is weaker. In the playoffs, the Pens will face tougher opposition. Teams will play a defensive-minded game against them and the wins will not come as easy for them as they are right now.

Last edited:

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
The Pittsburgh deal had a legitimate 1st rounder in it, not conditional, I think that put the offer above in Calgary's eyes.

Feaster told Chia that they had won the "sweepstakes" for the player. They had a deal in place, but Feaster informed Chia that they were going to give Iginla "some space" with it out of respect for him. Calgary preferred Boston's offer, based on the prospects involved most likely. The conditional part of the 1st was Iginla re-signing with Boston. It was reported that he wanted to re-sing wherever he went, so I think that would have worked out. This was not Calgary, this was Iginla. If Iginla was not going to accept a trade to Boston if they offered the best deal, then they should never have been on the the list. It never should have gotten as far as it did.

edit: In other news, I'm over this...moving on. Let's go Bruins! Let's go Bruins! Let's go Bruins!

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Feaster told Chia that they had won the "sweepstakes" for the player. They had a deal in place, but Feaster informed Chia that they were going to give Iginla "some space" with it out of respect for him. Calgary preferred Boston's offer, based on the prospects involved most likely. The conditional part of the 1st was Iginla re-signing with Boston. It was reported that he wanted to re-sing wherever he went, so I think that would have worked out. This was not Calgary, this was Iginla. If Iginla was not going to accept a trade to Boston if they offered the best deal, then they should never have been on the the list. It never should have gotten as far as it did.

edit: In other news, I'm over this...moving on. Let's go Bruins! Let's go Bruins! Let's go Bruins!

Not returning a call after 5 pm is negiotiating in bad faith, as well as not being allowed to talk to the player...who knows if Chia could have convinced him? Or Neely? The answer is that Calgary knew around 2 pm that Iginla only wanted Pittsburgh and allowed everything to leak out so that the Pens would up their offer. In the end Shero probably said something to the effect of let Boston have him...

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well if Iginla was that happy to leave the Bruins with the drawers down I am glad he is a Pen now anyway.

I totally get wanting to be Pen over the Bruins if that's what he wanted, but he should have elminated the Bruins from his list if he wasn't willing to play here.

Sounds like Iginla screwed the Bruins quite happily and Feaster.

Now I hope Chia can work some other deal, but looks like Inginla has fixed so he operates from a position of weakness-we'll see what happens.

I hope the Pens lose in the first round.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Not returning a call after 5 pm is negiotiating in bad faith, as well as not being allowed to talk to the player...who knows if Chia could have convinced him? Or Neely? The answer is that Calgary knew around 2 pm that Iginla only wanted Pittsburgh and allowed everything to leak out so that the Pens would up their offer. In the end Shero probably said something to the effect of let Boston have him...

Did this time line come from the Flames or Bruins or both?

If this is the case that whole organization were dirt bags.

Since Chia couldn't work a deal does this mean Daugavin can come and replace Pandolfo at least? The worst thing to come out of this deal is that the Bruins still have to put Pandolfo on the ice.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Was the conditional first that the Bruins offered 2013 or 2014? I ask this because if it is conditional on Iginla re-signing, then it would be 2014, no?

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital

I don't let Feaster off the hook here. You're right, the way they went about this is disgraceful, and I did write earlier that Boston was kept on this list in part to leverage the Penguins, but I do believe that if it was just about the offer, Iginla would be in Boston. I do believe Feaster preferred the Boston offer. You don't let another GM go through the trouble of scratching two young players and telling them that they have been traded as part of a negotiating tactic. At least I hope not. If that was the case, and this was a calculated move by Feaster, then he doesn't deserve to be in the position that he is in. It came down to Iginla and the unique position he holds in that organization. They went back to him with the Boston deal, and he told them he wanted Pittsburgh.

bruins04

Mar 3, 2007
Was the conditional first that the Bruins offered 2013 or 2014? I ask this because if it is conditional on Iginla re-signing, then it would be 2014, no?

@HackswithHaggs 5m
Peter Chiarelli confirmed it was a "firm" 1st round pick offered along w/Khokhlachev and Bartkowski. Not conditional as previously reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese