Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Spoken like a tool that laughs and ridicules someone for voicing an unpopular, yet knowledgable opinion.

It's been said ad nauseum..

No one is pissed that he picked Pittsburgh over Boston.. that was the premise of his post. No one is sitting here thinking that Feaster or Iginla owed us, as fans, ANYTHING.

The way it went down was bush league. You say you will waive your NTC to a short list of teams.. when your GM strikes a deal with one of those teams, you ****ing go. I don't care if it's your "right" to nix the deal at the last second. That's bull ****. Bad form and again, bush.

If people are taking this in stride, that's great.. but there's an actual reason we're "butthurt" and it has nothing to do Iginla wanting to play with Crosby versus Krejci. Next time, leave Boston of your ****ing shortlist.

The Lollipop King

4th Line = all heart
Mar 9, 2008
Canada

No one is pissed that he picked Pittsburgh over Boston.. that was the premise of his post. No one is sitting here thinking that Feaster or Iginla owed us, as fans, ANYTHING.

The way it went down was bush league. You say you will waive your NTC to a short list of teams.. when your GM strikes a deal with one of those teams, you ****ing go. I don't care if it's your "right" to nix the deal at the last second. That's bull ****. Bad form and again, bush.

If people are taking this in stride, that's great.. but there's an actual reason we're "butthurt" and it has nothing to do Iginla wanting to play with Crosby versus Krejci. Next time, leave Boston of your ****ing shortlist.

Players with NTC's have the right to do what they want. He played 16 years for Calgary and doesn't owe them anything with all he has done. The situation sounds like he gave a list of four teams, and let Feaster see what offer's he could get for him. When he saw that the Boston offer was similar in value to the Penquins offer then he obviously would choose the team that he thought had the best bet of winning. If the offer from Boston, or the other team interested in Iginla was a lot better than what the Penquins offered that I would bet Iginla would do whats best for the Flames.

Don't blame Iginla for going to another team, blame that fat **** Aaron Ward for trying to show off by being first to announce a trade when it was never set in stone.

jasonbaz77*

Players with NTC's have the right to do what they want. He played 16 years for Calgary and doesn't owe them anything with all he has done. The situation sounds like he gave a list of four teams, and let Feaster see what offer's he could get for him. When he saw that the Boston offer was similar in value to the Penquins offer then he obviously would choose the team that he thought had the best bet of winning. If the offer from Boston, or the other team interested in Iginla was a lot better than what the Penquins offered that I would bet Iginla would do whats best for the Flames.

Don't blame Iginla for going to another team, blame that fat **** Aaron Ward for trying to show off by being first to announce a trade when it was never set in stone.

I blame Iginla for having zero integrity.

That said- I don't give a @#$ about the Penguins getting a guy for a couple of months. Color me bored.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm just disgusted by the whole thing.

Disgusted.

I have no issue with Chia whatsoever. If I was him I'd be wearing a cast from punching a wall.

member 96824

After a decent night rest, and a full day of work, I still stand by my Scott, macdermid, mcgratten, rinaldo proposal.

And I PRAY we poach every god damn player shero ever goes for again.

GodTukka*

You were the chosen one iggy!

You were supposed to bring balance to the bruins, not leave it in darkness!

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Just got home from work and there was a package waiting for me.

It is my "KEEP CALM AND BERGERON" tshirt.

lol...

:laugh:

Physical HABuse

Nov 3, 2002
Mississauga
Visit site

Well, both the Pittsburgh deal and Boston deal were likely forged concurrently, both teams being on Iginla's short list. So Feaster probably told Iginla, "THIS is what's on the table...which team are you choosing?" He chose Pittsburgh. Bad form would have been if the Boston deal was forged and Iginla said...."No thanks."....forcing Calgary to seek deals with other teams. I don't think it went down like that though because it all happened over such a short period of time. As for the short list, you just never know which of those teams on that list would make offers, or if there would even be more than one. However, in his mind he still likely prioritized each of those possible destinations. It's kinda like Montreal every year in free agency where it seems like we're on everybody's list.....but because of weather, taxes, language, or whatever...it's seemingly always as a 3rd or 4th team, and so we somehow always miss out on the elite players. On to the next available guy.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Well, both the Pittsburgh deal and Boston deal were likely forged concurrently, both teams being on Iginla's short list. So Feaster probably told Iginla, "THIS is what's on the table...which team are you choosing?" .

Highly improbable.

Why even entertain Pittsburgh's offer? Any other GM in the league would have hung up the phone. And even if that was the case, you don't call up a GM and tell them "done deal" if you're going to Iginla and asking "which team are you choosing"?

The understanding between Feaster and Chia was that these two clubs worked out a deal because Boston was on Iginla's short list of teams he'd waive his NTC to go to.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009
I'm pretty unhappy with how Feaster played this, because it puts Chiarelli in a bad situation regarding Koko and Bart.

Same here. Don't have a problem with Iginla choosing Pens over Bruins, but the way it went down. I'm sure those 2 are just thrilled.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Shady dealing to be for sure. I'm not too mad at Iginla though. If a Cup is his primary goal at this stage in his career then he made the choice that he thought could best help him meet that goal. Can't blame a guy for looking out for himself, especially after playing on crap team after crap team at Cal. This will just make the Bos Pit rivalry even more intense, and the victory even sweeter.

averagealex

Jul 24, 2011
Boston
I don't think you can blame Iginla for choosing Pittsburgh, but I really don't like the way this whole thing went down. It just reeks of sketchiness, and I'm sure somewhere along the line somebody failed to honor their word. Based on everything I've read about it so far, it seems like Feaster misled Chiarelli in a rather gutless way.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
It's been interesting listening to Iggy talking about this, talks more about playing with individual players than joining the team.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If Iggy wanted a chance to play with Crosby, why the heck didn't he just say to Feaster I only want to play for them? Why string us along until the very end only to choose them? When he knee it all along.

Waste of our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->