Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
Classless. Sorry. Flames and Iginla used Boston and other teams to try to drive up the price of the offers, but all all along Iginla wanted to go to the Penguins and play with "the 2 best players in the world", and the Flames knew this. No question in my mind now after hearing Iginla and the way he answered questions.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I think SOMETHING has to be happening behind the scenes. It would be one thing if it was no harm, no foul.. but players and prospects were benched because of an impending deal. That doesn't happen every day... or ever for that matter.

Chia and Neely have to be furious right now.

Yup, your hand has been shown for the world to see.

It affects your prospects.
It affects your other potential targets.

If I was Neely, I would be right along side Chia at that table

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Iggy said at his Press Conference that he couldn't pass up an opportunity to play with Sid & Malkin; ie. he had no intention of going anywhere else.

In a round about way, he did the NBA's James on Cleveland to the Bruins.

I guess it shows that in situations like this, the bidding teams ,before they make a proposal, need a commitment from the NMC player that he is willing to come to your team.

Wonderful, and here I thought Iggy was a standup guy, if he had no intention to go anywhere, wouldn`t the right thing to do was to tell Feaster just that, and not have this teams GM pull both Bart and Koko puffs out of the lineup which, as Kypreos and Maclean have mentioned, doesn`t happen unless deals are in place.

Sorry, Iggy is free to choose where he goes, I would have respected him more had he said I had Boston/Kings/Chicago on my list of teams but Pitt was where I wanted to go

Feels like he was giving Feaster a goodbye to heck with ya. Looking like Feaster had every intention on dealing with Chia then Iggy put the stop to it. To heck with you Iggy

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine

Yeah but those are some pretty average/below average prospects. Koko is an elite prospect while those two guys probably wont ever play a game in the NHL.

Those two would be something like Sauve and Tardif from us.

I wish we got Iginla for a late first, Sauve and Tardif too. Oh well. This will suck for a day or two but I'll be over it pretty quick.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

People who played at Yale and St. Cloud State.

Some real powerhouses there....

Koko was lighting the ****ing OHL up and has started playing MENS hockey now.

Our offer was significantly better. Those guys don't even crack the Penguins top prospect lists. My roommate is a die hard Pens fan and he said that the offer was ******** compared to the Bruins. That is pretty telling to me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Classless. Sorry. Flames and Iginla used Boston and other teams to try to drive up the price of the offers, but all all along Iginla wanted to go to the Penguins and play with "the 2 best players in the world", and the Flames knew this. No question in my mind now after hearing Iginla and the way he answered questions.

I still don`t see this as a Feaster screwing over Chia, I`d wager that Feaster was as caught off guard when Iggy said "nope, it`s now Pitt or bust" as we all were and every media person too

Feaster`s not ever going to be confused with a Mensa GM, however, even he could see the return Boston tabled has a far better chance of yielding players who will one day play a role

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This whole this sucks big time

Sucks yes, it smells even worse. Never been a conspiracy guy except when the Habs are involved but.......

My biggest beef and what, if I were an NHL head office exec be asking Feaster is, if a deal was not in place, why did Chiarelli make 2 players who would have been playing last night healthy scratches

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
LeBrun makes it sound like if we upped the ante that Feaster could have got him to play here?

so you are saying Iginla is going to decide where his best chance to win a cup and move his family based on the Bruins maybe throwing in Brian Ferlin so he is flattered more.

The Pens gave them 2 UNDRAFTED PLAYERS and a draft pick likely in the last 6.

I'll go by Koko being rated 12th in Red Line overall his draft year, and Hockey News 11th; plus Kirk's ratings.

I would not trade Koko for that Penguins offer; had these college kids been sure things Shero would have offered one of his many, many defense prospects

You know what the best thing about all this is it will pass and the Bruins will be fine. I been a season ticket holder over 30 years and this is one of if not the best organizations and rosters, farm groups and many fans act like they are the Columbus Blue Jackets.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so you are saying Iginla is going to decide where his best chance to win a cup and move his family based on the Bruins maybe throwing in Brian Ferlin so he is flattered more.

I'll go by Koko being rated 12th in Red Line overall his draft year, and Hockey News 11th; plus Kirk's ratings.

I would not trade Koko for that Penguins offer; had these college kids been sure things Shero would have offered one of his many, many defense prospects

You know what the best thing about all this is it will pass and the Bruins will be fine. I been a season ticket holder over 30 years and this is one of if not the best organizations and rosters, farm groups and many fans act like they are the Columbus Blue Jackets.

May I piggyback on your sentiments? Great post

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
If Iginla's only choice was the Pens, why did he gave a list with 4 teams he would accept a trade in the 1st place? Is there any honesty left in pro sports these days?:shakehead

**** that bald mother****er and his stupid Pens. May they all burn in hell!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I still don`t see this as a Feaster screwing over Chia, I`d wager that Feaster was as caught off guard when Iggy said "nope, it`s now Pitt or bust" as we all were and every media person too

Feaster`s not ever going to be confused with a Mensa GM, however, even he could see the return Boston tabled has a far better chance of yielding players who will one day play a role

yah me to, and the point guy was John Weisbrod who was with Boston the last 6 years as Collegiate Scouting and Pro Director.

Yah, Feaster screwed him over:laugh:

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Iginla is so classy my ass, he just ****ed over the Flames and their fan base big time.

If I was a Flames fan, I would be livid with this BS.

Really?

I'm a Flames fan living in Boston, and I was ecstatic to have Jarome in Boston to chase the Cup. That said he has the NMC in his contract and went where he felt the most comfortable, as shocking as it may be to all of you. So good for him.

Honestly both returns were meh, that's not the point. Iginla has transcended the Flames franchise the last couple years for me. Nothing on the table is going to replace him, simple as that, and frankly the franchise is ****ed either way. Some of us less spoiled fans understand we have no control over hockey ops and I am glad he is going to play where he wants to play. He has earned the right not to be treated like a faceless commodity sold to the highest bidder. But I would have loved to him have in Boston.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I'm not saying it, I was wondering if LeBrun was saying it...he was certainly intimating it.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
REALITY ALERT.....REALITY ALERT....REALITY ALERT....

The roll the pens were on, success they've had this year, playing w/ the two best players in the world.

He chose Crosby over David Krejci. Malkin over Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA