Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
To clarify for the listening impaired: the first round pick Chia offered Calgary WAS NOT conditional. Repeat, it WAS NOT conditional.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Did this time line come from the Flames or Bruins or both?

If this is the case that whole organization were dirt bags.

Since Chia couldn't work a deal does this mean Daugavin can come and replace Pandolfo at least? The worst thing to come out of this deal is that the Bruins still have to put Pandolfo on the ice.

Said at noon yesterday they had a verbal agreement. Chia asked for permission to talk to Iginla, didn't get it. Both sides later agreed to scratch their players. Was told they (Calgary) wanted to give Iginla time to take it in. Started to go south at 5pm.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Did this time line come from the Flames or Bruins or both?

If this is the case that whole organization were dirt bags.

Since Chia couldn't work a deal does this mean Daugavin can come and replace Pandolfo at least? The worst thing to come out of this deal is that the Bruins still have to put Pandolfo on the ice.

Chia mentioned the 5 pm thing on the press conference...but on the other hand the Bruins screwed up by not getting it in writing.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
To clarify for the listening impaired: the first round pick Chia offered Calgary WAS NOT conditional. Repeat, it WAS NOT conditional.

You're wasting your breath, I've been having to drill into the heads of some fans that it was Iginla's choice this morning...not because of lack of compensation. Those fans will still believe that Chia is just covering his ass and it really was a conditional pick.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Well if Iginla was that happy to leave the Bruins with the drawers down I am glad he is a Pen now anyway.

I totally get wanting to be Pen over the Bruins if that's what he wanted, but he should have elminated the Bruins from his list if he wasn't willing to play here.

Sounds like Iginla screwed the Bruins quite happily and Feaster.

Now I hope Chia can work some other deal, but looks like Inginla has fixed so he operates from a position of weakness-we'll see what happens.

I hope the Pens lose in the first round.

Yup, I usually root against them anyway, but my hatred for them has increased ten-fold. I hope that some team like the Rangers gets hot right at the end but stays in the 8 spot, and embarrasses the Penguins in the first round as MAF lets in 4+ a game. I also hope the Penguins have become the Miami Heat of the NHL, hated by every fan of every team and virtually on a self-created island. I might be blinded by my Bruins-hatred of them right now, but how can a fan outside of Pittsburgh (and not wearing Iginla jammies) possibly not want them to crash and burn in every imaginable way?

2011 Stanley cup

Jan 9, 2012
I can only imagine a photo of Iginla with the cup .....along with Matt Batkowski who bring it in his hometown pittsburgh for celebration of the Bruins cup :yo:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not going to disagree with you at all. It went down one of two ways:

1) Feaster played Boston all along
or
2) Iginla played Calgary all along

But then again.. if the Iginla family knew he was going to Pitt at 5 ****ing PM last night.. that means the two sides were in contact in an unprofessional level feeding information.. One has to assume this was Iginla talking to a player (Crosby?) and saying something along the lines of "Yeah, I told Feaster I only want to go to Pittsburgh so hopefully I'll be there soon! <3" ... Then Crosby goes to Shero, tells him this.. and Shero stands pat on his ****ing garbage offer.

All the while Feaster and Chiarelli are hammering out the details of a deal.

Really hope this isn't true because that is bush league.. it also has to be illegal under the CBA, right?

Here’s a quote from a Calgary fan on HFboards:

“Clearly Iggy had the last call on this deal, The deal from the Bruins was the better deal, but they were only there to drive the price up on the Pens. As Iggy always had his heart sent on going with the Pens.
Good luck Iggy all the best. Look forward to you signing with the Flames in the summer.
Go get your cup!!! You deserve it.â€

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Here’s a quote from a Calgary fan on HFboards:

“Clearly Iggy had the last call on this deal, The deal from the Bruins was the better deal, but they were only there to drive the price up on the Pens. As Iggy always had his heart sent on going with the Pens.
Good luck Iggy all the best. Look forward to you signing with the Flames in the summer.
Go get your cup!!! You deserve it.â€

God I hope they lose in the 1st round and Feaster is fired and Iggy returns to Calgary

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I'm surprised Flames fans are taking this pretty lightly.

As am I. I mean, we all understand exactly what it is to put up with and concede our player for his chance of going for a cup. But when that player is currently the face of the franchise, I'd like to get more than a couple AHLers and a late first round pick .I mean we all know Iggy's reasons for doing it, and it's a shame he played up, but Feaster's definitely the only person who truly loses in this. I mean I know we don't get Iginila, which ****ings blows. However we are still a contender and that's where it sits. It's more motivation for our team to go out there, and now the pressure's off. It's all on the Pens which is ultimately the silver lining. Plus Chia still has alot in case he wants to make a move.

Feaster really just screwed himself letting Iginla dictate the terms. Cost of doing business I guess except he really did give Iggy free reign to dictate the terms. THAT'S why Flames fans should really be mad. You never let one of your employees do that. No right minded executive should. Yes I know Iginla had final say. However this was clearly a decision Iggy was making up, otherwise he would have been dealt sooner. If anything they should have kept Iggy, instead of such a poor return and instead, Feaster just sets the Flames organization even further back. They don't get a decent prospect and a crappy pick. As much as we were trolled, Iggy did the same to the Flames rebuild. Feaster's truly a terrible GM.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
Pens can't resign iginla unless they want to lose Malkin or Letang who are both better than iggy at this point. He'll probably resign with Calgary this summer to finish his career.

DocToboggan

Jan 31, 2013
MA
"I'd love to get my first crack at one Cup," said Iginla. "Pittsburgh has the two best players in the world. It's really hard as a player to pass up the opportunity to play on a team with Sid and Malkin."

:facepalm: :whatever:

Last edited:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Listening to Jarome's pc, kinda sounds like Boston played their way out of the sweepstakes. He wanted to play for a true contender to win the Cup. From the time he was asked for "the list", Pittsburgh went on a ridiculous run, destroying everyone in the league (Bruins included). meanwhile, Boston was mediocre at best, while blowing 3rd period leads left, right, center, struggling to score, leaking profusely in the backend... It was his choice. Maybe he should have been the better man and given Calgary a slightly better deal, but in the end, he chose to be selfish. It was his right and can't really fault him for it after all he went through for the organization. He picked the best team. If Boston was the best, or at the very least was challenging, I'm sure he would have accepted coming.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Diminishing his old franchises accomplishments under him already. "First crack at a cup". HAHAHAHAHA, what a joke.

You had a crack at a cup Jarome....you just weren't good enough to lead them all the way through. Even with Kipper having a historic season...

GodTukka*

Chia worked masterful damage control on that presser.

Makes Iginla look like the dirt bag, even made it look like Feaster got played

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Chia worked masterful damage control on that presser.

Makes Iginla look like the dirt bag, even made it look like Feaster got played

He does a really good job at keeping up appearances. Clearly he made a serious play.

Either way, Iggy didn't want to play here. That's fine. All the pressure goes on them now.

Vabeachblue

Dec 5, 2010
Va
Caps fans hate the Pens too, hopefully you guy can beat em in the playoffs. You guys are a respectable team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad