Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
**** Iginla. **** him straight to hell. I hope the hockey gods curse his sticks & skates so he ends up scoring zero points. I hope someone puts IcyHot in his jock strap. I hope his paychecks bounce.

Most of all I hope people now realize what a two faced double dealing son of a ***** this guy is.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
A whole work day and I'm still just as pissed. I've been an Iginla fan since his days with Saint John in the AHL. Stupid ass media getting my hopes up is what makes it feel so crappy.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Still have no idea why Feaster even told Iginla he had an acceptable offer from the Pens..He should have said I have ONE offer I will do...to Boston...make up your mind.
Feaster should've played hardball and said you can either stay here, or you can go to Boston (LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD, ever heard of putting pressure on a guy, Jay?) but I'm not dealing you to Pittsburgh for crap. You do what's best for your franchise first and foremost, not what's best for your franchise player who is leaving town. As if it wasn't bad enough that they messed up the Iginla trade by waiting too many years to do it and finally dealing him when he's a going on 36, declining (though still damn good) UFA to be, then they don't even get the deal that they wanted when they finally do trade him. Just a flat out mess from a Flames perspective.

I actually think he shouldn't even have accepted the Bruins offer just yet. Iginla was by far their #1 target and they weren't going to blow that by trading for someone in advance. That offer was going nowhere, and maybe you even pull a bit more (conditional 2nd, a la Kaberle?) by waiting, telling them PIT is involved. Feaster definitely panicked a bit when Iginla told him he wouldn't go to Boston IMO.

Spoon fed

Nov 28, 2005
You really have to hand it to Shero. He was brilliant in this.

"What is Boston offering?... Hmmm... I have an idea"

Thinks... I'll bet Jerome wants us more than them and Feaster is a ***ing idiot, let's float a couple of "interesting" prospects and our First round pick.

It was BRILLIANT. He bet that Feaster was an absolute MORON that would choose how the player "felt" over what was best for his franchise. Any person on the PLANET with a drop of sales experience would have told Jerome;

"Look, we love you baby, we feel you, but you owe it to the fans and the city to do what's best for the team. Go show Pittsburg that YOU are going to put Boston over the top and take the cup from them. Boston won it 2 years ago, YOU are the piece they need.... Let's call Peter directly now and share the news.."

Feaster is a tool.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
You really have to hand it to Shero. He was brilliant in this.

"What is Boston offering?... Hmmm... I have an idea"

Thinks... I'll bet Jerome wants us more than them and Feaster is a ***ing idiot, let's float a couple of "interesting" prospects and our First round pick.

It was BRILLIANT. He bet that Feaster was an absolute MORON that would choose how the player "felt" over what was best for his franchise. Any person on the PLANET with a drop of sales experience would have told Jerome;

"Look, we love you baby, we feel you, but you owe it to the fans and the city to do what's best for the team. Go show Pittsburg that YOU are going to put Boston over the top and take the cup from them. Boston won it 2 years ago, YOU are the piece they need.... Let's call Peter directly now and share the news.."

Feaster is a tool.

Shero said he went to bed under the impression that Iginla was a Bruin.

Charlie Spazway

Sep 9, 2008
Plymouth Rock
Sooo much whiny butt hurt here. Geez, Iginla owes the Boston fans absolutely nothing! Feaster owes the Bruins absolutely nothing! The deal was not done because nothing was signed. Then and only then is a deal truly done. **** happens, I wanted Iggy here just like everyone else and waking up this morning felt like a swift kick to the testes. But sweet jesus, just because we were on the short list meant we were an option, and we were an option he decided to not take (which he had every right to do). Its not slimy. Its not underhanded. JArome didn't throw all his integrity out the window. He didn't take the "easy way out" by going to the hottest team in the NHL, if you're trying to get a ring THIS year how can you say the Pens aren't the favorite?!? Buck up Bart, the season is not over. The pens 2 best players have injury concerns a mile long. Were clearly not firing on all cylinders and are still one of the top 3 teams in the east.

I'd say the biggest villain in this is my man AWard for announcing a deal that wasn't inked. Now give me Jagr and Streit. This concludes my biannual post, back to lurking and shaking my head

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Can't say I blame Iginla for choosing Pitt...any forward in their right mind would choose to play with the best offensive players in the world.

Hopefully this will light a fire under the boys...morrow chose Pitt, iginla chose Pitt, both over the bruins. Make them both regret it.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Still have no idea why Feaster even told Iginla he had an acceptable offer from the Pens..He should have said I have ONE offer I will do...to Boston...make up your mind.

If It's true that Iginla was talking to Crosby, Feaster may have been backed into a corner there.

Of course.. if he had any balls, Feaster just would have gone "nope.. nothing from Pittsburgh. Just Boston"

I'm guessing Iginla pulled a diva move and demanded he find something..ANYTHING from Pittsburgh otherwise he wasn't going anywhere. Feaster, in a panic, gets whatever he can from Shero. Shero, having talked with Crosby, knew to offer a pile of ****.

It all comes down to Crosby.. kind of like the 3 ways to Kevin Bacon.

granted, the latter of that theory is more conspiracy theorist than anything.. but the gist of it I would be willing to bet is accurate.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Sooo much whiny butt hurt here. Geez, Iginla owes the Boston fans absolutely nothing! Feaster owes the Bruins absolutely nothing! The deal was not done because nothing was signed. Then and only then is a deal truly done. **** happens, I wanted Iggy here just like everyone else and waking up this morning felt like a swift kick to the testes. But sweet jesus, just because we were on the short list meant we were an option, and we were an option he decided to not take (which he had every right to do). Its not slimy. Its not underhanded. JArome didn't throw all his integrity out the window. He didn't take the "easy way out" by going to the hottest team in the NHL, if you're trying to get a ring THIS year how can you say the Pens aren't the favorite?!? Buck up Bart, the season is not over. The pens 2 best players have injury concerns a mile long. Were clearly not firing on all cylinders and are still one of the top 3 teams in the east.

I'd say the biggest villain in this is my man AWard for announcing a deal that wasn't inked. Now give me Jagr and Streit. This concludes my biannual post, back to lurking and shaking my head

Spoken like someone who has no idea what the **** is going on :laugh:

BFronte

Mar 28, 2013

Oh man, I would love to get Jagr. He's old, but I have loved him since I was just a kid. Seriously a great veteran, and I think we can use him more than that idiot Pandolfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->