Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I watched the last Iowa game and Knight looked very good- put a guy out of for the game with a clean hit called an elbow:laugh:

havent seen Phillips yet but I hope he's as good as Cassidy is telling people he is.

Boston could use another young forward and his stats are trending towards bringing him back- plus he went to Lawrence Academy

And before that Eaglebrook in Deerfield as well I believe?

I will always root for a kid who went to school in Western MA! :D

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Warning!!! Reactionary post

So everything I say is unbiased and Dom says is correct?

Who has a secret agenda ?

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

Which reminds me I watched the Iowa - Utica game on AHL live

Knight had the best hit- destroyed Peter Andersson putting him out with a great open ice hit in the corner

His in-game decision making was excellent
No, everything you say concerning Knight is biased. And I heard Dom makes errors as well, though I never witnessed any. ;) All I'm saying is I'll take an objective, unbiased opinion over one filled with agenda & conspiracy 24/7. :)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No, everything you say concerning Knight is biased. And I heard Dom makes errors as well, though I never witnessed any. ;) All I'm saying is I'll take an objective, unbiased opinion over one filled with agenda & conspiracy 24/7. :)

REACTIONARY ALERT!!!!

Good because out of all the anti-I hope Knight fails so I can look right, you are one of the best guys here excluding that black mark;)

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
REACTIONARY ALERT!!!!

Good because out of all the anti-I hope Knight fails so I can look right, you are one of the best guys here excluding that black mark;)

Don't know who "Black Mark" is, but I'm not anti Knight. Would've loved for him to succeed in Boston to continue Burke's karma gift. Now I have to hope Phillips develops into something. That makes it 3 firsts for kessel :yo: Anyways, carry on.

ripley

Nov 14, 2008
REACTIONARY REPLY, WARNING, WIL ROBINSON, WARNING!!!!

From the moment I saw Willy Wonka I wanted to be a pimp. I wanted to wear a hat like that, have a bad ass cane, eat chocolate all day and have a bunch of playmates in rabbit ears wearing nothing but chocolate.

I was going to call them my Chocolate Bunnies and try and to overthrow the Easter Bunny or atleast take over the adult market for....ahem, older kids:naughty:

and for those who allergic to chocolate I had an idea for marshmello looking baby chicks

but Willy Wonka was the ultimate pimp and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Sooo...Roald Dahl didn't write Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...Iceberg Slim did...??

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
When did he have these opportunities?

Seems odd to me that an organization would allow a minor league coach to play ECHL refugees over a former 2nd rd pick. Sounds like said coach had a major gripe and or bias against the player .

At every practice, Every Game, Every player has an opportunity to show what they can do.

Sounds to me a former 2nd rd pick was not up to the task!!! Shocking i know!!!!

Must be someone else's fault.
Let's blame the coach that plays 6 rd picks and undrafted players OVER a former 2nd rd pick.

Let's play the players by draft order and let those talented late bloomers sit. After all... scouting is an exact science.

Sounds like every excuse in the book to defend an Overrated AHL 4TH LINER.

Warning!!! Reactionary post Warning!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Me too...

But then again, I enjoy train wrecks as well :laugh:

Knight has only played in three games for one of two reasons:

1) Spooner St and Monte are right and he sucks

2) Iowa has only played three games since the trade

Hmmmm...I think I will go with Door #2 :sarcasm:

What do I win, Bob? :D

You win a trip for 2 all inclusive as a guest of Robert Durst cellmates.:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What's stopping you?

REACTIONARY POST!!!! WARNING!!!!

Only a tool wants the prospects from the team he supposedly roots for to fail.

he can make fun of Camara now- I hear Cassidy treats him worse than Knight.....very little special teams if any; frequently benched.

surprise, surprise the one regular Providence guy scratched while three ECHL guys at forward dress.....boy, is Cassidy pissed he didn't get that assistant coaching job lol he is just ****ing with poor Don Sweeney

Camara has struggled looks like his confidence has been exorcised

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He should be passing Knight in alltime scoring for the Providence Bruins any game now.

Watched the Wild game to see how Knight looked and he had a strong game - clean breakaway half way through; do to scheduling with arena this was their first game in about a week and only fourth since deal and he was on fourth line but tonight he was getting shifts with their top center so see where that goes.

Sounds like the Bruins though have won this trade already; great deal by Don Sweeney (Chia was working on other things that day)

RBF do you go to the Providence games ? I'd like to know how Phillips game projects to NHL

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Watched the Wild game to see how Knight looked and he had a strong game - clean breakaway half way through; do to scheduling with arena this was their first game in about a week and only fourth since deal and he was on fourth line but tonight he was getting shifts with their top center so see where that goes.

Sounds like the Bruins though have won this trade already; great deal by Don Sweeney (Chia was working on other things that day)

RBF do you go to the Providence games ? I'd like to know how Phillips game projects to NHL

Where did I claim I was an expert on Phillips? I am merely citing that his offensive production in Providence has been exponentially greater than Knight's.

Yes, I have played plenty of hockey and know there is more to the game than stats.

Will Phillips make it? My guess is probably not. And no I haven't seen him play live.
Seeing a player play live does not make ones predictions about them fool proof either. Professional coaches, scouts and yes, even internet posters who think they know better than anyone get it wrong sometimes to.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Where did I claim I was an expert on Phillips? I am merely citing that his offensive production in Providence has been exponentially greater than Knight's.

Yes, I have played plenty of hockey and know there is more to the game than stats.

Will Phillips make it? My guess is probably not. And no I haven't seen him play live.
Seeing a player play live does not make ones predictions about them fool proof either. Professional coaches, scouts and yes, even internet posters who think they know better than anyone get it wrong sometimes to.
Reactionary Alert!!!!

Relax Francis you are coming across as sensitive as me.

I thought you might have seen him and I agree I saw plenty of Kalus and Krejci live to realize Kalus would be the better player

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I wish the best for Knight and mostly Phillips; however, it strikes me as odd that we continue to gather players with skating issues

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DKH hoping you can provide some Phillips insight soon...Any p bruin games in sight?

As much as I have an Agenda when it comes to Knight (and to be brutally honest my entire life is an agenda) I will be fair with Phillips because it is not his fault he got dealt for Knight (on the contrary it defined his still potential) and he's a Bruins. He's young and I hope they tender him sure seems logical.

I am definitely going but not sure when I want a long run culminating with a Calder Cup. You add the Boston guys back and the D is healthy I like their chances.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I haven't seen Phillips play this year, but I can tell you what Wild fans were saying about him over the summer and into training camp- not a good skater, not good defensively, physically weak. Strengths- vision, playmaking. From what I gathered if things worked out well you are looking at a Kyle Wellwood type.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Reactionary Alert!!!!

Relax Francis you are coming across as sensitive as me.

I thought you might have seen him and I agree I saw plenty of Kalus and Krejci live to realize Kalus would be the better player

My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad