Confirmed with Link: Jansen Harkins claimed by Pittsburgh.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Stanley and Harkins don't impact each other.

Oh, I know. But IIRC, both asked to be traded, one was put on waivers and was claimed while the other one is still here. Just thought that was interesting.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh, I know. But IIRC, both asked to be traded, one was put on waivers and was claimed while the other one is still here. Just thought that was interesting.
So are all the other defenseman up for the 7/8 spots. It appears Chevy did Harkins a bit a solid to release him now if was going to be released him, since the waiver wire isn't nearly as congested now as it will be on the final cut down day. Also gives the claiming team a bit of time to see the player in action before having to make a final roster call which increases the likelihood of a claim.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
He's always had pretty ok results and could be a decent 3rd/4th liner. Last year his metrics when he was called up from the Moose were absolutely dynamite until he fell off a bit and then his spot was given to other guys. I don't mind losing him in waivers, I am just annoyed at opportunity cost of giving so many games to guys like Kuhlman and Maenalenen last season when those minutes could have been used to evaluate home grown talent like Harkins and Eyssimont.

Wishing him all the best, hope it turns out well for him. He has been an absolute pro through his entire time here and never publicly bitched or whined like many other guys.
He has Donnie Harkins doing it for him :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Best of luck Jansen!

Q the endless bitching and moaning about losing a tweener 😅

We lost him a couple of years ago already when we had vacancies due to injury and they refused to even consider him as a possibility.

I'm good with it now. Just wish him good luck in his future endeavors. I hope Pens give him a decent chance.

Last year he played over 36% of the time on a Line with Lowry and Barron and spent another 12% with at least one of those guys on his line. He spent more time playing with Schiefele then he did AJF last year.

The narrative that he always had bad linemates is not supported by the facts.

It is not that he always had bad linemates. It is that he did well when he had good linemates.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I guess the question becomes do they snag another tweener off waivers for the Moose. Honestly tho I think Jets did Yansen a solid here. Mutually beneficial parting of ways like Kovacevic was.
Liked Harkins first couple years but he never really got better, pre season star then nothing. Looked slow to me also but regardless I wish him luck in Crosby Ville

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
His skating improved a lot from when he was drafted. Injuries detailed his breakthrough opportunity here I think.
I think he’ll end up being better than a tweener.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wish the best for him. Always appreciated his attitude but his ship had sailed here so I appreciate that he may get a chance somewhere else.

Good luck “Yan-sen”

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Best of luck Jansen!

Q the endless bitching and moaning about losing a tweener 😅
Our obsession with fringe NHLers shall continue!

He's always had pretty ok results and could be a decent 3rd/4th liner. Last year his metrics when he was called up from the Moose were absolutely dynamite until he fell off a bit and then his spot was given to other guys. I don't mind losing him in waivers, I am just annoyed at opportunity cost of giving so many games to guys like Kuhlman and Maenalenen last season when those minutes could have been used to evaluate home grown talent like Harkins and Eyssimont.

Wishing him all the best, hope it turns out well for him. He has been an absolute pro through his entire time here and never publicly bitched or whined like many other guys.

Agree

Hope for the best for him. Unfortunately it wasn’t going to be a the jets but he’s been a pro

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Fallout from the Dubois trade. Acquire 3 NHL Fs for 1 NHL F, something's gotta give on the roster construction.

good point.

Best of luck to Jansen. I said it in another thread two days ago: He should certainly get another shot in the NHL by another franchise. New team, new city, new roster and maybe a new role he can finally make his own for good. I personally doubt it is going to happen but I think he has earned at least another year around the NHL, maybe even two years. After that he's off to Europe and I'm going to say he'll end up in the DEL in Germany. To me, he looks like the absolute perfect player to dominate the german league. He has the exact right mixture of size, physicality and goal scoaring skills that you need to be a top 5 scorer in this league.

And that is without the lenghty history over the last 5 years of former Jets picks/prospects coming over to the german league. I'd even go that far and predict that he'll end up on my hometown team Mannheim. It just makes too much sense. Buuuuuuut that is at least one, maybe two years away with PIT claiming him.

I guess the question becomes do they snag another tweener off waivers for the Moose. Honestly tho I think Jets did Yansen a solid here. Mutually beneficial parting of ways like Kovacevic was.
Liked Harkins first couple years but he never really got better, pre season star then nothing. Looked slow to me also but regardless I wish him luck in Crosby Ville

I think you could be right here. They might have done it because Jansen kind of "asked" for it to happen ASAP because both sides knew they weren't gonna get anything for him in a trade but some team might take a shot for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and thereturn

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
This is just the start of him bouncing around a few teams. Imho. The next few years. Very border line NHLer that probably won't stick anywhere long term in the NHL.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This is just the start of him bouncing around a few teams. Imho. The next few years. Very border line NHLer that probably won't stick anywhere long term in the NHL.
Maybe he's the next Mark Flood or Buzz Flibbet :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Completely off topic, but your avatar is totally adorable!

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
My feeling is Dubas isn’t picking up a player on waivers just to send down right away. Pitts likely wants to give Harkins more playing time with the big club to start season to evaluate him. Unless he craps the bed, he get a fair burn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad