Confirmed with Link: Jansen Harkins claimed by Pittsburgh.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Watch him go score 25 on Sid's wing now...I don't understand why they hated him here, the only thing that Appleton can do that Harkins can't is shoot right.

Reactions: nhlpro

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
he was good for 2-3 games at a time, could never play well for longer then that and despite what people claim he's had plenty of chances here
He never really got a chance to play with guys who were any good. I think Harkins could score 15 goals in the NHL. He was not going to do that playing with guys like Gustafsson, Kuhlman, AFJ or Maenelanen.

If that is the case it says a lot about the upgrade of our bottom 6.
This is the first year we finally have a competent bottom 6

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
He never really got a chance to play with guys who were any good. I think Harkins could score 15 goals in the NHL. He was not going to do that playing with guys like Gustafsson, Kuhlman, AFJ or Maenelanen.

This is the first year we finally have a competent bottom 6
Last year he played over 36% of the time on a Line with Lowry and Barron and spent another 12% with at least one of those guys on his line. He spent more time playing with Schiefele then he did AJF last year.

The narrative that he always had bad linemates is not supported by the facts.

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Last year he played over 36% of the time on a Line with Lowry and Barron and spent another 12% with at least one of those guys on his line. He spent more time playing with Schiefele then he did AJF last year.

The narrative that he always had bad linemates is not supported by the facts.
I dont let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.

hardystar

Jan 18, 2023
I wish Harkins well. He would show some flashes but just never seemed to be comfortable with the Jets.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He's always had pretty ok results and could be a decent 3rd/4th liner. Last year his metrics when he was called up from the Moose were absolutely dynamite until he fell off a bit and then his spot was given to other guys. I don't mind losing him in waivers, I am just annoyed at opportunity cost of giving so many games to guys like Kuhlman and Maenalenen last season when those minutes could have been used to evaluate home grown talent like Harkins and Eyssimont.

Wishing him all the best, hope it turns out well for him. He has been an absolute pro through his entire time here and never publicly bitched or whined like many other guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad