Confirmed with Link: Jansen Harkins claimed by Pittsburgh.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
If that's funny to you, remind me to get you at my next Stand Up night.

He made the Penguins as what a 4th liner. Essentially what he was here....that's why it's quiet. if he made it as a top-6er there'd be a lot more discussion. but 4th liner is a whole lotta who cares/not worth the discussion.

Now, consider some posters on here really believe the Jets are mishandling or mismanaging prospects/young players. yet, here we have another example of a player where a 2nd organization doesn't view him as much more than what he was here or a key contributor to their NHL team. that's why there's a bit more discussion.

& i highly doubt ppl are checking everyday to see if Harkins made the Penguins too. but the waiver news hits our forum.
Are you serious about having a Stand Up night?

Asking because one of my sons-in-law is a big fan of those and both he and one of my other daughters claim that the 'amateur' comedians are often better than the touring pros.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I mean, we have a very direct comparison here in a very short time frame. When Harkins makes the Penguins it's pretty quiet, when he gets sent down it's a bunch of posters talking about how annoying other posters are and how important it was for them to be right.

Are you saying that if Harkins was in the top 6 putting up points next to Crosby or Malkin, no one would be in here complaining that the Jets let him go?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I always cheered for Harkins but he's just a victim of being a LW tweener - he's basically been replaced by a right shot who can't score in the A but plays a more physical game... Keeping Nieto on the fourth line is hard to understand - he's old, small and has always sucked.

I suspect Harks is back in the lineup by xmas

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Are you serious about having a Stand Up night?

Asking because one of my sons-in-law is a big fan of those and both he and one of my other daughters claim that the 'amateur' comedians are often better than the touring pros.
no

• Haha
Reactions: SLAYER

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Are you saying that if Harkins was in the top 6 putting up points next to Crosby or Malkin, no one would be in here complaining that the Jets let him go?
Yep there would be. And they'd be annoying.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The term "cut and dried" is unsettling.
It would sting a little for the first week, but then you'd be golden.

giphy.gif

Back on topic -> when will Harkins get his big break?

• Haha
Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad