Jamie Benn Head shot on Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Honestly, people need to understand there is a difference between diving and embellishment. Yes Kadri embellished, but doesn't excuse Benn for the attempted blindside hit. I don't think Kadri has ever dived in his life, he is not Marchand or Neal, but I will admit him and JVR do embellish a lot. They are only trying to make an existing penalty more obvious, as opposed to a dive which is making a penalty out of nothing. I would say 2 min for interference, and 2 more embellishment, or nothing would be the right call here. Refs got it right so lets move on.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Kadri is a known diver, this is just another clip to pile onto his stack lol

Yeah him and his 1 (?) diving penalty of his whole career definitely makes him a known diver.

He may embellish some penalties, but really, which player doesn't?

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Honestly, people need to understand there is a difference between diving and embellishment. Yes Kadri embellished, but doesn't excuse Benn for the attempted blindside hit. I don't think Kadri has ever dived in his life, he is not Marchand or Neal, but I will admit him and JVR do embellish a lot. They are only trying to make an existing penalty more obvious, as opposed to a dive which is making a penalty out of nothing. I would say 2 min for interference, and 2 more embellishment, or nothing would be the right call here. Refs got it right so lets move on.

Kadri is a know diver only a homer would argue otherwise.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
There's zero head shot in this whole sequence. Title is misleading and should be changed. By the way it is ridiculous when people feel they need to make a huge difference between diving and embellishing. Both are unsportsmanslike behaviors that should be condemned.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
2 Min for interference to Benn.
2 Min for Embellishment to Kadri.

This here should have been the call.
Boys do people even look at vids before commenting.:laugh:

So you're contending that there should have been off-setting minors instead of no calls on the play? Seems like six of one, half dozen of the other to me.:dunno:

Benn just skated right through him- he didn't even brace himself for the impact.:laugh:

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
I don't understand people saying Kadri flopped?

It wasn't a dirty hit or anything, but Benn made solid contact and kadri wasn't looking, obviously he is gunna fall.

As for the hit, 2 minute interference at worst.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto

Thank you.

I'd like to see all the experts get clipped in the jaw by a 6'2" hockey player and not fall.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
There's zero head shot in this whole sequence. Title is misleading and should be changed. By the way it is ridiculous when people feel they need to make a huge difference between diving and embellishing. Both are unsportsmanslike behaviors that should be condemned.

What? He clearly gets clipped in the jaw. It's incidental, so it's not dirty or anything, but it's still head contact. You can easily get concussed from that type of play. See: Crosby, Komarov

Mr Lahey

Oct 25, 2008
Thank you.

I'd like to see all the experts get clipped in the jaw by a 6'2" hockey player and not fall.

This thread is a good example of how HFBoards sensationalizes everything.

On one side you have the Leafs fans who think it's a blatant suspension, then on the other you have those who call the play a blatant dive.

No middle ground on this site. At least it's entertaining.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
This thread is a good example of how HFBoards sensationalizes everything.

On one side you have the Leafs fans who think it's a blatant suspension, then on the other you have those who call the play a blatant dive.

No middle ground on this site. At least it's entertaining.

There's no middle ground because one side is right :laugh:

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON
This thread is classic HFboards Leaf hating.

It wasn't a dirty hit but seriously? No head contact? "Typical flop"? Am I the only one who sees that Benn's shoulder hit Kadri's chin?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

It wasn't a dirty hit but seriously? No head contact? "Typical flop"? Am I the only one who sees that Benn's shoulder hit Kadri's chin?

You must be. His sleeve barely even brushed Kadri's chin, much less his whole shoulder. Camera from the boards shows this clearly.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Its against someone on Toronto. Nothing will happen.

Anyone remember when Clark MacArthur brushed Abdelkader and missed the rest of the preseason + 2 games reg season games?

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik

More like classic Leaf drama-mongering with no actual base to support the outrageous claims because they are just that... outrageous and false.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
It was a definite cheap-shot. Benn deliberately took a run a player who was in a vulnerable position. It was interference, the hit was from the blindside, and contact was made to the head (though the head was not the primary point of contact). And while I'm not going to call Benn a dirty player because of one game or one play, he certainly acted the part last night.

Those who think it's a dive should get a reality check.

Not suspension or fine worthy and probably not thread worthy. Just a very dirty two minute minor.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

It's funny that you mention diving vs embellishment as though you are an expert and then contradict yourself giving an example of two other players who are known embellishers. Even funnier to think Marchand hasn't even once this season yet.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
Kadri is still young. He'll learn that when you flop it is more effective to stay down and act like you've really been hit/hurt. :sarcasm:

If Benn had really targeted his head on a blindside hit, then the ice crew would have been scraping Kadri off the ice during the next intermission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino