Jamie Benn Head shot on Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I'm sure that's why he rage-chased Benn around the ice after contact. I understand people thinking he dove, but it certainly wasn't the case here. As for Ben not looking at him, it happens all the time. It's the "oops I didn't see you there" hit.

Benn hit him no doubt. Should have been interference. But he grazed his chest and Kadri flopped. He was mad because he didn't have the puck. If you read his lips on the highlights when he's back on the bench that's exactly what he said, "I didn't even have the puck".

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
So Benn just missed his target then while attempting his blindside.

That makes it better.

Dirty hit plain and simple

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
2 hours and no video/gif.

Must have been nothing.

I'm annoyed by this because I want to have an opinion on it but I was busy watching TBL playing good hockey (unlike the Stars) when the hit happened so I don't know if I'm supposed to be blindly defending my favorite player and calling Kadri a diver like a proper homer or saying nothing because it wasn't worth talking about. Without a video I guess I'll just assume it was interference but not a headshot. A missed 2 minute penalty but nothing really worth getting worked up about.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'll reserve judgement until I see the hit, but I'll preface it with saying that I'm a huge Benn fan, and not a Kadri fan at all. I suggest others reserve judgement here too, as it seems like people are just ******** on either player without mentioning anything about the hit.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Probably nothing if the Ovechkin hit is being brought up as a comparison....
That was brought up regarding diving/injury.

Reading comprehension is needed on these boards, pal.

:amazed:

It looked accidental, and i'm not sure if it was actually a headshot.

If Ovechkin gets nothing for the hit on Komarov there is no way Benn gets anything here.
Ovechkin on Komarov was worse. I am expecting nothing. Plus, Kadri got up skated around knew who to slash back on the same shift.

Reading comprehension.

Pal. :sarcasm:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario

2 Min for interference to Benn.
2 Min for Embellishment to Kadri.

Minimal at best contact to the head (not even sure there was any). Kadri sold it nicely.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
2 Min for interference to Benn.
2 Min for Embellishment to Kadri.

Minimal at best contact to the head (not even sure there was any). Kadri sold it nicely.

Thanks for uploading the hit. Was very close to being dirty a few inches more to the left and would have been a clear headshot but Benn just grazed the visor. No suspension.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Title should be changed. Obviously not a head shot. I assume the OP posted it without seeing a replay.

That said that was a pretty dirty play by Benn there regardless. Don't care if Kadri sold it a bit. Tough call. I can get with the 2 min for each opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino