Jamie Benn Head shot on Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
It doesn't look as bad watching the video.

It looked like clear head contact when I was watching live though.

People can understand why people would think that right? It honestly looks like he hits him in the head.

It's still dirty though... the "oops didn't see you there" hit when they clearly did just like Ovie's hit on Komarov. An inch or two higher and that hits Kadri right on the chin and he's out with a concussion like Komarov.

bobbyt911

There's zero head shot in this whole sequence. Title is misleading and should be changed. By the way it is ridiculous when people feel they need to make a huge difference between diving and embellishing. Both are unsportsmanslike behaviors that should be condemned.

You must be. His sleeve barely even brushed Kadri's chin, much less his whole shoulder. Camera from the boards shows this clearly.

There wasn't a headshot at all.
What are you 3 watching? Kadri's jaw clearly gets hit in the vid, it doesn't take much to knock someone out there. You can knock someone out with the heel of your hand from 4 inches away

This thread is a good example of how HFBoards sensationalizes everything.

On one side you have the Leafs fans who think it's a blatant suspension, then on the other you have those who call the play a blatant dive.

No middle ground on this site. At least it's entertaining.

exactly

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

2 Min for interference to Benn.
2 Min for Embellishment to Kadri.

Minimal at best contact to the head (not even sure there was any). Kadri sold it nicely.

So Oscar worthy!

Seriously, wouldn't even look at this hit twice. Kadri is caught looking down, and when he pulls his head up realizes Benn is in his face... I'm not saying it wasn't a hard hit considering the angle, however Kadri sells it very nicely...

coincidental minors and no further... Embellishment on Kadri, Interference/Roughing on Benn

/thread

Bill Waters*

Jul 19, 2013
Orillia, Ontario
It doesn't look as bad watching the video.

It looked like clear head contact when I was watching live though.

People can understand why people would think that right? It honestly looks like he hits him in the head.

It's still dirty though... the "oops didn't see you there" hit when they clearly did just like Ovie's hit on Komarov. An inch or two higher and that hits Kadri right on the chin and he's out with a concussion like Komarov.

It looked bad b/c Kadri acted like he was knocked out by a Tyson hook.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Yeah 'Classic' :help:

Username doesn't do you any justice, eh.

Are you actually just unaware of his reputation or are you just a massive homer?

Yeah him and his 1 (?) diving penalty of his whole career definitely makes him a known diver.

He may embellish some penalties, but really, which player doesn't?

Ah I see, a bit of both.

Diving penalties have absolutely nothing, nothing to do with reputations. Which player doesn't embellish to the point that Kadri does? 99% of the league. Your surprise at this is really funny.

10/10 dive from Kadri. But that's expected from him.

Kadri is a know diver only a homer would argue otherwise.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I'm a Leafs fan, but I really don't think Benn meant to hit Kadri at all there, nevermind in the head. Benn is just skating towards the puck, never throws a hit, Kadri is looking the wrong way and skates right into him. It's an accidental collision. Kadri was pissed, he had no way of knowing it was accidental, in his mind he was just skating without the puck and got hit in the head out of nowhere, but it really did not look intentional to me. Not a dive either, Kadri got hit without expecting it at all and did get clipped a bit on the chin, that'll knock you down, but it was hardly dirty by Benn.

Not suspension worthy, or even penalty worthy IMO, accidental collisions happen and that's all this was.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
I'm a Leafs fan, but I really don't think Benn meant to hit Kadri at all there, nevermind in the head. Benn is just skating towards the puck, never throws a hit, Kadri is looking the wrong way and skates right into him. It's an accidental collision. Kadri was pissed, he had no way of knowing it was accidental, in his mind he was just skating without the puck and got hit in the head out of nowhere, but it really did not look intentional to me.

Not suspension worthy, or even penalty worthy IMO.

Pretty much this.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Kadri has dished out a few nasty head shots himself so if he had taken a shot here It shouldn't be totally unexpected. You give it you better be able to take it.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Are you actually just unaware of his reputation or are you just a massive homer?

Ah I see, a bit of both.

Diving penalties have absolutely nothing, nothing to do with reputations. Which player doesn't embellish to the point that Kadri does? 99% of the league. Your surprise at this is really funny.

Do you understand what reputation means? If he had a reputation as a diver - do you think he would lead the league in penalties drawn? I mean... if he had such a reputation -- wouldn't referees call him on it, more than once? What's funny is your inability to comprehend such a simple fact.

Kadri may embellish more than other players, 99.99% of the league is extreme hyperbole, but I'm not going to complain because more often that not he's putting our 9th oa PP on the man advantage.

Whomever is calling this a dive needs to get their eyes checked, Kadri was unexpectedly hit by a 210lb Jame Benn, any one of you sows would be laying on the ice as well.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
the collision was as much kadri's fault as benn's the big fall with waving arms and crying is on kadri but thats to be expected. Kadri should stop staring at the puck and watch where he is going, Benn isn't just gonna move once Kadri curls into him like that.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I'm a Leafs fan, but I really don't think Benn meant to hit Kadri at all there, nevermind in the head. Benn is just skating towards the puck, never throws a hit, Kadri is looking the wrong way and skates right into him. It's an accidental collision. Kadri was pissed, he had no way of knowing it was accidental, in his mind he was just skating without the puck and got hit in the head out of nowhere, but it really did not look intentional to me. Not a dive either, Kadri got hit without expecting it at all and did get clipped a bit on the chin, that'll knock you down, but it was hardly dirty by Benn.

Not suspension worthy, or even penalty worthy IMO, accidental collisions happen and that's all this was.

A very sensible post by a Leaf fan that sees what really happened.

vapor11

Aug 15, 2011

Agree.. Watching Kypreos and Co during intermission was cringe worthy when they were discussing how many games Benn should get..really makes them lack credibility..if Kipper is supposed to be the voice of someone who played the game he is severely lacking.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Ahhh interference at best. Benn definitely didn't try to hit him in a head, just skated in his way a little bit.

Tacos

Wheeeee
Feb 26, 2012
Accidental hit, Kadri skating without watching where he's going which is right into Benns lane

kadri does a swell job of selling a headshot though, Kadri isn't a "known diver" but he does take many more dives than the average player

ThatQuietGuy93

Apr 23, 2013
London On
Accidental hit, Kadri skating without watching where he's going which is right into Benns lane

kadri does a swell job of selling a headshot though, Kadri isn't a "known diver" but he does take many more dives than the average player

Kadri doesn't dive. James Neal dives. Kadri has a degree in drawing penalties.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Interference, no head contact. Embellished by Kadri.

I don't understand why people are saying the actual fall from the hit is diving? Its not very hard to get knocked off your feet in a instance like that. I won't deny that when he kind of grabs at his mouth be is embellishing but even then his chin could have been clipped.

Also don't really see any Leaf fans commenting about suspension after the video was posted other than a select few who usually give Leaf fans a bad name.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Benn clearly tries to blindside him. Good thing his aim was about as good as the Stars shooting percentage.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Benn did that on purpose. He constantly cheapshots players and makes it look like an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->