GDT: [SCP24 RD1 GM3] Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights - 9:30PM CT (BSSW)

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I think next season we need a backup that is actually an option to start in the playoffs. Even if he doesn’t get starts, maybe that would push Otter.

I don’t think Otter has been that bad but he isn’t elevating his game and he has shown he is capable of that.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Here is to a let down after dominating this game. This goalie is not this good. They should be up at least 5-2.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Thoughts on trading Oettinger this off season?
He’s just an average goalie, but the problem is the offseason goalie market is an absolute shit show every season. He may be just a dude, but it doesn’t mean the grass will be greener, especially if you go the UFA route and pay a guy more to still be a question mark.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Now we have to watch and see which Vegas player scores the next clutch goal for them.

It's so painful not having any clutch players man.

Reactions: joshik

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hintz & Robertson should be getting the same shit Oettinger is getting.

All these offensive chances and not one of them came from either of those losers.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Hintz & Robertson should be getting the same shit Oettinger is getting.

All these offensive chances and not one of them came from either of those losers.
Robertsons shot created the rebound on Wyatt’s goal. The app I have has Wyatt’s goal unassisted for some reason.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
I have always given Otteinger the benefit of the doubt but this game is directly on him. Un effing believable. You got a guy on the other end of the rink standing on his head and he cant stop anything outside the shadow of his own body. I am so pissed

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
I have always given Otteinger the benefit of the doubt but this game is directly on him. Un effing believable. You got a guy on the other end of the rink standing on his head and he cant stop anything outside the shadow of his own body. I am so pissed
DAL not burying chances is Oettinger's fault?

First goal was screened and was top corner, perfect shot.

Second goal was high blocker, maybe not top top corner but it was a good shot.

Seguin putting two breakaways into Thompson's pillows isn't Oettinger's fault.

Reactions: roryjones

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Robertsons shot created the rebound on Wyatt’s goal. The app I have has Wyatt’s goal unassisted for some reason.
Thompson made the save and misplayed it after trying to pull it back into his glove to cover it. He missed and Wyatt got it.

It should definitely be an unassisted goal.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Oettinger has not been that good but not awful. His teammates have clearly let him down. Too many missed opportunities.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
All we want is our goalie to make a tough save to keep the game 2-1. Hold the momentum, and get things back in track.

Instead he can't do that.

Blame the forwards all you want for missing chances.. doesn't excuse our goalies inability to come up big.

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
He's not the problem tonight. Or game 2.
Uhhhh! Yeah he is. I was pretty discouraged after game 2 but if you break it down quarter by quarter Dallas has been a better team. Otteinger has fuc**ng sucked big hairy goat balls. This game is on him.

Reactions: wsg89

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
DAL not burying chances is Oettinger's fault?

First goal was screened and was top corner, perfect shot.

Second goal was high blocker, maybe not top top corner but it was a good shot.

Seguin putting two breakaways into Thompson's pillows isn't Oettinger's fault.
Making difficult saves is part of the job of an elite goalie. But that’s why I think he’s just average. I agree with with your breakdowns. Oettinger didn’t find a way to see through traffic to make a difficult save.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Oetter is not a goalie who does well with low shot volume. He's admitted it himself.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Uhhhh! Yeah he is. I was pretty discouraged after game 2 but if you break it down quarter by quarter Dallas has been a better team. Otteinger has fuc**ng sucked big hairy goat balls. This game is on him.
Quarter by quarter?

Did Oettinger tell Seguin to stickhandle into the crease and crash into Thompson's leg pad? Because the $9.8m center shouldn't do that.

Making difficult saves is part of the job of an elite goalie. But that’s why I think he’s just average. I agree with with your breakdowns. Oettinger didn’t find a way to see through traffic to make a difficult save.
Sure.

VGK 2 isn't the problem. DAL 2 is the problem. DAL 2 should be DAL 4 or DAL 5. If DAL 2 was DAL 4, we wouldn't be pissed about the VGK 2.

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad