Jamie Benn Head shot on Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Title should be changed. Obviously not a head shot. I assume the OP posted it without seeing a replay.

That said that was a pretty dirty play by Benn there regardless. Don't care if Kadri sold it a bit. Tough call. I can get with the 2 min for each opinion.
I wouldn't even blame them for just 2 min on Benn cause it was interference. Kadri really didn't need to sell that the way he did though, so I definitely would not that been upset to see two each.

ScubaSteve*

I didn't see the play in question, but I highly doubt Benn did anything wrong here. He hasn't been putting in enough effort lately to actually hit people.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
LOL, watching the second angle (from the goal line) and there's no head contact with Kadri.

2 min interference at an absolute push...

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Cheap blindside? yes. refs let the stars get away with a lot tonight.
head shot? no

Phaneuf and Franson dominating spezza and whoever it was, were clean, textbook hockey hits.

snizzbone*

Some of you guys need to take the Kadri hate glasses off. Benn got him in the chops. Kadri def embellished to try and make sure it got called, but Benn definitely got him there. You can see his head move when Benn hits it.

Now please don't quote me and reply because I'm not going to bother.

inb4 10 quotes

Nynja*

Benn looked like he knew what he was doing, but he did it in a way that made it look like "I'm just skating here, I'm not trying to hit him, I have the right to go after the puck too".

Basically he tried to do this
RinneHit4956.gif

The post got 0 games there, Been doesnt really deserve any either.

bobbyt911

Benn looked like he knew what he was doing, but he did it in a way that made it look like "I'm just skating here, I'm not trying to hit him, I have the right to go after the puck too".

Basically he tried to do this
RinneHit4956.gif

The post got 0 games there, Been doesnt really deserve any either.

look at the way his right knee bends.......imagine if he tore a ligament on that, talk about an embarrassing injury. Be right up there with the footballer who hurt his knee in the celebration

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I'm as big a kadri fan as they come for his skill and game breaking ability. I also enjoy that he's a league leader in drawing penalties and he actually makes skilled plays to draw them where a defender is forced to interfere or hook him. However, this was not a good move, looks like he legitimately tried to sell an interference. Not getzlaf level mind you, but he shouldn't have tried to sell it. If he didn't we would all be tearing apart benn.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right

2 Min for interference to Benn.
2 Min for Embellishment to Kadri.

Minimal at best contact to the head (not even sure there was any). Kadri sold it nicely.

Maybe interference. Kari dove for sure to buy a penalty. Not targeting the head and benn barely hit him.
It looked like two people skating to a collision point than suddenly one jump spins and turns to avoid impact.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Should have sent both players off for some good old fashioned 4 on 4

Benn 2 minutes for interference
Kadri 2 minutes for acting like he got shot by a sniper

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
The best part about playing the Leafs is checking in to find out which nothing play becomes a call for suspension.

It's kinda true eh? lol. I don't understand why we try so hard to make every time we play hate us even more lol

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014

2 Min for interference to Benn.
2 Min for Embellishment to Kadri.

Minimal at best contact to the head (not even sure there was any). Kadri sold it nicely.

If you watch the clip removing your bias, you will notice that Kadri was looking the other way and did not even see Benn before he got smoked.

Keep in mind Kadri is 6 ft 180 lbs soaking wet, Benn is 6 2" and 210 lbs!

I can understand people thinking Kadri is a diver because he draws the most penalties in the league, but on a play like this where the player (kadri) could have gotten seriously injured it's pretty disgusting to say he sold the dive nicely and should have gotten a penalty for embellishment!

Last edited:

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If you watch the clip removing your bias, you will notice that Kadri was looking the other way and did not even see Benn before he got smoked.

Keep in mind Kadri is 6 ft 180 lbs soaking wet, Benn is 6 2" and 210 lbs!

I can understand people thinking Kadri is a diver because he draws the most penalties in the league, but on a play like this where the player (kadri) could have gotten seriously injured it's pretty disgusting to say he sold the dive nicely and should have gotten a penalty for embellishment!

He tried to sell it(poorly,i might add)
It was embellishing at its finest(or worst)

Nothing to see here,both players should have went off

This isn't even thread worthy

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
He tried to sell it(poorly,i might add)
It was embellishing at its finest(or worst)

Nothing to see here,both players should have went off

This isn't even thread worthy

yeah you're right every one who gets blindsided embellish and try to sell it, just look at this guy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad