Confirmed with Link: James van Riemsdyk Signing With The Flyers (5y x 7AAV)

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I think it's fair to argue that Schenn shouldn't have gotten moved before Simmonds.

Seems like an irrelevant topic in a JVR thread. JVR's a fit on a Flyers team that includes Schenn

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Frost is a prospect, nothing more. He has not played a season. Late draft picks dont pan out as much as you think.
from 1990-2013 the average chance of a 27th pick overall being a top 6 forward is 16%. The chance of a 27th overall being a 4th liner or worse is only 62%. 38% end up in ahl or europe.
Therefore the chances he ever gets anywhere near what schenn already was is very slim regardless of how good he looks in warmup videos from summer camps.
It was a bad trade that left flyers stuck with lehtera and led to overpaying for JVR. Bad trades have consequences.
One wish. Can you please not ruin these boards. Leaf fans are already ruining main boards and it would be really nice if Flyers boards was readable.

Thank you.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
One wish. Can you please not ruin these boards. Leaf fans are already ruining main boards and it would be really nice if Flyers boards was readable.

Thank you.
whats the problem? what was wrong with that comment? should I post more sea bird gifs?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I come in peace part II

More from a leafs fan on JVR:

Hockey Inspirations: “To win, obviously. Obviously growing up, you always want to play in the NHL. It’s always a dream and you never thought of doing anything else. You always worked towards it. Never saw yourself doing anything else for a living. Then once you get there, the main goal now is to win.”

Funny Hockey Memory: “One time a guy went out to warm-up – I was on Team USA world junior – and he left his skate-guards on one of his skates and when he slipped on the ice, he just kinda couldn’t stand up. Couldn’t figure out why. And then he realized he had the skate-guards on one of his blades.”
Hockey Heroes: “Oh, there’s tons of them. Sakic, Yzerman, Ray Bourque, Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Hull, Bobby Clark, Mark Howe, Eric Lindros, LeClair, Craig Berube, etc."

Nicknames: “VanDyckdyke. Guys around here call me Scoops a little bit. (Why?)Because they think I always try to get the scoop on stuff (laughs).”

Yeah, he's always been a dud of a personality. Nice guy, though

beet

Apr 22, 2017
I think it's fair to argue that Schenn shouldn't have gotten moved before Simmonds.

Seems like an irrelevant topic in a JVR thread. JVR's a fit on a Flyers team that includes Schenn
I agree, simmonds should have gone first but neither needed to go at that point. If they let simmonds go after his contract or trade him, that is what they should do, when they should do it. Someone else will overpay, like the flyers for jvr.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
the past is gone(schenn)the future looks bright(frost). sorry if ron hurt your feelings trading your favorite player who had no future here because they woulden't let him play where he wanted to. flyers with schenn and no lethera no playoffs/st louis with lethera and no schenn playoffs. flyers with lethera and no schenn playoffs/st louis with schenn and without lethera no playoffs.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
the past is gone(schenn)the future looks bright(frost). sorry if ron hurt your feelings trading your favorite player who had no future here because they woulden't let him play where he wanted to. flyers with schenn and no lethera no playoffs/st louis with lethera and no schenn playoffs. flyers with lethera and no schenn playoffs/st louis with schenn and without lethera no playoffs.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing out that a bad move by the gm forced them to overpay for a declining soft forward that already got run out of town once.
Its a hockey discussion board, I am discussing signing JVR and how Hextalls bad trade led to it. Instead of praising him for what some think is a good signing, I am pointing out that he created a bad situation and is trying to clean it up and so long as lehtera is playing, it aint cleaned up.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
Well, this thread is ****ed.
I know, a bunch of babies posting memes and gifs and crying. I have done nothing except discuss the signing of JVR, and what led up to it and my opinion of it. You cant look at hockey deals in a vacuum, repercussions from previous trades impact current rosters..
If you are only allowed to post on here if you agree with everyone then let me know. I didnt think having an opinion and backing it up with why I have it would be an issue.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing out that a bad move by the gm forced them to overpay for a declining soft forward that already got run out of town once.
Its a hockey discussion board, I am discussing signing JVR and how Hextalls bad trade led to it. Instead of praising him for what some think is a good signing, I am pointing out that he created a bad situation and is trying to clean it up and so long as lehtera is playing, it aint cleaned up.
sorry anything you say won't hurt my feelings as i am laughing at you and your posts but do go on with your discussion. i however must ignore you as my stomach is hurting from laughing too much.

Reactions: Rebels57

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Have you ever heard that expression "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then **** a duck"? Here's another version of that:

If it lacks self-awareness, but suffers from self-consciousness, then it is a troll.

Someone is sitting patiently in a chair with their pants around their ankles waiting to get a tattoo applied and the tattoo artist is busy furiously pushing the agenda of the Truth Coalition and fooling absolutely nobody.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
sorry anything you say won't hurt my feelings as i am laughing at you and your posts but do go on with your discussion. i however must ignore you as my stomach is hurting from laughing too much.
Well one thing you have not done is explained where I was wrong.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
Have you ever heard that expression "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then **** a duck"? Here's another version of that:

If it lacks self-awareness, but suffers from self-consciousness, then it is a troll.

Someone is sitting patiently in a chair with their pants around their ankles waiting to get a tattoo applied and the tattoo artist is busy furiously pushing the agenda of the Truth Coalition and fooling absolutely nobody.

I am just here to talk about hockey. I really didnt expect to be called a troll simply for going against whatever hive mind is here. I said my opinion, I backed it up with why I fell that way. I responded respectfully to anyone who responded the same to me.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
giphy.gif

Poor Kimmo having to play with that partner

CarolinaFlyerFan

Jun 12, 2007
I Come In Peace

Hey y'all, so I'm a Leafs fan and while I'm very salty with how he left, I figured I'd share with you what I've witnessed from him over the past few years. You're getting one of the best!

Pros:
-Exceptional Hockey IQ/Vision:
the dude can see the ice almost better than anyone. He is always looking to make things happen and can read the ice so well.
-Shooting: had the best shot on the Isles by far, he can really snipe along with his playmaking skills which makes him a dual threat in the offensive zone. Just an all around offensive dynamo.
-Strong on his feet: JVR can really handle his own one on one, especially behind the net. He can hold off defenders as well as twisting and turning away from defenders. I'd say he's one of the best players behind the net.
-
Swift stick handling: when he gets in the zone, no one handles the puck like JVR. He has some of the nicest dekes out there whether it's on a rush or if he starts stationary in the offensive zone.
-Clutch: JVR has a knack for getting and setting up late goals (see playoff round winner goal against Florida). JVR is a machine in OT especially.

Cons:
-Streaky:
the biggest knock on JVR is that he can be inconsistent for long stretches. For a month he can seem like the best player in the world and then the next month he will seem nonexistent. This has more or less happened the last two or three years, but this is also with a non competitive team behind him.
-Not the quickest skater: JVR is for sure agile for a big guy, but his vertical speed is not too great. A lot of people have knocked him for being a slow skater but he isn't as bad as people paint him to be. Although again, he definitely doesn't have the quickest skating.
-Defensive awareness: Not great at this.

You definitely got yourself one of the best players in the league. I am curious to see him with very talented line mates as well.

:teach2:
Sounds like you’re talking about Tavares idk “has the best shot on the isles” and talking about the playoff round winner against Florida?

Last edited:

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

I see Schenn as someone who desperately wanted to be entrusted with a top-6 center role and wasn't going to be happy until he was afforded the opportunity. It's reasonable to believe that they could have ran with Couturier - Schenn - Patrick early on, but then it begs the question of whether it would have stalled the latter's emergence late in the season.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I know, a bunch of babies posting memes and gifs and crying. I have done nothing except discuss the signing of JVR, and what led up to it and my opinion of it. You cant look at hockey deals in a vacuum, repercussions from previous trades impact current rosters..
If you are only allowed to post on here if you agree with everyone then let me know. I didnt think having an opinion and backing it up with why I have it would be an issue.
XUlQYT3.gif

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Hextall went from Schenn to JVR, Frost, Farabee, and Lehtera in one year and it's a bad move? Did you think adding Schenn to last year's team made them a contender?

They should just tell Lehtera to go home for the year, but regardless, it's still a great trade off for now and the future. If Schenn proves that this last season wasn't a fluke, he'll be making more than JVR after the next two seasons anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad