Confirmed with Link: James van Riemsdyk Signing With The Flyers (5y x 7AAV)

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
And saddled the team with useless Lehtera.
He’s actually pretty useful. Look at how quickly he separates the puck from the defender here.
5db162bb-4b5c-46e4-bda9-9e30ac0b208c.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
1. Panther, Dancing. European herring gull 'bout to get his ass on the ignore list. June 30, 2018. The GIG GIF Collection, Lancaster, PA.

That's Chicago style citation. If you want MLA, you can eat ****, pal.
I am a pharmacist so I normally only accept AMA format. However, I will make but one exception.

Reactions: BernieParent

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
Frost is a prospect, nothing more. He has not played a season. Late draft picks dont pan out as much as you think.
from 1990-2013 the average chance of a 27th pick overall being a top 6 forward is 16%. The chance of a 27th overall being a 4th liner or worse is only 62%. 38% end up in ahl or europe.
Therefore the chances he ever gets anywhere near what schenn already was is very slim regardless of how good he looks in warmup videos from summer camps.
It was a bad trade that left flyers stuck with lehtera and led to overpaying for JVR. Bad trades have consequences.

So, you want to say, that Frost, one year after he was drafted, still has the same chance of around 16% to become a top 6 fwd in the NHL?

Last edited:

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
JVR > Schenn.

Honestly. We should've never traded JVR for Luke, that's number 1.

2, Brayden's lack of place in the lineup had everything to do with the Flyers lack of imagination in using him (they would have never thought to put G on his wing). But it still begs the question whether Brayden would have ever "broken out" here. Something tells me not like he has elsewhere. Meanwhile Frost and Farabee are quite the haul for Schenn. Wouldn't be shocked if both of those players end up with as many career points as Brayden.

Yeah...trading Brayden made as much sense as signing JVR. Which is a lot.

Now go do some research on JVR vs Schenn in terms of EV points per 60 and teammate quality metrics.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sounds like you might be talking about Tavares idk you say “

Sounds like you’re talking about Tavares idk “has the best shot on the isles” and talking about the playoff round winner against Florida?

Yup. Im so confused.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So, you want to say, that Frost, one year after he was drafted, still has the same chance of around 16% to become a top 6 fwd in the NHL?

After being runner-up for OHL Forward of the Year to the 1 year older Jordan Kyrou, id say his odds of being a Top 6 NHL forward are EVEN LOWER now.

:sarcasm:

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Why are we debating Schenn in this thread? I love Schenn probably more than most, but he wasn’t going to work out here.

He had no spot in the lineup.
He failed everywhere.
He was placed on the fourth line at times, as his main line.
Hextall cashed in.

Turned him into a 2 year cap dump, two firsts, one of which looked amazing last year and took strides(Frost).

And then we signed Jvr, who I really didn’t want at the price. But there’s been worse signings out there.

I’m going to say we aren’t missing Schenn and he definitely wouldn’t of tipped the scale last year.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
Why are we debating Schenn in this thread? I love Schenn probably more than most, but he wasn’t going to work out here.

He failed everywhere.
Hextall cashed in.

Turned him into a 2 year cap dump, two firsts, one of which looked amazing last year and took strides(Frost).

And then we signed Jvr, who I really didn’t want at the price. But there’s been worse signings out there.

I’m going to say we aren’t missing Schenn and he definitely wouldn’t of tipped the scale last year.
ahhhh, someone brought up the schenn trade and how great it was but failed to mention it saddled the team with Lehtera. I had to correct him, panties went in a bunch from the hextall lovers and a bunch of gifs got posted instead of actual responses.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
ahhhh, someone brought up the schenn trade and how great it was but failed to mention it saddled the team with Lehtera. I had to correct him, panties went in a bunch from the hextall lovers and a bunch of gifs got posted instead of actual responses.

A minor 2 year cap dump to get a second first instead of getting like a 1st and 3rd. I’ll take that ever day of the week and twice on Sundays.

It was a great return. Schenn had no future here, period.

I would take a two year cap dump to get a second first not being a contender, which we weren’t and still aren’t.

It’s good management.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
After being runner-up for OHL Forward of the Year to the 1 year older Jordan Kyrou, id say his odds of being a Top 6 NHL forward are EVEN LOWER now.

:sarcasm:

He failed everywhere.
Hextall cashed in.

No spot in the lineup for schenn, the 5.1 million dollar per year center when all I keep reading is how all the flyers need now is a third line center.
It was a bad deal, plain and simple. Prospects are just that and nothing more frost or not. He has done nothing in the nhl yet, Patrick went in the same draft and played a full year. My point was that the odds that a guy going in the position he went in are less that 1 in 5 to make the top six. He was projected second round, nobody was scrambling to try to get him(except for hextall of course)

Reactions: Lurch

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
No spot in the lineup for schenn, the 5.1 million dollar per year center when all I keep reading is how all the flyers need now is a third line center.
It was a bad deal, plain and simple. Prospects are just that and nothing more frost or not. He has done nothing in the nhl yet, Patrick went in the same draft and played a full year. My point was that the odds that a guy going in the position he went in are less that 1 in 5 to make the top six. He was projected second round, nobody was scrambling to try to get him(except for hextall of course)

He was tried at center. He was tried up and down the lineup. It wasn’t a bad deal. Schenn was tried at LW, at RW, at C. Every line. Failed.

People were talked about to be moving up for frost at the time. We made the right move.

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley

It has been stated multiple times that teams were trying to trade up to take him. A 1 in 5 chance around that position to become a top six forward where was Neck, Giroux, Richads, Carter (number 11), Gange, Williams, hell even Downie taken by the Flyers? Plain and simple I trust them with later first round picks more than any team in this league. This deal made us better when we have all the pieces to compete and win a cup. Do I want to pour gasoline into my eyes every time I see the sloth take the ice yes, but calling that a bad trade is a joke.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Schenn had multiple chances here. He failed.

He gets traded from a non-playoff team to a playoff team. The non-playoff team that trades him makes the playoffs without him; the playoff team that adds him misses the playoffs.

And now the Blues add 2 more centers in the offseason. Let’s see if Schenn’s TOI & production dip.

I also think belittling adding JVR for free because he’s “soft” & was traded (wrongly) from Philly before ignores that he just finished 13th in the entire league in goals. And maybe adding a 29 y/o who just finished 13th in the NHL in goals, without having to give up any assets, is a beneficial transaction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad