James Sheppard Appreciation

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
20130109_SheppardNews.jpg

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649629

Seriously, why are the Sharks always using a Shep picture when posting these updates?

EDIT:
Okay.

That classic Shep face, gotta love it.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Coach Todd McLellan said Sheppard may be someone who actually benefits from the NHL lockout.

“If there’s a player that this lockout scenario worked out for, it would probably be Shep,” McLellan said. “The injury, the surgeries, the recovery and then finding his game. The timing, the stamina, the conditioning, the mental part of it. He was lucky to have this time to accomplish that.”

Still, he added, Sheppard isn’t a lock to be on the opening roster in even a fourth-line role.

“It’s still his job to come and earn a spot, to perform,” McLellan said. “But we will give him that opportunity.”

Sheppard said he feels good about his progress and his game in ways that go beyond the points he’s put up in the AHL.

“Numbers are numbers, but just to be part of a group and coming to practice every day and travel with them is the kind of thing I’ve been wanting and missing since I’ve been injured,” he said. “You feel like you’re a hockey player, that you were meant to do it.”
For James Sheppard, camp is a chance to reward the Sharks for their interest and patience

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
awww...i bear him no ill will; I won't lose any sleep over what could have been if he really catches on in SJ, either.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This season, Sheppard has played 34 games for Worcester, posting 23 points (eight goals, 15 assists) and 52 penalty minutes.

The kid has become quite the enforcer during his time in the AHL.:sarcasm:

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
So, how did he look? Did he trip over his own huge feet? Kick his own skate from under himself? Did he at least sport the patented Jimmy Sheppard look out there?

His fans need to know every detail :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad