James Sheppard Appreciation

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
I can't think of a more well deserved signing congrats Shep! Big things to come in 2013-14.#nhl #sjsharks #nhlpa
http://twitter.com/agentwright/status/350110962935803905
"James played his best hockey for us in the playoffs and his game continues to improve after missing the past couple seasons,” said Wilson. “He's got good size and strength and we think he can elevate his game to an even higher level.”
Sharks Re-Sign Forward James Sheppard

Good for him.:handclap:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I just saw this picture... had to post it!

This is the DR era vs the Soon to be Fletcher era in one!

2010_9_8-2010_9_8_14_35_25-jpg-26156.jpg

Billy Mays Here*

20 points in 61 games? I'm so devastated. Certainly living up to that 9th overall pick now isn't he? :rolleyes:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Hey, good for Mr. Popcorn! Gotta be happy for him that he actually made a NHL career somewhere. Now just stay away from ATV's.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Considering how much DR wrecked him I think it's really good to see him making a career of it, finally.

This. The fact he's still playing in the NHL despite what happened is great to see. Hell, he's six goals away from Koivu despite playing fourth line minutes.

He has as many points as Fontaine. Never going to be a great player but a good depth player.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Couldn't be happier for the guy.
Solid pro and great character guy, exactly what every team is looking for in their bottom six..Good for him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Sheppard talk in the Gaborik thread had me wondering... what has been happening with the Wild's all time best popcorn maker?

Apparently still plugging away at his hockey career in the DEL. Playing for the Cologne Sharks.

James Sheppard Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

14 points in 20 games, not bad.
Went on to finish with only 2 points in 37 additional games. That was the James we knew.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
5 points in 3 games for the Koln Sharks, after some nice years in Berlin. Dang, hell of a consolation prize, making money in Europe.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
5 points in 3 games for the Koln Sharks, after some nice years in Berlin. Dang, hell of a consolation prize, making money in Europe.

Yeah, say what you will about how much it sucks to "bust" as a prospect when you've been dreaming of NHL glory your entire childhood, those busts still get a pretty sweet career in some pretty cool locations.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not so hot if you have a stable relationship, nvm kids, and are having to pick up and move every season, if not during the season. The exotic nature of the places you live in gets old quickly, as a lot of times all you want is to get home, sleep, eat, and get ready for the next game.

Hey, he's not up on a roof in mid winter or anything, but being a gypsy isn't for everyone. I've known the odd bottom of the lineup ECHL guys, and every season it's a new team. You have to have a really understanding gf, or boss( these guys usually have to have an off season gig), flexible living arrangements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad