James Sheppard Appreciation

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
20121016-sheppard-wor-sharks-header.jpg

First Shep decent picture? I'd think so...

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
download.php

BTW, he got 1 assist tonight. He has 5 points in 6 games.
And to think we could have had that stud leading Coyle and Granlund down in Houston. Damn you, Fletch! :sarcasm:

Is it just me or is he starting to go for the Burnsie appearance?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And to think we could have had that stud leading Coyle and Granlund down in Houston. Damn you, Fletch! :sarcasm:

Is it just me or is he starting to go for the Burnsie appearance?

He's trying to hide the dumbfounded look he always has on his face by using facial hair is all.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What did he do to you Wild fans? Other than not living up to the hype lol
He didn't really do anything.

Just from the days of DR, they hyped him as the center for Gabborik and Demitra as a 19-year old.

Turns out, it was just another 19-old. Not good enough for the top-6. Not defensive or good at draws enough for the 3rd line. So he wasted away on the 4th line. He got some time on the 3rd when there was injuries, but didn't do anything.

Toss in that Thelen, Pouliot, and Gillies were also busts, and any Wild 1st round draft pick from that era gets some hate.

squidz*

He didn't really do anything.

Just from the days of DR, they hyped him as the center for Gabborik and Demitra as a 19-year old.

Turns out, it was just another 19-old. Not good enough for the top-6. Not defensive or good at draws enough for the 3rd line. So he wasted away on the 4th line. He got some time on the 3rd when there was injuries, but didn't do anything.

Toss in that Thelen, Pouliot, and Gillies were also busts, and any Wild 1st round draft pick from that era gets some hate.

But on top of that he had the attitude that he didn't need to do anything more while he was here. I think that's what really sells him as the punching bag.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
But on top of that he had the attitude that he didn't need to do anything more while he was here. I think that's what really sells him as the punching bag.

This. There were some articles/blogs about Sheppard playing CoD (I believe) instead of putting in the extra effort that bonafide NHLers were.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I predict that James Sheppard will be the best scorer in the NHL (season 2012-2013, shared title).

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
at best he'll become what Devils' fans have me thinking Palmieri is: solid AHLr but ineffective scrub in the NHL.
FWIW I'm a little more optimistic about Palmieri but it seems like some guys are just suited for that speed of game (AHL) and anything above that has their heads spinning. recall Noreau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad