Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Huh.. they were like 3 ranks aparts in the prospect ranking and as far as I can recall, Barzal was universally seen as better than both Debrusk and Senyshyn but they still went with the reaches. Just terrible, we really need someone like Dorion.

How have the Senators done under his watch? Look at the record. We need that? Really?

Reactions: BBB24

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
How have the Senators done under his watch? Look at the record. We need that? Really?
Look at how handcuffed he's been on the sens. I think he's done a fantastic job considering the owner he has to deal with. Bruins gonna have to rebuild in the next few years and let me tell you i'd rather have Dorion than Sweeney doing the rebuild.

Reactions: Pia8988

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Look at how handcuffed he's been on the sens. I think he's done a fantastic job considering the owner he has to deal with. Bruins gonna have to rebuild in the next few years and let me tell you i'd rather have Dorion than Sweeney doing the rebuild.

Partially handcuffed by his own decisions. But again, look at the performance. Say whatever you want but I know which team I would rather be a fan of in the Sweeney vs Dorion eras.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like that he's called "sneaky tough". What I don't like is dissing Lauzon.
I’d love to see them put Lauzon with Carlo as a second pairing

Lauzon said in a radio interview he’s grown 2 inches since his draft age to 6’3

Carlo is atleast 6’4

I do what Columbus did with their second pairing putting two big D Savard & Gariknov together as a shutdown pair who often start in the D zone allowing Werenski & Jones to play more in the offensive zone.

Lauzon is a tough kid and he moves guys out- he also like tides raise all boats get Carlo a little bit more edgy down there

there is moving guys out and ‘get the f*** out’ and I thought watching Lauzon he’s in the latter

the Bruins should go with this big pair - they got nothing to lose and they could be better then Columbus guys

I’m with you on Lauzon here

also Zboril is interesting- he’s edgy and shows a little prick streak in Providence but in Boston couple of games he looked like a teen hitting the high way with dad for the first time

He can’t be timid he needs to play physical but stay in control

I like the idea of two big decent skating strong defensive D’s on that second pair

Lauzon can carry the puck a bit as well - we aren’t talking Al Pederson here

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I like that he's called "sneaky tough". What I don't like is dissing Lauzon.

I don't think he's dissing him in that interview. Marchand and Krug use to go at each other all the time on social media. For all we know, Lauzon and Zboril have a friendly rivalry/banter after being teammates in the A for a few years.

I'm excited to see what he can do. I know when i watched him play a couple of years ago with my own eyes, i saw a kid who had as much skill as McAvoy but was super green and didn't have the confidence or swagger of McAvoy.

With Zboril, Lauzon, Clifton, McAvoy, and Miller, we have some grit and bite on the backend.

Reactions: Don Cherry

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Carlo is atleast 6’4

I do what Columbus did with their second pairing putting two big D Savard & Gariknov together as a shutdown pair who often start in the D zone allowing Werenski & Jones to play more in the offensive zone.

Lauzon is a tough kid and he moves guys out- he also like tides raise all boats get Carlo a little bit more edgy down there

there is moving guys out and ‘get the f*** out’ and I thought watching Lauzon he’s in the latter

the Bruins should go with this big pair - they got nothing to lose and they could be better then Columbus guys

also Zboril is interesting- he’s edgy and shows a little prick streak in Providence but in Boston couple of games he looked like a teen hitting the high way with dad for the first time

I like the idea of two big decent skating strong defensive D’s on that second pair

I like Lauzon and hope he can play on that 2nd pair . He looked real good prior to the shutdown but when hockey came back he didn’t quite get his game back and at that point Clifton was the better option . There will be some hiccups along the way if Lauzon is indeed playing on the 2nd pair but I’m confident he can get it done .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Carlo is atleast 6’4

I initially like the idea of Lauzon and Carlo as well. But if Zboril makes the team, I'd like to see him stick with a guy who can be a calming defensive influence for him, like Diddier was in the A. I think Clifton might be a little too cowboy in his playstyle.

I think the key with Zboril's next step is to help get the kid some confidence. He can play in juniors, he can play in the A... I think once he realizes he can play in the NHL, his talents will really shine.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If you’re actively saying you’d rather have Dorian than Sweeney, in a Zboril thread no-less, then it’s time to log off because you’re out to lunch.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

Carlo is atleast 6’4

I've never thought of the Gavrikov comparison. That's very interesting.

I think he's in the lead to be that #4 dman unless Zboril or Vaakanainen blow everyone away. Dude looked consistently solid last year in his limited opportunity.

Reactions: DKH

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Zboril is terrible, I can't wait till u guys realise it lol. It's fine tho, i understand some of you guys havent seen him play much like I did. This thread will be flooded by how bad he is in 3 months. I also expect more Sweeney bash once we miss the loffs next season. Dorion is also a better gm than sweeney but i've never said I wanted Dorion.. I said I wanted someone like Dorion (an ex scout) for the rebuild that is coming.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Zboril is terrible, I can't wait till u guys realise it lol. It's fine tho, i understand some of you guys havent seen him play much like I did. This thread will be flooded by how bad he is in 3 months. I also expect more Sweeney bash once we miss the loffs next season. Dorion is also a better gm than sweeney but i've never said I wanted Dorion.. I said I wanted someone like Dorion (an ex scout) for the rebuild that is coming.
There are people here who have watched every game he has played in the last 3 years and they all said how much he has improved. Second the only way the Bruins miss the playoffs is if both goalies, all three players on the top line, and McAvoy miss the majority of season. And there is no way that Dorion is the better GM.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
There are people here who have watched every game he has played in the last 3 years and they all said how much he has improved. Second the only way the Bruins miss the playoffs is if both goalies, all three players on the top line, and McAvoy miss the majority of season. And there is no way that Dorion is the better GM.
Oh, he has improved a bit since his junior days for sure but he's still nowhere near an nhl dman, he's lost in his own zone u'll see. Anyway like I said, just need time before people realise. Also need time before people realise how bad sweeney has been and how f***ed we'll be in the upcoming years. Dorion > sweeney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad