Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder how much support he gets from the staff when he makes mistakes?

I hope they are telling him to go play and don't worry about the mistakes you make (for now).

Just his usage doesn't inspire much confidence. All the nice words and support from the coaches can't change that he knows as well as anyone else he's not playing much if at all.

He played by my count 37 out of 39 pre-trade deadline, and just 5 out of 17 afterwards in the regular season. No appearances in the playoffs despite the Bruins using 8 D-men over 2 rounds. Up until his appearance on Saturday they guy went on a 215 day stretch post trade deadline where he played just 77 minutes of NHL regular season/playoff hockey over 6 games, one earlier this season and 5 last year.

He's been in D-man purgatory. Hard to stay sharp playing so sporadically. Tough to develop when your never playing in games. Can't go to the AHL due to waivers but stuck as the 8th-9th D-man at times.

Is there an opportunity here? Cassidy didn't flinch back in 2017-18 when Gryz's play basically pushed recently signed UFA John Moore to the press box basically permanently (for various reasons). Can Zboril do the same to Mike Reilly whose appeared to of fallen out of favor a bit with the coaches considering last year he was used as a Top 4 guy?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He did yes but caused everyone to scramble around fresh off a change.
How many times have we seen Miller do that in the past. Give him a chance, besides they need a guy that can play physical. This dee is sadly missing in that category and the kid can make plays. He started that goal that Mac converted on with a nice hook back skate and rush up and pass to Hall.

I thought he was one of the best deeman in the pre-season but got sent down. They need to give him a good run and see what he can do and stop punishing him every time one mistake is made. He played some games were he was passive and people complained he was not being physical, time to let him sink or swim.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
How many times have we seen Miller do that in the past. Give him a chance, besides they need a guy that can play physical. This dee is sadly missing in that category and the kid can make plays. He started that goal that Mac converted on with a nice hook back skate and rush up and pass to Hall.

I thought he was one of the best deeman in the pre-season but got sent down. They need to give him a good run and see what he can do and stop punishing him every time one mistake is made. He played some games were he was passive and people complained he was not being physical, time to let him sink or swim.
I agree, I’m giving him a chance, I want him to stay in the lineup. Just pointing out things he still needs to improve on.

It’s his 3rd game of the year, I thought his game against NJ was practically flawless.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just his usage doesn't inspire much confidence. All the nice words and support from the coaches can't change that he knows as well as anyone else he's not playing much if at all.

He played by my count 37 out of 39 pre-trade deadline, and just 5 out of 17 afterwards in the regular season. No appearances in the playoffs despite the Bruins using 8 D-men over 2 rounds. Up until his appearance on Saturday they guy went on a 215 day stretch post trade deadline where he played just 77 minutes of NHL regular season/playoff hockey over 6 games, one earlier this season and 5 last year.

He's been in D-man purgatory. Hard to stay sharp playing so sporadically. Tough to develop when your never playing in games. Can't go to the AHL due to waivers but stuck as the 8th-9th D-man at times.

Is there an opportunity here? Cassidy didn't flinch back in 2017-18 when Gryz's play basically pushed recently signed UFA John Moore to the press box basically permanently (for various reasons). Can Zboril do the same to Mike Reilly whose appeared to of fallen out of favor a bit with the coaches considering last year he was used as a Top 4 guy?

For all the (imo baeless) shit Bruce gets around here for "ruining" kids, if Zboril gives him more than he gets from Reilly, or Moore, or any other option, he'll play him. It sounds like from Fluto's article, too, that Bruce is pushing Kevin Dean to do more teaching with all the young d-men they have out there. I would not be at all surprised if they decide it's Zboril's spot to lose. The same situation kind of happened with Clifton as well. He played through some tough patches and earned a spot.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
For all the (imo baeless) shit Bruce gets around here for "ruining" kids, if Zboril gives him more than he gets from Reilly, or Moore, or any other option, he'll play him. It sounds like from Fluto's article, too, that Bruce is pushing Kevin Dean to do more teaching with all the young d-men they have out there. I would not be at all surprised if they decide it's Zboril's spot to lose. The same situation kind of happened with Clifton as well. He played through some tough patches and earned a spot.

To be fair that’s because he knows what he can get out of Zboril because last year he had no other option except to play Lauzon and Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad