Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not ready to eat the ton of crow yet. Waiting to see if he can keep up his level of play over time and get better as the season goes along.

If he is able to do that and solidify himself a spot on the team I will have enough crow to eat to get me through the summer...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice to hear Zboril played well. If he can achieve what I would think were his draft projections (3-4 D-man who can do a bit of everything) it will be a big benefit to this team.

Reactions: duffy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
But Barzal, Connor

If I recall, I was a bit vocal on my hopes for the B`s to snag Konecny , I had no issues with Zboril pick nor Debrusk, actually didn`t have a massive issue with Seny as I sometimes defer to people who have, I assume, watched a kid numerous times before making their pick but I went home that Christmas to Ottawa and the 67`s had a Friday night and Sunday matinee tilt and Konecny was the only player on the ice who I noticed each and every shift

Reactions: HustleB and duffy

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Zboril as with d-men take a longer time to develop, and he was drafted where he was expected to be.

Put him up with McAvoy for a game or 2 and see what happens.

Lauzon for now doesn't belong there.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Not ready to eat the ton of crow yet. Waiting to see if he can keep up his level of play over time and get better as the season goes along.

If he is able to do that and solidify himself a spot on the team I will have enough crow to eat to get me through the summer...
I’ll be eating crow all summer too if Ritchie plays like he did yesterday! We can eat crow together. All u can eat crow buffet

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I always wonder if the 23 other teams are pissed about the 2014 draft like bruins fans are about the 2015 draft. Pasta is probably the best or second best player in that draft. The only team that probably isn’t mad about missing his is probably Edmonton.
oh I lurk on other boards but never post, trust me, the very things we discuss here, whether it`s draft picks, coaching, GM etc....are all discussed on other boards with fans often talking about the one`s that got away with their organization too

There isn`t one team in this league who hasn`t whiffed on draft picks, not one

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
oh I lurk on other boards but never post, trust me, the very things we discuss here, whether it`s draft picks, coaching, GM etc....are all discussed on other boards with fans often talking about the one`s that got away with their organization too

For sure they all miss picks. I think the drafts a bit of a crap shoot. The kids are too young to show their full potential still. Makes things interesting and makes tanking a waste of time.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

And that is exactly why it’s so exciting to watch it unfold. I don’t know how a fan lets the angst of the misses outweigh the joy of the game. With that said, in college I realized I was that fan and I came to a conclusion that it couldn’t be a bad day every time the local team lost. It just isn’t worth it. I took a step back and I guess I am more fanboy then hardcore fan at this point because of it.

Reactions: Dr Hook

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Zboril looked very good last night. Massive difference from the last time he was up.

I really like that they gave him big minutes, no need to shelter him anymore against the big boys. Let’s give him an honest chance and see if he can make it.

The only question marks that I have are going to be if he can do the same thing against the better teams and if he benefited from having some previous game action overseas that gave him a leg up

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I look at it like this, if the Bruins had traded for Noah Hanifin, as a legion of fans here have pined for them to do, and he played the same game Zboril did last night, those Hanifin fans would be crowing about it very loudly today.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Let the record show ive always been high on zboril as a player despite my general skepticism about bruins prospects. He was the consensus best d left on the board in ‘15 and ive always liked his game. Dating back to world junior when czech got worked by canada and he was the only czech player who came to play

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Let the record show ive always been high on zboril as a player despite my general skepticism about bruins prospects. He was the consensus best d left on the board in ‘15 and ive always liked his game. Dating back to world junior when czech got worked by canada and he was the only czech player who came to play

I’ve always maintained that Zboril has the highest-end tools in the system outside of McAvoy. Can see it on display every shift when he’s skating and especially when he’s shooting. Say what you will about him and his attitude, but he’s always been a good guy to me in Providence and I’m happy to see him succeed if even for one game.

I think their long-term patience and handling of him in Providence is finally going to pay off though. Good for him and kudos to the staff for keeping him on the straightened arrow.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I’ve always maintained that Zboril has the highest-end tools in the system outside of McAvoy. Can see it on display every shift when he’s skating and especially when he’s shooting. Say what you will about him and his attitude, but he’s always been a good guy to me in Providence and I’m happy to see him succeed if even for one game.

I think their long-term patience and handling of him in Providence is finally going to pay off though. Good for him and kudos to the staff for keeping him on the straightened arrow.

Hasnt he been on providences top pair the last few years? Generally wondering. Ive been under the impression hes been an all situations/high ice time guy for them the last couple

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Hasnt he been on providences top pair the last few years? Generally wondering. Ive been under the impression hes been an all situations/high ice time guy for them the last couple

Leach doesn't really run traditional “top pair” structures, but yes, he was Providence’s go-to top-four option. Played PK, PP, ES and out there in OT. He’s played the left and right, just as effective on both sides. Though, I like him better on the left because he seems a bit better shooting, dumping and passing on the fly.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Problem with Zboril is that he was drafted in 2015 by a Cup contending team that reached final in 2011-2013-2019 and were very deep on D and win now mode.

Was he drafted by a team always missing the playoffs like the Habs, he would be a NHL veteran right now.

The opportunity is finally there and has all the skills.

Fast. Skilled. Physical.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I mentioned this in the post-game thread but he definitely seems like the prototypical modern Dman. He’s got good size, excellent mobility and has some good offensive skills. I would like to see him wire the puck as I was told he’s pretty good at that.

What is his ceiling would you say? I think with his mobility and willingness to shoot the puck he could QB the PP.

Reactions: HustleB

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
So how do we keep from losing Zboril in the expansion draft if he has a great season?

I can't imagine Sweeney not protecting Grizz. Think Seattle would take a 3rd to pick from the forward group, e.g. Bjork, Kase or Kuraly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad