Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Oh, he has improved a bit since his junior days for sure but he's still nowhere near an nhl dman, he's lost in his own zone u'll see. Anyway like I said, just need time before people realise. Also need time before people realise how bad sweeney has been and how f***ed we'll be in the upcoming years. Dorion > sweeney
I have watched him and he definitely is not lost in the his own zone. At this point I'm more worried about you ever realizing it. As for the gm thing you do realize that Dorion has done jack shit while having 3 picks in top 5. Sweeney on the other hand has won the GM of the year award. Something that Dorion will never do at this rate. But if you think he is so much better than you should go root for the Sens instead.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I have watched him and he definitely is not lost in the his own zone. At this point I'm more worried about you ever realizing it. As for the gm thing you do realize that Dorion has done jack shit while having 3 picks in top 5. Sweeney on the other hand has won the GM of the year award. Something that Dorion will never do at this rate. But if you think he is so much better than you should go root for the Sens instead.
Don't need to worry about me, I've seen him play enough to make my own judgement and to tell you that he isn't a very good dman. If you don't believe then u can make ur own judgement when u see him play next season(which will most likely be similar to mine if you know ur hockey and you arent dumb). And if you don't realise how well of a job Dorion has made while handcuffed by terrible owner then I dont know what to tell u. Replace Chiarelli with Dorion when he got fired and we def win a cup and we'd be in a way better position prospects wise. But go ahead and love sweeney all u want, ur in for some dark upcoming seasons as much as I am.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Don't need to worry about me, I've seen him play enough to make my own judgement and to tell you that he isn't a very good dman. If you don't believe then u can make ur own judgement when u see him play next season(which will most likely be similar to mine if you know ur hockey and you arent dumb). And if you don't realise how well of a job Dorion has made while handcuffed by terrible owner then I dont know what to tell u. Replace Chiarelli with Dorion when he got fired and we def win a cup and we'd be in a way better position prospects wise. But go ahead and love sweeney all u want, ur in for some dark upcoming seasons as much as I am.

I love when people use hypotheticals as facts to make a point. You immediately lose when doing that.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

So if Dorian was the Bruins GM and did things similar to trading Mika Zibenejjad + a 2nd round pick for Derrick Brassard, passing on Mcavoy or even Chychrun for Logan Brown, trading what ended up being Matt Tkachuck++ for a couple seasons of Matt Duchene, Trading Mark Stone and not getting a 1st round pick, etc, you would be fine with that on not on here bitching?

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I love when people use hypotheticals as facts to make a point. You immediately lose when doing that.
What am I losing again? I aint trying to win anything fam, just stating facts that u'll notice by urself in a couple of months (Zboril) or years for sweeney (cuz he still has Bergy, Marchy and Pasta for a few years to carry his bad judgements)

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Some bizzaro logic being presented in this thread... but im pretty sure its not related to zboril

maybe start a new thread who you want as our gm.

I will vote megan fox because id like to hear her talk about my team as i do my thing

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Some bizzaro logic being presented in this thread... but im pretty sure its not related to zboril

maybe start a new thread who you want as our gm.

I will vote megan fox because id like to hear her talk about my team as i do my thing

The logic is that if you aren't "dumb" (I think he meant stupid) and know hockey, then you will agree that Zboril is a terrible defenseman. So I can see how it is related . . . I think :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zboril is terrible, I can't wait till u guys realise it lol. It's fine tho, i understand some of you guys havent seen him play much like I did. This thread will be flooded by how bad he is in 3 months. I also expect more Sweeney bash once we miss the loffs next season. Dorion is also a better gm than sweeney but i've never said I wanted Dorion.. I said I wanted someone like Dorion (an ex scout) for the rebuild that is coming.
Let’s Meet up next Providence game you have a lot of interesting takes i would like to hear more

loffs? What’s that

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I cant wait to bump this thread next february :laugh:. Im the first who wanted Zboril to succeed and was pretty excited when they drafted him as I live 20 minutes away from the TD station and am a huge bruins fan (Got myself season tickets both year after he got drafted). I also have an ahltv subscription so I have watched many providence game the last few year and I'm not talking through my hat. You guys are free to make up ur own opinion when you see him play but people expecting a top 4 dman are seriously going to be disapointed.

Reactions: tremha

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The big ?'s on Zboril at the draft was inconsistency, drifting focus, and letting his emotions get him away from the team game. All of those sound like kid issues. Granted some kids never get past them even as they become adults. But he's put in the time in Providence and they've been pushing and waiting on the consistency to develop. If he's there then he could be one hell of a defenseman for this club. There was never a question of his skills or potential.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tell me what has Sweeney done for u too love him that much lol (outside of beeing an ex bruins players)? Hes been brutal.
This is exactly why this board has deteriorated

95% of my buds who have been here for years don’t even sign on

I’m maybe 15 minutes a day

and it’s this type that makes me not even care and join HF text groups to talk hockey and everything else basically

No need to respond I am not sure if it will matter by the time I go on again

I’m still keeping my account but this is what you get is it make you want to log on

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I cant wait to bump this thread next february :laugh:. Im the first who wanted Zboril to succeed and was pretty excited when they drafted him as I live 20 minutes away from the TD station and am a huge bruins fan (Got myself season tickets both year after he got drafted). I also have an ahltv subscription so I have watched many providence game the last few year and I'm not talking through my hat. You guys are free to make up ur own opinion when you see him play but people expecting a top 4 dman are seriously going to be disapointed.

Other posters are free to “make up” their own opinions?

How big of you to allow that...I’m sure posters are grateful.

jury is out on this kid. Has he been what was hoped when drafted? Nope, not unless the plan all along was to use a first round pick on a guy who might contend for a spot 5 years down the line.

Zboril’s future and Sweeney’s performance are both debatable. Luckily most of long time, frequent posters follow a pattern of respectful debate. Most. Clearly not all.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What am I losing again? I aint trying to win anything fam, just stating facts that u'll notice by urself in a couple of months (Zboril) or years for sweeney (cuz he still has Bergy, Marchy and Pasta for a few years to carry his bad judgements)

What is factual about ragging on Sweeney and saying that if we had Dorion we would have won a cup?

Reactions: hrdpuk

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Zboril was very solid last night. Happy for him. Even got rewarded with some 3 on 3 OT time.

Killer likes the simple transition game. Sticking to the basics/keep it simple stupid/what have you. IMO that allowed Gryz to really develop his NHL game comfortably when they played together. I expect to see this with Zboril as his pairing as well.

Reactions: HustleB and hrdpuk

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We've gone underground

All except The Don Godfather, though even he has been a bit quiet lately. JZ looked good, better than I expected and he resembled an NHL defenseman out there last night. I guess I don't want him to do TOO well, though, because that would damage the ever so fun 2015 draft narrative a little bit.

Reactions: HustleB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All except The Don Godfather, though even he has been a bit quiet lately. JZ looked good, better than I expected and he resembled an NHL defenseman out there last night. I guess I don't want him to do TOO well, though, because that would damage the ever so fun 2015 draft narrative a little bit.

If Zboril developed into a Top 4 defenseman, it would end that narrative.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

I don't think any knowledgable fans had a problem with them picking Zboril where they did.

To my eye, he got lost a number of times out there, but that is to be expected. I hope he gets at least 25 games or so minimum to really see if he has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad