Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Setting aside one was a 2nd rounder and the other was a mid 1st rounder, it is worth reflecting that it took Adam McQuaid until he was 24 before he secured a full time NHL position and that turned out quite nicely.

As a bottom pair yeah. The second we subtracted a top 4 defender for nothing and slid McQuaid up to top 4 minutes we missed the playoffs.

Reactions: sleepyh

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Because he won't be traded upon request. He has no leverage.

"Forced Sweeney's hand"

Jesus Christ.

Sweeney and the Bruins have been ridiculed for the 2015 draft and now their top pick who hasn't been given a shot at all in the NHL is asking out unless he does. Id say there's more than just a little bit of leverage there. Add to that Krugs gone, Chara maybe on his way and the Bruins needing help on the left side.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Zboril lauzon vak all coming up and rounding into form what's not there to be excited about. We could have possibly the best young D in the league.
Don we gotta let them play a game first bud. The absolutely high end of the potential is somewhere along the lines of what you have floating around in you dome amongst the rainbows and butterflies but another very real potential outcome is an ends in smoke as an unmitigated disaster. That’s not me being negative it’s realistic that we have absolutely zero idea how this will look.

I kno I kno believe and all that and I think I the kid can absolutely be an asset but your hype machine is set on turbo overdrive right now....even for you. Zboril outpouring Lafreniere next season is beyond utterly preposterous and I’d say a more likely outcome is Laf outpaces him by 50 or so points. I think a realistic goal for him next year that would be considered an absolute success would be to come in and by mid season or so he genuinely earns some of Cassidys trust. That would be a huge victory heading forward in my book. As far as he’s gonna score x and be a ROTY and top pairing D and all that that’s fantasy land at this point of his development. What you think my man?

Reactions: gillesgilbert

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Don we gotta let them play a game first bud. The absolutely high end of the potential is somewhere along the lines of what you have floating around in you dome amongst the rainbows and butterflies but another very real potential outcome is an ends in smoke as an unmitigated disaster. That’s not me being negative it’s realistic that we have absolutely zero idea how this will look.

I kno I kno believe and all that and I think I the kid can absolutely be an asset but your hype machine is set on turbo overdrive right now....even for you. Zboril outpouring Lafreniere next season is beyond utterly preposterous and I’d say a more likely outcome is Laf outpaces him by 50 or so points. I think a realistic goal for him next year that would be considered an absolute success would be to come in and by mid season or so he genuinely earns some of Cassidys trust. That would be a huge victory heading forward in my book. As far as he’s gonna score x and be a ROTY and top pairing D and all that that’s fantasy land at this point of his development. What you think my man?
I bet zboril knocks laf hard and separates the puck from man leading a 2 on 1 with bjork popping top corner. Book it.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If he were playing a regular shift, mostly likely yes.

He would have to be making some other types of contributions to be viewed as successful. He's a first round pick that was suppose to be a goal scorer.

I still think there's time to carve himself a career like Brett Connolly, who didn't live up to his draft billing but can contribute to a line's success as a complimentary piece.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I still think there's time to carve himself a career like Brett Connolly, who didn't live up to his draft billing but can contribute to a line's success as a complimentary piece.

It's past time that we evaluate Senyshyn as a player and forget about where/when he was drafted. We all know the story there. Time to just treat him like any other prospect coming up and see what he can do outside of the draft context. Same with Zboril to be honest. That draft was five years ago. Time to move on and let's see these guys as potential players for us and what they can contribute.

Reactions: Mione134

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If he were playing a regular shift, mostly likely yes.

He would have to be making some other types of contributions to be viewed as successful. He's a first round pick that was suppose to be a goal scorer.
So you would not be happy with 10 to 15 goals on the 3rd line given the fact that only one of our 3rd liner got to 10 last year (Coyle)?

You are worrying to much at this point about where he was drafted rather than him contributing in any way.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So you would not be happy with 10 to 15 goals on the 3rd line given the fact that only one of our 3rd liner got to 10 last year (Coyle)?

You are worrying to much at this point about where he was drafted rather than him contributing in any way.

If he played a regular shift on the 3rd line and scored 12 goals, yes, I would be disappointed. Period.

member 96824

Brett Connolly had 52 goals, 120 points in his 2 AHL years.
Zach Senyshyn has 33 goals, 66 points in his 3 AHL years

Connolly also had 6 goals, 11 points in 18 AHL playoff
Senyshyn has 0 goals, 1 assist in 12 AHL playoff games

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

He also had 30 NHL goals by the time he was Senyshyn's age.

Reactions: BruinDust

member 96824

That's what most teams do, but for some reason because it's the Bruins it has no chance of working? Weird for sure.

I think most successful teams look more like Sergachev's integration, going from 15 minutes, to 17:55, to 20 this year, or like how we did with Dougie going 17 to 19 to 21.

I can't recall any conference finalists over the last few years that sent their 3rd pair D to 1st pair and played two rookies behind them in a "well here you guys go, sink or swim!" type fashion.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Looking at the Title it says Zboril, lot of fake news in here spelling his name Senyshyn

There is actually a thread on Seny, best to take it over there.

Now back to Zboril, seems to me Sweeney is talking about him this year and has him on his radar. I think he is ready to play bottom pairing with Lauzon (he can play his offside).

Reactions: DBL84

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think most successful teams look more like Sergachev's integration, going from 15 minutes, to 17:55, to 20 this year, or like how we did with Dougie going 17 to 19 to 21.

I can't recall any conference finalists over the last few years that sent their 3rd pair D to 1st pair and played two rookies behind them in a "well here you guys go, sink or swim!" type fashion.

Chara will be back IMO....

Also, Lindgren and Fox worked out pretty good for Rags

Reactions: BruinsBtn

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I'm looking more at style rather than substance or parallel numbers ( if that makes sense ). Connolly was a high draft pick that took time to work out, and while he's just a middle 6 winger, he still contributes. That's really what i want to see out of Senyshyn, someone who won't ever drive a line, but can compliment one with his skills.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'm looking more at style rather than substance or parallel numbers ( if that makes sense ). Connolly was a high draft pick that took time to work out, and while he's just a middle 6 winger, he still contributes. That's really what i want to see out of Senyshyn, someone who won't ever drive a line, but can compliment one with his skills.

connolly has a better shot than senyshyn. Senyshyn has an nhl shot, connolly has an elite nhl shot.

But on zboril, im bias because ive always liked his game back to wjc against canada. He seems like hes been a top pair or top 4 guy in providence for a couple of years playing all situations and has been reasonably productive offensively. From the reports on the providence board he generally plays well but still is susceptible to some mental lapses in judgement...more so than you would usually see from a dman. In his boston call ups it looks like he has a tough time catching up to the speed of the game and makes some really dangerous decisions either with the puck or with his positioning. Seems like hes thinking a step behind the play. I still think he zips a really nice outlet pass and has a good wrister from the point but if he can’t think the game at a higher level he’ll never be productive enough offensively to justify a spot on an nhl team as a regular. Bottom pair guys need to be steady and safe. He seems more like someone who wants to play like carlo but makes decisions like hes clifton. And a wild card stay at home defensemen is...not ideal

Reactions: PB37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad