Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytduxfan*

It's just thrown around too much on the forums that so and so is a 40 goal or 40 point or whatever scorer when they've only come close to it and haven't actually hit it.

Fair enough. Tbh, I've called people out for that many times myself. I believe it was against EDM fans saying Taylor Hall was a 30 goal scorer (his max is 27). Recently, it was ARI fans saying Hanzal is a 50-60pt C if only he could stay healthy (but he can't, so).

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Silfverberg needs to be moved either to a new line or a different team in the offseason. Cogliano and Kesler can do the lion-share of the defensive, grunt work while a more offensively-minded winger (think Tatar, Drouin, etc.) is the catalyst for production.

Oct 18, 2011
i would move silf if it meant keeping perron. easier to find defensive forwards, than top 6 scorers. it's hard to justify paying him so much if he is only going to give us 30 points when he is capable of more

mytduxfan*

I'm going to hold off on saying Silf is available until after the playoffs. He really showed us what he can do when it really counts last year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Cogs and Silf both bad. Put them with Thompson.

Cogs has lost a step. I don't know if he's playing hurt or not but he doesn't have his world class acceleration going for him right now. He's still very quick but not near as quick as he was.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm going to hold off on saying Silf is available until after the playoffs. He really showed us what he can do when it really counts last year.

I agree, but at the same time I say he should be available and if he has a playoffs like last year then he shouldn't be. He can't score at all in regulation, and I'm surprised he has as many shootout goals as he does. He always shoots to the same spot, but it is his quick release that gets the goalies. I think his 3.5 mil cap hit could be better allocated elsewhere.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
It baffles me how Silf remains untouchable by Kesler's side. I realize that there have to be limits to all that tinkering, and that Kesler's line doing its thing is critically important to Ducks' success. But with all the shakeups taking place throughout the season so far, I wouldn't mind an extended peek at alternatives.

If/when the big line becomes a unit once again, why not slide Silf next to Rakell for some Swedish meatballs magic, and give Santa a go on the checking line? I find it hard to see what Silf brings to the table that Santa wouldn't be capable of. Neither has been setting the world on fire consistently, so change could be in order.

Then again I realize that we are only two games removed from a streak of historical proportions, so it's understandable that BB should have the patience to let things simmer right here and now. So maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Cogs has lost a step. I don't know if he's playing hurt or not but he doesn't have his world class acceleration going for him right now. He's still very quick but not near as quick as he was.

His last maintenance day was before the Ducks raised the SC banner. In all fairness, a lot of players are a little dinged this time of year, I have no problem with his play and giving him a day off won't help.

John

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Wonder if it's confidence, physical issues, poor conditioning or lingering concussion symptoms.

Silfverberg's last 40-45 games last season were at a level not even close to what he's managed this season, what the hell is wrong?

And even as his biggest supporter, I'm starting to give up on resigning him next season.

A trade might benefit both Anaheim AND Silfver himself.

My internet has been down for a while so I haven't been able to watch the part 6-7 games.

Are there any positives to his game AT ALL, or just the same "going through the motions" crap as before?

I recall he had one game a few weeks back where he looked like his old dominant self, but since then he seems to have regressed again?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
He's been horrible, how long can we hold a good playoffs as hope. I think Garbutt would even be better on Keslers line.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Silfverberg is having the most disappointing season of anyone on the roster. If BM has to decide between him or Perron, I think Perron is more valuable

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Silfverberg is having the most disappointing season of anyone on the roster. If BM has to decide between him or Perron, I think Perron is more valuable

Pretty sure Perron will demand 5 mill over 3-4 seasons.

That's a lot of money for a budget team.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Pretty sure Perron will demand 5 mill over 3-4 seasons.

That's a lot of money for a budget team.

I don't think the Ducks can afford 5mil, especially with all the RFAs to sign. With Vatanen hurt it will be interesting to see if anyone picks up his scoring. If not, BM may have to keep Sami. It would not surprise to see Silf and Fowler moved to help with Perron and Vatanen.

John

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't think the Ducks can afford 5mil, especially with all the RFAs to sign. With Vatanen hurt it will be interesting to see if anyone picks up his scoring. If not, BM may have to keep Sami. It would not surprise to see Silf and Fowler moved to help with Perron and Vatanen.

John

that would be aterrible idea.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Wonder what he'd fetch in the offseason.

Could he bring back a predicted 25-30th 1st rounder, or no?

IE: something like Chicago, LA, Washington, or Tampa's first?

Perhaps Silfverberg + our second 2017, For Drouin?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Wonder what he'd fetch in the offseason.

Could he bring back a predicted 25-30th 1st rounder, or no?

IE: something like Chicago, LA, Washington, or Tampa's first?

Perhaps Silfverberg + our second 2017, For Drouin?

no way he could fetch that. Plus, I don't see why Tampa does that at all anyways.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
no way he could fetch that. Plus, I don't see why Tampa does that at all anyways.

What more would it take?

I think #33 would be a better fit in Tampa, than simply being used on a shutdown line in Anaheim.

I want him off Kesler's line, both for his own and Kesler's own good. They have zero offensive chemistry and to be honest, I don't see much chemistry between them at all.

They have decent results shutting lines down due to their individual skill, not due to working great together.

Give Kesler some real offensively skilled wingers for a couple of games, I bet that would help them team way more than that lines is doing now.

Since we're struggling lately anyway, just mix things up. If nothing else, it's good to have something else to fall back on if we hit rock bottom in the playoffs.

Pirri-Rakell-Perry

Perron-Kelser-Stewart

McGinn-Getzlaf-Silfverberg

Santo-Thompson-Cogliano

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I have an idea. Let's give him a grade after every game.

1-10.

Through the season so far, in the games I've seen, he's been a super-solid 3.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad