Confirmed with Link: Jake Walman

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
A two-way contract would pay him way less if he were in the AHL. A one-way would pay him NHL-level salary regardless of whether he's in the A or the NHL.

Ahh. Interesting, thanks! If he bounces back and forth is it prorated in a 2-way? Or always the lesser rate?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ahh. Interesting, thanks! If he bounces back and forth is it prorated in a 2-way? Or always the lesser rate?
Whenever he's with the big team he makes the big number and whenever he's with the little team he makes the little number.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Are you really gonna make a big deal about $50k? LOL.

Probably just felt sorry for the kid since he got injured while playing for the Wings, one way contract for one year really doesn't benefit the team unless Stevie is planning on selling Maatta at the deadline. (Which may actually be his end game.)
Huh? He literally quoted your post about it being a two-way vs. one-way deal. He said nothing about the 50k difference.... don't strawman.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Huh? He literally quoted your post about it being a two-way vs. one-way deal. He said nothing about the 50k difference.... don't strawman.
This is exactly what I said " I think if it's a one way contract over a mil Stevie will walk."

One way over $1M. It's over $1mil by $50k. Strawman my ass, learn how to read if you want to start an argument.

Speaking of strawman up my ass, I had a colonoscopy Monday. It was as much fun as arguing with you.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I anticipate a lot of guys hitting waivers this fall, more than usual.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Guys, guys, let's chill out in here. It's all good. Let's just enjoy that Buttkrak, after recent posts touting his predictive powers for trades and signings, made a very clear and confident prediction, was wrong about it, and then when it was pointed out he was wrong implied that he was actually right because he was barely wrong. And pointing it out at all is making a big deal out of it :biglaugh:
Just busting your chops, Krakmaster :neener:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Guys, guys, let's chill out in here. It's all good. Let's just enjoy that Buttkrak, after recent posts touting his predictive powers for trades and signings, made a very clear and confident prediction, was wrong about it, and then when it was pointed out he was wrong implied that he was actually right because he was barely wrong. And pointing it out at all is making a big deal out of it :biglaugh:
Just busting your chops, Krakmaster :neener:
I know you're just playing with me, but seriously an NHL GM isn't gonna let a guy walk for $50k difference. $50k is damn f'ing close as far as predicting NHL salaries anyways.

I'm a little testy this week because my ButtKrak got violated with a scope, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Activated off IR, team is now carrying 13F and 8D on the roster

Can't be any worse than watching Oesterle AND Hagg play together.... right?

Edit: Mentioning the 13F because Bert is supposed to back soon. Czarnik probably gets sent down since Berggren looks good so far

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Activated off IR, team is now carrying 13F and 8D on the roster

Can't be any worse than watching Oesterle AND Hagg play together.... right?

Yeah, I really hope that was last try of those guys.

Lindström was instantly better, when got a chance with Oesterle, he can open the play much better than Hägg.

Also, Walman is samewhat type as Oesterle, hopefully better, Walman-Lindström should be the way to go.

Hägg should be sent to Griffins.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah, I really hope that was last try of those guys.

Lindström was instantly better, when got a chance with Oesterle, he can open the play much better than Hägg.

Also, Walman is samewhat type as Oesterle, hopefully better, Walman-Lindström should be the way to go.

Hägg should be sent to Griffins.
He needs to go somewhere where there aren't young impressionable future Red Wing defensemen around.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Barring a trade waivers would be involved wherever he goes.
Trade is the way to go. He'll make the other team worse.

Lots of injuries across the league, maybe someone will take him for "future considerations" or maybe a bag of pucks..... or maybe just the bag and then Zadina can fill it, lol.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Walman was bad in Detroit last year but he was playing higher in the lineup than he ever has before.
Maybe he can be a 3LD, but I have my doubts.
There's no future here for him, either way.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Walman was bad in Detroit last year but he was playing higher in the lineup than he ever has before.
Maybe he can be a 3LD, but I have my doubts.
There's no future here for him, either way.
He was playing with an injured shoulder so I'll give him a second chance.

He can skate, but his defense definitely needs work.

Reactions: Henkka

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not expecting anything from Walman. He looked like a 7th at best to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad