Confirmed with Link: Jake Walman

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tage already got his big raise, and they'll pay for a goalie. At that point signing a warm body or two gets them to the floor.

Quite sure they'll throw something like 8 x 8 for Cozens.

Then extend both Girgensons and Okposo for ~2M.

Get a goalie for 5M.

Then they have something like 15 million left to sign one RhD from free market.

Think Erik Karlsson could be a fit via trade? Maybe a bit afterwards.

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
If we move on from Ghost, should he get a shot on PP2 next year? He has a hell of a shot.
absolutely he should. Seider goes pp1 (hopefully he actually shoots it too...only gripe I have with seider is not shooting on the powerplay) and Walman on pp2 would be great.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As a guy in the circles maybe. Not a fan of his puck distribution as the high man. Ed's a better passer.

Norrisnick trying not to hype Ed.

1706647007065.png

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The shot is there, not sure the passing acumen is.

I love Jake, but I don't think he can give us what Mo and Ghost are capable of on the back end of the PP.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The shot is there, not sure the passing acumen is.

I love Jake, but I don't think he can give us what Mo and Ghost are capable of on the back end of the PP.

That's kind of what I'm seeing. I love Wally but he's probably at most a 20 assist defender.

In an ideal world Walman would be a team's #4 defenseman and probably the very best #4 in the league. His defense and skating are terrific but I think his overall game would look better if slotted lower in the lineup.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Jake Walman capitalized on a penalty shot in overtime – the first player in Red Wings history to do so – and Patrick Kane collected an assist while skating in his 1,200th game to help Detroit defeat Vancouver. Walman became the fourth defenseman in NHL history to score a penalty-shot goal in overtime, joining Ben Hutton (Nov. 17, 2016 w/ VAN), Andy Greene (Nov. 11, 2016 w/ NJD) and Frantisek Kaberle (Jan. 13, 2006 w/ CAR).

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Jake Walman capitalized on a penalty shot in overtime – the first player in Red Wings history to do so – and Patrick Kane collected an assist while skating in his 1,200th game to help Detroit defeat Vancouver. Walman became the fourth defenseman in NHL history to score a penalty-shot goal in overtime, joining Ben Hutton (Nov. 17, 2016 w/ VAN), Andy Greene (Nov. 11, 2016 w/ NJD) and Frantisek Kaberle (Jan. 13, 2006 w/ CAR).

Man, that battle between Peterson and Raymond was something.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It's fun watching Walman develop in real time. He is 9th in blocked shots and Seider is 12th. He doesn't lay a lot of hits but he definitely puts his body on the line.

Definite steal by Yzerman. If Yzerman can build up the D a little bit so Seider/Walman aren't playing every single tough minute, I think we're going to see what a gem he is. I could see him growing into a 50p guy.

It also tickles me that St. Louis started declining and Detroit started improving right after we dumped Leddy. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I've never seen a guy give up quite like Leddy gave up in Detroit.

Last edited:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
It's fun watching Walman develop in real time. He is 9th in blocked shots and Seider is 12th. He doesn't lay a lot of hits but he definitely puts his body on the line.

Definite steal by Yzerman. If Yzerman can build up the D a little bit so Seider/Walman aren't playing every single tough minute, I think we're going to see what a gem he is. I could see him growing into a 50p guy.

It also tickles me that St. Louis started declining and Detroit started improving right after we dumped Leddy. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I've never seen a guy give up quite like Leddy gave up in Detroit.
The only mistake was he knocked his goalkeeper down instead of the opponents

Its a shame he doesnt get a point, kid is a work horse.
He really deserved the assist on that goal, but didn't get it. I would like Mickey to talk about that battle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad